• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 20 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And contribute SFA for the rest of the game though. Which is not Horse's fav kind of player - hence we don't have one.

Well he might have wanted to watch the GF tape on Lohmann and then reassess his view of those types of players

“pick 6 is a good starting point for Rioli”

**** me the VIC media is ******ed.. if it was Dan Rioli trying to be traded from Sydney it’d be something like pick 30 seems reasonable and fair.. Sydney don’t have much leverage in this one
My favourite example of this is Adam Saad.

The same player going from GC to Essendon - ohh late second rounder is overs.

Then in Free Agency going to Blues…pick 8 is fair.

Literally the same player, just less of his career left in him.

I haven't looked too closely at this years crop of talent.
But we can get two very good players at our picks likely starting at about pick 21 or so.

I am leaning towards getting forwards. Maybe a small forward and a KPF, or a genuine mid that can genuinely play forward as well.

A few of players at our picks according to RookieMeCentral. I expect there are others that our recruiters have in mind.
I am quite excited if we take these picks to the draft in what is expected to be a deep draft.

Pick 21

Jesse Dattoli​

Northern Knights| Forward-Midfielder
height:179cm
D.O.B:07-07-2006
BOUNDLESS ENERGY
Dattoli’s national carnival and promising end to the Coates Talent League season has seen him accelerate into top 25 calculations. The lively small forward boasts terrific craft around goal and always tries to create something with ball in hand. He also holds his own at the stoppages and has been utilised in midfield outside of his representative duties with Vic Metro, where he proved to be an important link player on the wing or as a high forward. Dattoli produced a trio of three-goal games at Coates Talent League level this year and has racked up as many as 35 touches while turning out between his school football commitments.
AUGUST RANKING: #27
LAST MONTH:
Coming into Wildcard Round on the back of two three-goal games, Dattoli starred with 35 disposals, eight inside 50s and a goal to guide Northern into finals. He copped a tough matchup inside 50 against Oakleigh, but still managed to get his hands on the ball with 21 disposals (15 handballs) and two behinds. At his best, he is capable of turning games on their head both as a forward and midfielder – he proved that late in the season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pick 23​

Cooper Hynes​

Dandenong Stingrays| Midfielder-Forward
height:190cm
D.O.B:28-02-2006
THE HYBRID
Few can compete with the pure weight of numbers Hynes has produced at Coates Talent League level, forming a formidable one-two punch with fellow Dandenong Stingrays co-captain Harvey Langford. The midfielder-forward was blooded in the Vic Country Under 18s side last year and has backed up his promise with averages of 25.3 disposals, 4.0 marks, 5.0 inside 50s, and nearly two goals per his 12 club appearances to date. He’s hard to tie down due to his size but has improved his running ability and has always had a good eye for goal, or teammates in better positions to score.
AUGUST RANKING: #21
LAST MONTH:
Hynes helped lead Dandenong to the preliminary finals on the back of two-goal hauls in both Wildcard Round and the quarter finals. He then finished with a steady 17 disposals and five tackles against eventual premier, Sandringham having made a terrific start to proceedings. He looms as exactly the type of damaging, big-bodied midfielder-forward which is currently in vogue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Key forwards

Pick 19
Jack Whitlock

Pick 20
Jobe Shanaham

Pick 24
Jonty Faull

Gonna look back at the Rioli deal in 24 months time and its just going to be Weller 2.0

Rioli won't add much to GCS that Flanders isn't already doing back there and Richmond will probably get like a Lalor with that pick to build them back up to top 8 contention when Tassie arrive

I haven't looked too closely at this years crop of talent.
But we can get two very good players at our picks likely starting at about pick 21 or so.

I am leaning towards getting forwards. Maybe a small forward and a KPF, or a genuine mid that can genuinely play forward as well.

A few of players at our picks according to RookieMeCentral. I expect there are others that our recruiters have in mind.
I am quite excited if we take these picks to the draft in what is expected to be a deep draft.

Pick 21

Jesse Dattoli​

Northern Knights| Forward-Midfielder
height:179cm
D.O.B:07-07-2006
BOUNDLESS ENERGY
Dattoli’s national carnival and promising end to the Coates Talent League season has seen him accelerate into top 25 calculations. The lively small forward boasts terrific craft around goal and always tries to create something with ball in hand. He also holds his own at the stoppages and has been utilised in midfield outside of his representative duties with Vic Metro, where he proved to be an important link player on the wing or as a high forward. Dattoli produced a trio of three-goal games at Coates Talent League level this year and has racked up as many as 35 touches while turning out between his school football commitments.
AUGUST RANKING: #27
LAST MONTH:
Coming into Wildcard Round on the back of two three-goal games, Dattoli starred with 35 disposals, eight inside 50s and a goal to guide Northern into finals. He copped a tough matchup inside 50 against Oakleigh, but still managed to get his hands on the ball with 21 disposals (15 handballs) and two behinds. At his best, he is capable of turning games on their head both as a forward and midfielder – he proved that late in the season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pick 23​

