• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Wicks gets pushed out of small forward role, I reckon there is a chance he could have a career turnaround as. Small defender. He has the tenacity, he just needs to focus it a little more.

I am intrigued by the notion of a pest small defender who drives their small forward absolutely nuts - but they need discipline to do it.
đź’Ż. I have wondered the same about Wicks but your last phrase might be the stumbling block. Harry is incredibly cool, calm and collected and a fair number of those smalls are fiery beggars.
Discipline in sublimating one's own game to a singular goal. Very difficult.

He would be a good get. Pies play him as a key forward which he's not. He's in the mold of Membery where he plays tall but isn't your focal point.

If we got him I could see him fit in nicely. He's also been played in defence the last couple weeks and doing alright.
Honestly thought i would get more kick back at the rementioning of McInnes i think he can just play the 3rd tall forward role and provide more than Amartey but he is also flexible and has a contested game to him whereas Amartey is just take mark and a set shot type of player

Honestly thought i would get more kick back at the rementioning of McInnes i think he can just play the 3rd tall forward role and provide more than Amartey but he is also flexible and has a contested game to him whereas Amartey is just take mark and a set shot type of player
I don't agree that he offers more of a contested game than Amartey.

Even factoring in McIness' lower TOG, Amartey pretty much matches him for contested possessions, takes more contested marks, tackles more. He also (obviously) scores more goals and is comfortably involved in more scores.

I wouldn't mind him as a cheap pick-up but IMHO he would be depth at best. Collingwood have been screaming out for a player like him with Mihocek out and he can't get a game.

I don't agree that he offers more of a contested game than Amartey.

Even factoring in McIness' lower TOG, Amartey pretty much matches him for contested possessions, takes more contested marks, tackles more. He also (obviously) scores more goals and is comfortably involved in more scores.

I wouldn't mind him as a cheap pick-up but IMHO he would be depth at best. Collingwood have been screaming out for a player like him with Mihocek out and he can't get a game.
Reef McInnes in non sub games averages the same goals per game as Amartey so i guess it isn't so obvious after all. Tackles in full games is actually roughly the same. The stats are just massively skewed per game because McInnes has 4/9 games where he has either started in the vest or not completed the game compared to 2/20 for Amartey.

Last edited:
Reef McInnes in non sub games averages the same goals per game as Amartey so i guess it isn't so obvious after all. Tackles in full games is actually roughly the same. The stats are just massively skewed per game because McInnes has 4/9 games where he has either started in the vest or not completed the game compared to 2/20 for Amartey.
Even if you completely dismiss his performances as sub (to his credit, terrible role for him), I just don't see any way that he's an upgrade on Amartey.

He doesn't offer more around the ground and he's an inferior marking presence.

I think he's solid depth, but I'm just not sure how he improves our side. There's definitely scope for development, but Amartey has improved every year for the last 3 years too IMO.

Until we get the last couple of re-signings, and an indication of who's leaving at the end of the year, it's hard to gauge which type of players we're going to be targeting - with the exception of key defender (because Kinnear already told us that bit!)

Until we get the last couple of re-signings, and an indication of who's leaving at the end of the year, it's hard to gauge which type of players we're going to be targeting - with the exception of key defender (because Kinnear already told us that bit!)
Even that to a certain extent is hard to gauge because is he going to rip some or all of the KPD older depth or just one and swap it with Cochran.

Take it to the bank a younger brother of a player has been put awat=y from all footy for the season and we will add him
Can you give us a hint bedders?

ie. Whenever I listen to BT pronounce this last name I get annnnoooooyyyyyeeeddd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashton would be cool then.

I'd draft him to just come play in the reserves.

It's seem like we did that with Konstanty and Vickery anyway. (that's a joke bedders).
I would have drafted Ashton in the rookies if he wasn't like 200th best player in the draft. Sucks that really once they miss selection for State in national champs they are basically cooked for their natural draft year

spinning the wheel GIF by Wheel of Fortune

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back