List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

The new rookie rule is now official from this year:

Clubs will be able to retain rookies for up to a maximum of 5 years, up from the current 3 years. This is to help give clubs more time to develop key position and taller talents as well as players from different backgrounds. Stipulations will mean the player cannot have played more than 10 games at the end of his fourth or fifth season to retain rookie status.

May give Stretch a lifeline for an extra year?
Certainly makes it possible.

What we need to do immediately & going forward is to not be held to ransom by a player/s who are being chased by other clubs.
We have continuously given an extra year/s & more money to keep them. This will always fail.
We now have the best tool to use in negotiations going forward with the current list.

Show the player & their agent the game last night against Power & how well their client played in that game.
The best starting point & negotiate from there.
Everyone is on the trade table at an AFL club.
From the club's point of view, trade the player before he runs out of contract.
So that is this trade period for a player like Warner.
5 years at 900K Chad. Thank you.

Can we all just draw a line in the sand on Francis? He is not up to standard, even as depth. I understand a few (including Horse) rates him above our other KPDs but he is off contract so please don't renew him. Hamling aside, Edwards, Snell and Arnold need opportunities to prove themselves and surely could not be worse than what Francis consistently is. Re. Hamling, yes he had played forward this year (largely because we've lacked a target in the VFL) but he's looked mobile, fit and in ripping shape, which is more than can be said for Francis.

Can we all just draw a line in the sand on Francis? He is not up to standard, even as depth. I understand a few (including Horse) rates him above our other KPDs but he is off contract so please don't renew him. Hamling aside, Edwards, Snell and Arnold need opportunities to prove themselves and surely could not be worse than what Francis consistently is. Re. Hamling, yes he had played forward this year (largely because we've lacked a target in the VFL) but he's looked mobile, fit and in ripping shape, which is more than can be said for Francis.
Yes, this, 100% agree

He was the next best defender in line. He deserved that chance.
Not up to standard? That's another story. We got him to the club as backup. Last night he was backup.
Not the reason we lost by 112 points.
Midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield........................problems, problems, problems.

He was the next best defender in line. He deserved that chance.
Not up to standard? That's another story. We got him to the club as backup. Last night he was backup.
Not the reason we lost by 112 points.
Midfield, midfield, midfield, midfield........................problems, problems, problems.
Yes midfield is the root of the problem. But seriously, Francis is no good. There is no more improvement left in him. Better to get games and experience into our younger guys, unless we think they're no good either..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throw the absolute kitchen sink at Buku Khamis and Jack Steele.

I'd go after Ben Miller from Richmond to stiffen up our backline, would slot in nice for us. Give them Florent and a late draft pick if we have too.

198cm and 96kgs

I'd also enquire about Noah Cumberland also. Is an upgrade on wicks

I'd go after Ben Miller from Richmond to stiffen up our backline, would slot in nice for us. Give them Florent and a late draft pick if we have too.

198cm and 96kgs

I'd also enquire about Noah Cumberland also. Is an upgrade on wicks
Florent not going anywhere just signed for 5 . Oops it is August

Ah August, how I love thee.

The month where every opposition reserve grader is an untapped talent, grossly undervalued by their club & would be an upgrade on our current list.

It’s the Kaiden Brand time of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back