• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Only time I thought he might go was todays presser, during the game I thought he at least looked like he cared,

Oh well

reactionary I know, but he can go if he wants, hope he stays, but if he asked then fine, get value back
If he goes then we need to grab up Harvey Langford with WCE pick, don't expect him to go just yet

If he goes then we need to grab up Harvey Langford with WCE pick, don't expect him to go just yet

Im sure he isnt going and was just nervous /upset in the presser and I am shitty, but he looked pretty happy for a guy who got flogged today

Im sure he isnt going and was just nervous /upset in the presser and I am shitty, but he looked pretty happy for a guy who got flogged today
Tbh from what i have seen from Chad i think thats the way he handles stress and being down is just by being in that kind of cheeky state. Seen it all through the highs and lows this year that he has sounded like that

I did a quick run through of who i would delist and who stays and i have 7 list changes so that would be 6 new guys i believe. Maybe thats one too many but that would be 4 national draftees and two rookie draftees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we need an overhaul of our list, but i'll be honest enough to say our list is too unbalanced.

But I'll say it again, McLean and Amartey are poor footballers and I wish Reid was fit enough to have played because he is the best KPF on our list by a long shot.

Where do you go from here? Our midfield is good enough, but we miss the solidness needed in defense and forward to win premierships that we had in 2012.... Grundy, Richards as KPD,.... so great

I don't think we need an overhaul of our list, but i'll be honest enough to say our list is too unbalanced.

But I'll say it again, McLean and Amartey are poor footballers and I wish Reid was fit enough to have played because he is the best KPF on our list by a long shot.

Where do you go from here? Our midfield is good enough, but we miss the solidness needed in defense and forward to win premierships that we had in 2012.... Grundy, Richards as KPD,.... so great
Agree with this
Our current forward line up is:
Amartey, McLean , Hayward,
Papley, McDonald, Parker
Campbell

Need to be something like:
Zane Duursma like medium marking forward, McLean, Hayward
Papley, McDonald, Beau McCreery small strong tackling forward
Campbell

Its as simple as that imo and you have better movement better marking and better forward half pressure

For the Duursma type in the draft it would be imo Cooper Hynes
For the McCreery type i would think probably isn't in this draft class, maybe its internal like Campbell etc

Mids hopefully bolstered next year by a fit Mills and giving sheldrick a chance (clearey on bench getting a few CBAs next year). If we can't find a big body to join Sydney (is McRae past it?), get the biggest bloke in the draft (Cripps / green size).

Kpd stocks concerning and seems like we have no genuine trade targets. Blakey can play KPD (with mills or fox going covering), and Rampe is probably too old to play tall. Hopefully can find a ready to go player in the draft a la Alex J from 2012.

Kpf are in dire need of firepower unless Heeney or Warner play more forward. Would take a punt on Stringer, move Campbell forward and stop playing 3 talls. 2 talls, 2 mediums, 2 smalls is ideal.

Don't mind if Parker moves on, unlikely Lmac given contract renewal and if Warner is going, id ship him off now whilst we have leverage and before the draft starts to dilute. Our existing picks + would help us bring in 3-4 first rounders.

Needs: one KPD (draft), stringer, 1 big mid (draft)

Based on no trade movements:
Blakey (swing forward) - mccartin - Rampe / fox
Lloyd - Melican - Cunningham
Jmac - mills (rotating defence) - gulden
Hayward - Logan/amartey - Campbell
Paps - McLean (2nd ruck) - Warner (rotating mid)

Followers: Grundy, Heeney (rotating forward), Rowbottom

Interchange: florent (wing/defence), sheldrick (mid), roberts (mid / defence), Jordan (tag)

Depth: Adams, cleary, 1 of Logan / Amartey, 1 of Rampe / fox.

Out: parker
In: sheldrick

Id except Rampe, Cunningham, adams, fox and Lloyd to decline, whilst everyone else has room for growth. Rucks can go to 33-35.

If Warner leaves, Adams or fox could come in. If stringer joins us or we pick up ready made players in the draft we just have more competition for spots (paps and Gulden both had great first years, and Hayward was like one of the fastest to kick 50 goals?).

Last edited:
Today once again showed we need a dangerous, agile forward.

Lohmann at 20 proved it doesn’t take long for the really talented kids to impact.

Hamish Davis is the draftee we need.

Think need to fix the middle first

Today once again showed we need a dangerous, agile forward.

Lohmann at 20 proved it doesn’t take long for the really talented kids to impact.

Hamish Davis is the draftee we need.
Davis and Lohmann play different style games and i rate Cooper Hynes over Davis anyway. But agree that the marking and pressure aspect of our mediums and smalls in the forward line need to improve

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back