• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Parker, Adams, Rampe, Lloyd are all in the twilight of their time at the Swans. Originally I was all for drafting tall but looking at our list we'll have a few holes in no time
Lloyd is easily replaceable with the current list dynamic, Rampe is a major problem, Parker/Adams replaced by Gus/Cleary imo. Think its more fixing the pressure in the forward half

Lloyd is easily replaceable with the current list dynamic, Rampe is a major problem, Parker/Adams replaced by Gus/Cleary imo. Think its more fixing the pressure in the forward half
And who replaces them? Even if they were all our bottom 4 (and they're not) we will be losing a lot of impact

I don't think we need an overhaul of our list, but i'll be honest enough to say our list is too unbalanced.

But I'll say it again, McLean and Amartey are poor footballers and I wish Reid was fit enough to have played because he is the best KPF on our list by a long shot.

Where do you go from here? Our midfield is good enough, but we miss the solidness needed in defense and forward to win premierships that we had in 2012.... Grundy, Richards as KPD,.... so great
Where do you go? To be brutally honest you cut deep because the psychological scars of two GFs like that don't heal easily.

Blakey I would trade. Would have big currency and one of our biggest chokers. Florent too maybe. McCartin if anyone wants to take the risk.

Cunningham, Lloyd, rampe, all retiring soon.

And who replaces them? Even if they were all our bottom 4 (and they're not) we will be losing a lot of impact
Lloyd will be replaced by Roberts/McInerney/Campbell/Florent they all play the same role. Rampe has to come from either Frost or from Snell/Edwards. Parker and Adams is the easiest to replace imo as they are already at the start of the 25 season probably behind Gus and Cleary

Parker, Adams, Rampe, Lloyd are all in the twilight of their time at the Swans. Originally I was all for drafting tall but looking at our list we'll have a few holes in no time
*I wonder if Carmichael from next year's draft could be a Lloyd replacement. Seems composed with his kicking and handballing.
*I think short term Fox/Snell could be potential understudies for Rampe.
*Parker has mainly played forward recently. So don't mind if there is not a like for like replacement. I actually prefer a more mobile forward line.
*Re Adams. I would use one of our early picks on a mid. It is good to have depth in that area.

Blakey I would trade. Would have big currency and one of our biggest chokers. Florent too maybe. McCartin if anyone wants to take the risk.

Cunningham, Lloyd, rampe, all retiring soon.
Careful mate. You'll be labled "embarrassing" and "reactionary as ****"

On your point though, Blakey is actually one that cane to mind earlier when I was considering who we could trade out of left field.

I'd better stop now. I'm already embarrassing myself.

Careful mate. You'll be labled "embarrassing" and "reactionary as ****"

On your point though, Blakey is actually one that cane to mind earlier when I was considering who we could trade out of left field.

I'd better stop now. I'm already embarrassing myself.
Yeah from a "who has value we could get picks or players from" perspective. He just regularly underperforms. Perfect for essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the GF result will change our list management plans.

I feel they might turn the list over a bit more in the hope of finding someone that improves the team. Either drafting more than we planned or gambling on a fringe player from other clubs.

Also maybe they could rotate the squad a bit more to give younger players a run of games. I feel we will never know if a player is good enough unless we give him a few senior games. Like last game of the regular season, select Sheldrick in the midfield to see how he goes. Or give Konstanty a few games when he was uninjured because we lacked another small forward.

i was pretty pessimistic at the beginning of the finals, anyone who had been to the adelaide oval to be humiliated and bullied by port and totally non competitive knew that we could be exposed again. but the comeback against the giants seemed to suggest good things might yet happen

but groundhog day took place.

I just cant get over how pathetic that performance was. how they werent even trying in the last and still kicked two goals.

6 goals to 1 in the second and could have been 10 tbh. they missed some very gettable shots and our one came from zorko running over the marl to stop robbie fox from trying to kick it 55 which was never going to happen.

the moment i knew the game was up was someone kicking to lloyd on half back flank and he played on to kick it long to one swan and four lions. I thought they either have no brains or they are in fight or flight mode without any control whatsoever. the truth was from where lloyd was this was the only option. Where the f were the swans players ? Were they all milling around the corridor waiting ?

There was a moment i think in the second but could have been the fourth where someone kicked the ball inside fifty where amartey was surrounded by 8 lions. He had zero chance but the kick to that had occurred under pressure. Where the f were the other 21 swans because i could see brisbane players everywhere and no swans at all.

their first goal had four lions players to two swans inside our forward fifty after being cut up straight through the middle by a kick over the top - where were we ?

Just so so disappointing.

Best prep ever ?? Wtaf ?

But I'll say it again, McLean and Amartey are poor footballers and I wish Reid was fit enough to have played because he is the best KPF on our list by a long shot.
I couldn't understand why people were so happy to see him out of the side. He is a massive upgrade on any of the 3 talls in our current team. He could actually mark a football.

I can easily see you guys bringing in 3 mature aged bodies from other clubs here. Stringer, Frost and Kennedy can probably be achieved while only losing Parker + a guy like Konstany who probably wants out being too far behind others

Stringer is a MUST really. It will be the way to get out of the Amartey/McLean duo who dont gel all that well

We had McDonald, McLean, Amartey and Parker in our forward line. How slow. No wonder why teams can just waltz out of there so easily. Parker will be gone next season. Take out McLean. We can add in Cleary in the forward line perhaps, and another mid size forward to partner with Hayward, such as Stringer? That adds a bit of speed and increases forward pressure with Cleary in there. I am just spitballing here. What are your guys thoughts?

We had McDonald, McLean, Amartey and Parker in our forward line. How slow. No wonder why teams can just waltz out of there so easily. Parker will be gone next season. Take out McLean. We can add in Cleary in the forward line perhaps, and another mid size forward to partner with Hayward, such as Stringer? That adds a bit of speed and increases forward pressure with Cleary in there. I am just spitballing here. What are your guys thoughts?
It’s a lot better than the current setup.

Logan is an old school ff. Lead up and mark. But he’s forced to play up the ground because amartey gets gassed moving 20m from the square .

Piss off amartey , let Logan play his natural game and bring in someone with forward craft like stringer

After that debacle I'm ready for Stringer and Kennedy lol. Stringer as our #2 forward who can fire occassionally now and then Kennedy as a flier that hopefully breaks through with us. But we just hope that Sheldrick and Cleary breaks through next year first and foremost, we need them.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back