• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s needing one and paying top 20 picks for one. Two different things. No issue taking one late in the draft. We need a genuine key tall with our first.

Hanily is another small to half forward by the way
So you want us to pick up another midfielder when we can't even get games into Sheldrick or Cleary because we have depth in that area but lets not grab a player in a spot that has no depth and there are ready now players but it would also help us with the Wicks/Campbell debate because Hayward would play the pressure forward role

So you want us to pick up another midfielder when we can't even get games into Sheldrick or Cleary because we have depth in that area but lets not grab a player in a spot that has no depth and there are ready now players but it would also help us with the Wicks/Campbell debate because Hayward would play the pressure forward role

I’d grab a midfielder if Sheldrick leaves yes otherwise pick trade one of them to next season. Take the key tall (either end) that’s the first and foremost thing not some half forward

I’d grab a midfielder if Sheldrick leaves yes otherwise pick trade one of them to next season. Take the key tall (either end) that’s the first and foremost thing not some half forward
Ah yes lets trade the pick out of the deepest draft in half a decade if not more to next year so that we can protect in case of the worst case scenario of all our academy boys being bad. That is just soo unbelievably dumb to do. What happens if they turn out to be duds in their u18 year and none of them are draftable that pick that we swapped out #19 for looses alot of value

Ah yes lets trade the pick out of the deepest draft in half a decade if not more to next year so that we can protect in case of the worst case scenario of all our academy boys being bad. That is just soo unbelievably dumb to do. What happens if they turn out to be duds in their u18 year and none of them are draftable that pick that we swapped out #19 for looses alot of value

My first choice would be taking the picks- just no half forwards we took one in the MsD that’s the one you keep forgetting about. My split would be a key tall (CHF/FF or key back) then see what offers are there for the second. That may be take the pick it may be trade it, it may be split it to the second round where we could get the best of both words

My first choice would be taking the picks- just no half forwards we took one in the MsD that’s the one you keep forgetting about. My split would be a key tall (CHF/FF or key back) then see what offers are there for the second. That may be take the pick it may be trade it, it may be split it to the second round where we could get the best of both words
Ah yes Tom Hanily who is 179cm will do well as a marking half forward even though he is the 5th shortest player in the side. You don't know what your talking about if you genuinely think he fits the Will Hayward marking half forward role. Hanily is a small forward its blatantly obvious to everyone on this forum aside from you.

Ah August, how I love thee.

The month where every opposition reserve grader is an untapped talent, grossly undervalued by their club & would be an upgrade on our current list.

It’s the Kaiden Brand time of the year.
We need to enquire about Mason Woods

I doubt we will trade for any player with the re-signings we did this season. I think will just go straight to the draft, unless Warner requests a trade this season.

Ah yes Tom Hanily who is 179cm will do well as a marking half forward even though he is the 5th shortest player in the side. You don't know what your talking about if you genuinely think he fits the Will Hayward marking half forward role. Hanily is a small forward its blatantly obvious to everyone on this forum aside from you.

Just take a midfielder a tall one that and you get your love affair for a half forward anyway. We have to be nuts taking a half forward with a top 20 pick luckily I don’t think we are and won’t take one there. We need a bull inside mid more and we definitely need key talls and that means keys not half forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just take a midfielder a tall one that and you get your love affair for a half forward anyway. We have to be nuts taking a half forward with a top 20 pick luckily I don’t think we are and won’t take one there. We need a bull inside mid more and we definitely need key talls and that means keys not half forwards.
We are getting Cochran and i expect us to grab a Whitlock brother with one of the two picks. Thats already 2 talls, and yet again i ask why do we want to draft another midfielder if we have Sheldrick and Cleary leaving, you constantly don't answer that.

On the bolded point you must think that North are nuts for drafting Zane Duursma, or Melbourne for drafting Koltyn Tholstrup, or GCS for drafting Bailey Humphries, St Kilda for drafting Phillipou. Drafting a certain position outside of said range is one of the dumbest statements, if they are good enough they will go high, the lower you draft the higher chance of failure and if you want to spend a low pick on an area of need then thats just not using common sense

We are getting Cochran and i expect us to grab a Whitlock brother with one of the two picks. Thats already 2 talls, and yet again i ask why do we want to draft another midfielder if we have Sheldrick and Cleary leaving, you constantly don't answer that.

On the bolded point you must think that North are nuts for drafting Zane Duursma, or Melbourne for drafting Koltyn Tholstrup, or GCS for drafting Bailey Humphries, St Kilda for drafting Phillipou. Drafting a certain position outside of said range is one of the dumbest statements, if they are good enough they will go high, the lower you draft the higher chance of failure and if you want to spend a low pick on an area of need then thats just not using common sense

Everyone you’ve listed will be midfielders so none of those will be half forwards long term. Duursma might but he’s projected to be a fwd/mid. Phillipou has been playing as a genuine mid since his recall, Bailey Humphrey will too and has on occasions already.

Relying on two academy talls, well I sure aren’t putting the eggs in that basket. I want another key at our first selection this year. Do whatever we want at the second just no half forwards that’s my only caveat. Talls sure, a mid sure even a lockdown (like a Darcy Wilmot type). There’s options for the second selection

We have tried so hard for so long to bring in a quality KPD, but with no luck.

Our three tall forwards are also not providing the strong marking options we need, at least not consistently.

So here’s an out there thought; go hard after a quality KPF and then switch Logan to the backline. Logan could be a very good CHB with the added bonuses of elite field kicking and the ability swing forward.

Maybe we will have better luck luring a KPF? History would suggest so at the very least…

We have tried so hard for so long to bring in a quality KPD, but with no luck.

Our three tall forwards are also not providing the strong marking options we need, at least not consistently.

So here’s an out there thought; go hard after a quality KPF and then switch Logan to the backline. Logan could be a very good CHB with the added bonuses of elite field kicking and the ability swing forward.

Maybe we will have better luck luring a KPF? History would suggest so at the very least…

Hard to see happening with the smoke and mirrors last year but here we go again.

Everyone you’ve listed will be midfielders so none of those will be half forwards long term. Duursma might but he’s projected to be a fwd/mid. Phillipou has been playing as a genuine mid since his recall, Bailey Humphrey will too and has on occasions already.

Relying on two academy talls, well I sure aren’t putting the eggs in that basket. I want another key at our first selection this year. Do whatever we want at the second just no half forwards that’s my only caveat. Talls sure, a mid sure even a lockdown (like a Darcy Wilmot type). There’s options for the second selection
Wilmot is a “lockdown type”?

I would love this to be true, but would be odd given what happened last year
Yeah it was a total shitshow, especially involving two clubs that have a fantastic trade relationship although it sounds like the main issue was between Barrass management and Swans. His sister has apparently left Sydney now so probably less reason for him to go there but he’d certainly be a good fit for your list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back