Cooper Hynes​

Dandenong Stingrays| Midfielder-Forward
height:190cm
D.O.B:28-02-2006
THE HYBRID
Few can compete with the pure weight of numbers Hynes has produced at Coates Talent League level, forming a formidable one-two punch with fellow Dandenong Stingrays co-captain Harvey Langford. The midfielder-forward was blooded in the Vic Country Under 18s side last year and has backed up his promise with averages of 25.3 disposals, 4.0 marks, 5.0 inside 50s, and nearly two goals per his 12 club appearances to date. He’s hard to tie down due to his size but has improved his running ability and has always had a good eye for goal, or teammates in better positions to score.
AUGUST RANKING: #21
LAST MONTH:
Hynes helped lead Dandenong to the preliminary finals on the back of two-goal hauls in both Wildcard Round and the quarter finals. He then finished with a steady 17 disposals and five tackles against eventual premier, Sandringham having made a terrific start to proceedings. He looms as exactly the type of damaging, big-bodied midfielder-forward which is currently in vogue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Key forwards

Pick 19
Jack Whitlock

Pick 20
Jobe Shanaham

Pick 24
Jonty Faull

Really hate these hybrids thats just another name for 'no position but talented'. For every good one there are 9 that never find their position. Give us two talls, OR one tall a small lockdown defender or a small forward. Feel we take a key forward at one, genuine one, if Shanahan or Whitlock are there we shock consider. No woder we are trying to get up for Armstrong but can't see there being any takers.

Gonna look back at the Rioli deal in 24 months time and its just going to be Weller 2.0

Rioli won't add much to GCS that Flanders isn't already doing back there and Richmond will probably get like a Lalor with that pick to build them back up to top 8 contention when Tassie arrive

Flanders didn't play HBF for the last 8 weeks. Played as a genuine midfielder. That's the plan and unlike Flanders...Rioli can genuinely kick

We don't have to sit here and pretend it is a reasonable deal though.

I think it's more than reasonable. People have to realise the quarterback defender is close to the most important position to get right in your team, every attack is set up by them.

Really hate these hybrids thats just another name for 'no position but talented'. For every good one there are 9 that never find their position. Give us two talls, OR one tall a small lockdown defender or a small forward. Feel we take a key forward at one, genuine one, if Shanahan or Whitlock are there we shock consider. No woder we are trying to get up for Armstrong but can't see there being any takers.
Haven't you spoken in favour of Travaglia and Trainor?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flanders didn't play HBF for the last 8 weeks. Played as a genuine midfielder. That's the plan and unlike Flanders...Rioli can genuinely kick
True Flanders literally cost GCS 6 goals in the game against us from TOs through kicking. Is Rioli a game changing improvement on Powell, Budarick and Uwland tho.

True Flanders literally cost GCS 6 goals in the game against us from TOs through kicking. Is Rioli a game changing improvement on Powell, Budarick and Uwland tho.

Yes he is, and way better, Powell will move to the second distributor. Honestly a top 10 pick is fine for Rioli play some swaps down the line

I thought of you when I wrote that. Heeney is your classic Mid/FWD. Papley is a FWD/MID. Both play both with aplomb. I wouldn't mind more players like that in the team.

Haven't you spoken in favour of Travaglia and Trainor?

The latter is a key for mine, or he will be at least for mine. Travaglia was literally 7 on my wish list and for the record have him way higher than Hynes. I'd take all the other 6 over him though

Quarterback haha.

The guy is a half back flanker. He is a pretty good player. He isn't a superstar.

It's what I call the defender that sets up the play. Go through every pick 6 and I'll guarantee you...I'm taking Rioli!

I thought of you when I wrote that. Heeney is your classic Mid/FWD. Papley is a FWD/MID. Both play both with aplomb. I wouldn't mind more players like that in the team.

Heeney is elite small difference and was a top 3 pick! Paps is not a hybrid despite what Horse tries. No more hybrid than Eddie Betts was lol

Some extra info from another press conference with Keane (video doesn’t seem to be uploaded anywhere)

Sounds like Ladhams likely to stay

Somebody asked about Wicks - had a positive exit meeting and fully invested

Sounds like we’re not looking at trading anyone in:

"In terms of areas we might need to address, we might look to do that in the draft," Keane added.

Some sanity on Ladhams. Good.

Powell off less disposals has a better KE% and 16% more metres gained in total.
View attachment 2135064

Powell is fine, he is not Rioli not even close, they will play both. Comparing apples with oranges in years too, go to a year where Richmond were half reasonable, take the year prior for one.

Check out Hamish Davis rustycrate

Unfortunately Freo has the pick immediately prior to us & may well take him - but I’ve watched him at Claremont this year & boy oh boy, wowee …. he is next level.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back