• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 20 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So basically we aren't going to do anything.
Which is what Beatson did say on Gettable a couple of months ago. This was on the basis that we had re-resigned a number of our key players this year and didn’t have cap space to go after anyone.

Throw in holding Warner to his contract and there is little player movement.

So the draft it is.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we tend to delist some after the trade period so that we have the opportunity to find new homes for them in the meantime. IIRC we finalise our list after the trade period but before the draft.
Mitchell, Francis and Hanily stay, likely McAndrew and Konstanty to go, the former especially if Ladhams is staying.

Yep, I want us to go with 2 KPFs, especially against smaller, quicker oppo.

Not overly confident.

Personally it's McDonald as the central key (it is time), then the best athletic tall that doubles as a second ruck (one of Amartey/McLean). I'm not fussed who people want just one of the two not both. Then Papley and Campbell as small forwards, and I'd like Hanily in there too to play depending on the opponent. At a minimum put BC in there increasing our smalls by 1. Cleary would be in for Parker split mid minutes with Chad.

Mitchell, Francis and Hanily stay, likely McAndrew and Konstanty to go, the former especially if Ladhams is staying.

More I think of it we give Konstanty a 1 year deal, what's the worst that happens we delist next year, so be it. You don't lose talent.

There's not a lot of players available who are going to add that much

Yep, we tried to get Barass, etc. Don't see what others people want us to go after. Last year was our trade period.

I think if we actually wanted to keep him, we'd have extended by now.

Would rather open up a 3rd senior spot.

Depends where the pick is, still think we take 3 live selections anyway. I wonder whether we are thinking Hotton as a small forward in the draft, please be true (one of my absolute favourites lol)

Yeah screw Carlton. Want to be cheap….well walk on. Hopefully Pies get him then.

Don't know why Carlton are even wanting a HBF, they have about 15 of them. They need mids or small forwards. Really think Port hold onto him unless they get significant overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like Pies will bend over Suns for Noble and get Houston with the pick they land

That could be a fair deal. It's basically 13 for the pies f1 with Noble thrown in to even it out. Pies f1 could easily be worse than 13 next year, easily. This is a side that's very old in key areas and Daicos had an out of this world year and they still missed finals, he only has to miss a month and it could be bottom 5-6.

Don't know why Carlton are even wanting a HBF, they have about 15 of them. They need mids or small forwards. Really think Port hold onto him unless they get significant overs.
Their ball movement is terrible. Newman gets a lot of the ball but does nothing.

If they had a couple like Houston and Blakey they'd be world beaters.

Their ball movement is terrible. Newman gets a lot of the ball but does nothing.

If they had a couple like Houston and Blakey they'd be world beaters.

They need small forwards more than anything they are cooked if they two key forwards don’t mark the thing.

Wicks needs to have a big pre season

We need another small

I guess it depends whether Horse sees the light and actually plays Campbell where he's suited and not half back.

Campbell, Cleary, Hanily, part time Sheldrick and Warner.

But yeah, it's not over for Wicks. We know what he can do, just hasn't been consistent.

Two you listed are genuine midfielders well I sure hope we aren’t wasting Sheldrick forward again. Cleary is a mid

Two you listed are genuine midfielders well I sure hope we aren’t wasting Sheldrick forward again. Cleary is a mid
Cleary's not going into the mids full time for another couple of years. Sheldrick won't be at Rowy levels in that same time period. While it's possible he attends 40-50% of CBs, doubt he does more than that (I'd also put Mills there).

So given Cleary has shown a bit as a pressure forward and Sheldrick can pressure/kick a goal, then they spend time up forward too.

The more Sheldrick plays in mids, the more time Warner and even Heeney spend up forward.

Cleary's not going into the mids full time for another couple of years. Sheldrick won't be at Rowy levels in that same time period. While it's possible he attends 40-50% of CBs, doubt he does more than that (I'd also put Mills there).

So given Cleary has shown a bit as a pressure forward and Sheldrick can pressure/kick a goal, then they spend time up forward too.

The more Sheldrick plays in mids, the more time Warner and even Heeney spend up forward.

Warner can go forward no issue there does squat in the middle till the second halves of games anyway.

Cleary should split with a mid playing 30% in there whether it be Heeney whatever

Warner can go forward no issue there does squat in the middle till the second halves of games anyway.

Cleary should split with a mid playing 30% in there whether it be Heeney whatever
Yes, that's what I'm saying. I think we have a number of players that can play mids and forward.

Personally, at least in the short term, I'd want Sheldrick and Mills more into the mids, with Gus at half forward the rest of the time, and Warner to play off half forward more. Slightly less mids time for Heeney too, which helps as I'd be dropping a KPF.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back