• KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts
You keep Membling out of this

You’ll see more clubs willing to trade out first rounders as the draft becomes compromised by Tassie.
I see it the other way. Teams will want as much early talent as possible in the next few years before the draft is compromised. Assuming the first compromised draft is 2027, first round picks for 24, 25, and 26 will be gold. If you trade out of these draft, you may not have access to young talent for 5+ years.

I see it the other way. Teams will want as much early talent as possible in the next few years before the draft is compromised. Assuming the first compromised draft is 2027, first round picks for 24, 25, and 26 will be gold. If you trade out of these draft, you may not have access to young talent for 5+ years.
The stupid part is that there are ways to set up a new competitive team without interfering with the draft at all, and without unfairly impacting anyone.

They should attempt to draft them in the first place

If they went for SA player at each pick since 2013 (going by SA taken at or with their next pick):

2013: Lemmens, Knight*
2014: Durdin, Wigg*, Daniels,
2015: Milera*, Burton,
2016: Hayward, Lewis Young, Willie Rioli or Jack Graham
2017: Fogarty* (Zac Bailey next), Andrew Mcpherson* (Ballard Next)
2018: Hately, McLennan, Valente, Darcy Fort, 2019: Kozzie Pickett/Will Day, Schoenburg*, Taheny
2020: Thilthorpe*, Pedlar*, Cook*, Poulter, Rowe, 2021Wanganeen-Milera, Arlo Draper, Al Lord, 2022: Michalanney*, Dowling*, Phoneix Foster, 2023: McCabe (FS) next Goad, Moir

* denotes players who were SA and drafted by Adelaide

It is ok...

They should attempt to draft them in the first place
I think that their strategy is to pick what looks like the best available at the time and back themselves to keep them. Then they turn their attention to trying to win the local boys to come back home. It's not a bad strategy except that Port could stuff it up for them from time to time.

I think that their strategy is to pick what looks like the best available at the time and back themselves to keep them. Then they turn their attention to trying to win the local boys to come back home. It's not a bad strategy except that Port could stuff it up for them from time to time.

Chuckle… Horne-Francis

Really not sure why he would only sign to free agency? I'm a little disappointed in this to be honest. Why wouldn't he sign a long term deal? I'm sure he'll be paid appropriately and this just put us in a position where other clubs can put huge deals in front of him. I'm talking $1.5m+ by then and this includes Tasmania by then who'll be looking to poach the absolute best and will be able to get him for nothing.

Really not sure why he would only sign to free agency? I'm a little disappointed in this to be honest. Why wouldn't he sign a long term deal? I'm sure he'll be paid appropriately and this just put us in a position where other clubs can put huge deals in front of him. I'm talking $1.5m+ by then and this includes Tasmania by then who'll be looking to poach the absolute best and will be able to get him for nothing.
I think you answered your own question.

I think you answered your own question.
We all like to think our academy kids should take what we can give them, and I'm sure they take less than they can get elsewhere to stay. Not suggesting that Errol will leave in 4 years or expect us to match other offers, but it's perfectly reasonable for him to go through to free agency and be able to get some extra money out of the club then. I expect him to stay and it'd be nice to have an extra year or two, but I won't judge him for trying to maximise his earnings in an otherwise short career. He's on track to be worth it.

We practically push some players out the door, the club can't be too unhappy if players try to get closer to their market value.

Nick Daicos has done the same thing. Just happens his FA is one year later than Errol's.

There are going to some teams totally burnt by these long term mega deals that are getting thrown around. Some already have been.

4 years is fine when you are paying someone huge money.

Lukosius has played a 100 games and kicked 60 goals. He's not a strong contested mark.

His best position is massively up in the air imo

To a degree but he’s looked outstanding in games and boy he can kick the thing. Would depend on the price but if we got for arguments sake pick 20 compo for Hayward I’d take the gamble on Luc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the Adelaide teams keep throwing up their interest in every quality player available forever and a day is getting annoying now. Hope they both eventually end up with average squads and a bursting cap only to then have their best up and comers poached by other clubs. They are absolute scabs and make no secret about it.
Why wouldn't they go after an Adelaide boy , we would do the same , don't see any issue

View attachment 1955435

Pies apparently will have massive space when all these players retire. Not sure where the $5mn number comes from but that’s not the point. Close this thread down it’s all about the Pies…
This kind of media always seems to assume that a) there's no cap floor and b) teams with big names retiring have no-one underneath them to take the cap space by the time they retire.

If they went for SA player at each pick since 2013 (going by SA taken at or with their next pick):

2013: Lemmens, Knight*
2014: Durdin, Wigg*, Daniels,
2015: Milera*, Burton,
2016: Hayward, Lewis Young, Willie Rioli or Jack Graham
2017: Fogarty* (Zac Bailey next), Andrew Mcpherson* (Ballard Next)
2018: Hately, McLennan, Valente, Darcy Fort, 2019: Kozzie Pickett/Will Day, Schoenburg*, Taheny
2020: Thilthorpe*, Pedlar*, Cook*, Poulter, Rowe, 2021Wanganeen-Milera, Arlo Draper, Al Lord, 2022: Michalanney*, Dowling*, Phoneix Foster, 2023: McCabe (FS) next Goad, Moir

* denotes players who were SA and drafted by Adelaide

It is ok...
Where is Dawson?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back