• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We will see seen so many of these academy kids horribly overrated. Edwards was the year prior to his draft. Maybe you are right but calm the expectations
Very fair. I think if we do get the high end of projections from the 3 academy boys next year (unlikely) then it solves like all the problems for Sydney in the future. And helps with the most frustrating problem "go home factor"

I think 2 out of 3 from Chamberlain, King and Carmichael are higher end national draftees next year

Very fair. I think if we do get the high end of projections from the 3 academy boys next year (unlikely) then it solves like all the problems for Sydney in the future. And helps with the most frustrating problem "go home factor"

I think 2 out of 3 from Chamberlain, King and Carmichael are higher end national draftees next year

That’s a lot of IF personally and I say it all the time go with the lower end. One might be top 8-10, one might be top 20 ish, other one is a second rounder that’s the range I’ve got.

That’s a lot of IF personally and I say it all the time go with the lower end. One might be top 8-10, one might be top 20 ish, other one is a second rounder that’s the range I’ve got.
I reckon realistically one will go 15-25, another 25-35, then the other much later and potentially rookie draft as its probable one drops away

I reckon realistically one will go 15-25, another 25-35, then the other much later and potentially rookie draft as its probable one drops away

Pretty much new matching rules in place though we can’t trade for junk

I say this with a couple of premises. I don't know how many list spots are up for grabs etc. This would most likely change a lot depending on how pre season goes.
In this scenario I have drafted the Whitlocks. I think their development can mirror Green's so in 2-3 years the club has a lot of options.
I don't think the structure of the AFL team will change (3 talls).

Papley Amartey Warner
Hayward McDonald Jordon
Gulden Mills McInerney
Blakey Melican Lloyd
Cunningham McCartin Rampe
Grundy Heeney Rowbottom
Roberts Florent Cleary McLean

Whitlock* Ladhams Parfitt**
Warner Buller Mitchell
Fox Adams Campbell
Francis Whitlock* Wicks
Kirk Hamling Snell
Green Sheldrick Hanily
Edwards Kennedy* Cochrane*

Key notes: Draft the Whitlocks twins, Kennedy and Cochrane. Nab Parfitt as a DFA.
I am putting Kirk and Wicks as defenders, the latter may be able to reinvent his career as he may have limited opportunities as a small forward.
Play the young kids and don't worry about losing, it's more about structure to mirror the AFL squad.

I say this with a couple of premises. I don't know how many list spots are up for grabs etc. This would most likely change a lot depending on how pre season goes.
In this scenario I have drafted the Whitlocks. I think their development can mirror Green's so in 2-3 years the club has a lot of options.

Papley Amartey Warner
Hayward McDonald Jordon
Gulden Mills McInerney
Blakey Melican Lloyd
Grundy Heeney Rowbottom

Warner Buller Mitchell
Fox Adams Campbell
Francis Whitlock* Wicks
Kirk Hamling Snell
Green Sheldrick Hanily

Key notes: Draft the Whitlocks twins, Kennedy and Cochrane. Nab Parfitt as a DFA.
I am putting Kirk and Wicks as defenders, the latter may be able to reinvent his career as he may have limited opportunities as a small forward.
Play the young kids and don't worry about losing, it's more about structure to mirror the AFL squad.
Parfitt would be a great get. He is easily AFL quality imo

We will see seen so many of these academy kids horribly overrated. Edwards was the year prior to his draft. Maybe you are right but calm the expectations
Difference now is there is ample vision available to make our own minds up, whereas in the past we were largely just going off names on a piece of paper.

Unless we hide him for a year, I can't see how a player as classy as Carmichael won't go in the top 20.

As for Max King. I think he is a legitimate top 5 contender. You don't see 17yos taking marks like the below at 53:54 very often in the seniors.

Pretty much new matching rules in place though we can’t trade for junk
Its not that drastic though:

Say the three got bid on at 15, 25, and 40. We would need 1536 points to match them all, thats the value of roughly pick 7 to match all 3. Our current selection for 2025 e.g. #17, #35, #53 would get us 1245 points. I think it would be pretty easy to split #17 for 2 picks in the 20s say 26 and 30 which would be turning 879 points into 1015. That would get us to 1381 which would pretty much cover matching bids at 15 and 25 already before converting 35 into picks in the 40s.

The killer for matching is bids in the top 10 imo

Parker should have been in the team all year, but he was never going to be the solution in the midfield.

He just grabs the ball and boots it as far as he can. We already had Rowbottom for that.
It’s by the by, but I was actually very impressed by Rowbottom’s decision making as the season went on.

He was one of the players that when he got his hands on the ball in space, I was confident good things were about to happen.

It was just unfortunate that other players went in the wrong direction.

Adam Tomlinson delisted by dee's. I'd throw him a lifeline for sure.

Yes because Warner likely leaves also leaving a big hole in our list as well as our cap.
Yes it will if it happens, which seems likely. Pretty sure the club and the players will do their best to persuade him to stay but in the end it's his call. I'm hoping we recruit someone who will, in time, fill that hole to a fair degree. Even a trade takes time.

Difference now is there is ample vision available to make our own minds up, whereas in the past we were largely just going off names on a piece of paper.

Unless we hide him for a year, I can't see how a player as classy as Carmichael won't go in the top 20.

As for Max King. I think he is a legitimate top 5 contender. You don't see 17yos taking marks like the below at 53:54 very often in the seniors.

Those are the two that go first round the other one won’t. Be a late second or so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Papley Amartey Warner
Hayward McDonald Jordon
Gulden Mills McInerney
Blakey Melican Lloyd
Grundy Heeney Rowbottom

Warner Buller Mitchell
Fox Adams Campbell
Francis Whitlock* Wicks
Kirk Hamling Snell
Green Sheldrick Hanily

Nice positive thinking. I'd do a few things differently but love the idea of mirroring seniors structure. Hopefully have 5 man bench too.

Needs to learn how to land!

Pretty sure he is going to the Pies given their list depth is past horrific for key position players

They hardly need his type already have Reef who can’t get a game

Club announce
Fair enough. Green to ruck more in VFL, with Ladhams. Buller and hopefully one of our 2 fwd/rucks in seniors to join them in pinch hitting.

If McAndrew had stayed we'd be a bit top heavy in VFL even with an injury guaranteed pretty much every week.

KPF - Draftee, Buller, Hamling, senior KPF
Ruck - Ladhams, Green, Buller, senior KPF, Edwards
KPD - Francis, Snell, Edwards, Cochran, Hamling

That's even if we don't draft an additional KPD, though perhaps a mature ager next year to replace Francis and focus on KPF, Med Fwd, Inside Mid, Small Def this year.

Thats now 6 list spots available the the potential for 4 main list spots and 2 rookies both being rookie As for the draft and post draft period

Seems bang on what we do. Whether it be 3 plus the Cochran match or just two that’s the query. I’d go the 3 and then see when the bid comes wouldn’t necessarily match personally but at the 50’s it’s a who cares match. Hopefully the bid is 4th round plus

Seems bang on what we do. Whether it be 3 plus the Cochran match or just two that’s the query. I’d go the 3 and then see when the bid comes wouldn’t necessarily match personally but at the 50’s it’s a who cares match. Hopefully the bid is 4th round plus
Given the rules about deficit and how it might mean that 58 is worthless to us i wouldn't mind trading up 44 and 58 to maybe get into the 30's but its tough to see how given most teams that are matching are packed in between 39-43 right before 44

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back