• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the rules about deficit and how it might mean that 58 is worthless to us i wouldn't mind trading up 44 and 58 to maybe get into the 30's but its tough to see how given most teams that are matching are packed in between 39-43 right before 44

I’d like to trade our F2 with something along the same lines. Yes I know we need matching points next year but we have two years of points to play with

It's two GF games now. Not just one.

Our tall fwds are rubbish and we don't have a key defender.

Routinely when we lose its because we cant score. It mightnt be the forwards (in my view its actually the midfield and their inability to be competitive when under pressure) buit part of it is the forward lines complete inability to stop the ball rebounding at will.

against brisbane it was definitely the defence from midfield onwards. we were routinely out worked, outnumbered and outfought.

In any case, its time that everyone stopped saying our best was the best. It was in the first 14 rounds. It clearly wasnt by round 20 when numerous other teams had gone past us, or even if they werent past us they were on a par.

Having amartey and mclean competing with each other to even get to the drop of the ball (which is a frequent issue) is not helping. Mclea gets a run because he chops out in the ruck. amartey is lead in the saddle bags of a team under pressure. we have to prepare the team for brisbane, fremantle etc not for north and the crows (and I like the crows but their tall defenders arent much better than ours)

I know most won't agree with this but this is what i would be looking to set the team up rd 0/1 next year. The forward draftee would also not be a tall it would be a medium and if not then probably Amartey comes back into the side. Could also make an argument for Fox being sub given the dropping of a tall forward

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 4.48.52 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 4.48.52 PM.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 15
I know most won't agree with this but this is what i would be looking to set the team up rd 0/1 next year. The forward draftee would also not be a tall it would be a medium and if not then probably Amartey comes back into the side. Could also make an argument for Fox being sub given the dropping of a tall forward
Interesting. I'd never thought that playing on a hardcourt instead of grass might be the solution.

I would make one change. I would have Sheldrick on ball with Heeney.

Fair enough. Green to ruck more in VFL, with Ladhams. Buller and hopefully one of our 2 fwd/rucks in seniors to join them in pinch hitting.

If McAndrew had stayed we'd be a bit top heavy in VFL even with an injury guaranteed pretty much every week.

KPF - Draftee, Buller, Hamling, senior KPF
Ruck - Ladhams, Green, Buller, senior KPF, Edwards
KPD - Francis, Snell, Edwards, Cochran, Hamling

That's even if we don't draft an additional KPD, though perhaps a mature ager next year to replace Francis and focus on KPF, Med Fwd, Inside Mid, Small Def this year.
Interesting that they describe Caleb as a defender. To date he has been a midfielder. A year to remake himself as a medium defender a la Roberts is reasonable. Hope he makes it, he's a good kid.
Hanily has shown enough to gamble a year in VFL as a medium forward. Hard and cracks in.
Sad about McAndrew but inevitable I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair i also thought about maybe chucking him on ball and Warner onto bench/forward line but i think i got the basics right (which 90% of the team should be retained tbh)
Warner to half forward yes.

Play only one of McLean or Amartey in at least some games, depending on oppo and conditions.

Campbell (fwd) and Fox in (defence), instead of KPF and fwd draftee.

Mills mids.

Lloyd sub.

Think we'll need F3, which is likely to be around 49 for matching.
Pick 49 next year offers 89 points with the new model doesn't really add much and think you can easily trade in 3rds on draft night. Think if it can be the difference maker of getting up the board another 5 picks then it is more value

Warner to half forward yes.

Play only one of McLean or Amartey in at least some games, depending on oppo and conditions.

Campbell (fwd) and Fox in (defence), instead of KPF and fwd draftee.

Mills mids.

Lloyd sub.
Fair the forward draftee was effectively the role that Warner was playing as a fwd but just having it full time

Lloyd?

Be good if Saints offered McAndrew a list spot.
I mean we are the club that got rid of Cameron and Nankervis, WTH do we know about whether Stretch is good or not?
Seems to be a good tap ruck and can make his presence felt with some tackling too.
They could do worse.

Would be fine if we picked up any of Lloyd, McCartin, Edwards. Harrison as just a regular rookie draftee.
They would be the top 3 with Edwards and Lloyd playing some good footy during the year. I think Edwards faded a little as the season went. Lloyd looked sharp around goals. Interestingly, he was actually a half back flanker / Wing like Jake in his draft year.

Didn't see enough of McCartin to say a definite yes but the reports of him in the media were promising

Sheldrick is probably the one that looses the spot knowing Horse but maybe it would be this below: View attachment 2145937
In all honesty, I could maybe see Lloyd losing his spot at some point next year (I'd be shocked if Horse didn't at least back him in for round one at a minimum.)

And I don't think it would be such a bad thing if he did. Not because he's not still very good, because he is. His first two finals in particular were just about the best games he played all year, and yet another top 10 finish in the B&F. But as I've banged on about, I think we have too many flankers/outside players, and to fit some of the players I think we need more in - such as Mills or Sheldrick for hardness in the mids, or Cleary for pressure inside 50 - I think one of the flankers has to go, and Lloyd is the oldest by a long way.

Will be very interesting to see if Horse adjusts over the summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back