• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I get this is a hypothetical thread but can some suggestions at least make some sense? we just signed Logan to a 2yr deal, Amartey a 3yr deal and Mclean 4yrs.

We arent shipping either of them
You answered your own question

I get this is a hypothetical thread but can some suggestions at least make some sense? we just signed Logan to a 2yr deal, Amartey a 3yr deal and Mclean 4yrs.

We arent shipping either of them
Logan signed a 4 year deal (2028)
McLean has 3 to go (2027), Amartey 2 (2026).

I see it differently.

Logan’s deficiency is his strength and pack marking.

His positives are his athleticism and tank (plus footy smarts and a decent kick).

He’s suited to getting around the ground.

Not really what you’re after in a KPD.

Which is weird as he was clunking everything as an 18yo in WAFL seniors

I understand the hurt and frustration we are feeling after yesterday. By virtue of the fact we are on here posting, we are all massively invested in our team. They let us down with a piss poor performance yesterday, comprehensively beaten across the park.

But the reality is the bulk, if not all of the players being mentioned as trade bait are going nowhere. They either have no currency or no viable replacement. They are also the same team that got us to 2 GFs in 3 years so clearly are not devoid of talent. I say look at the coaching, tactics, preparation and team selection.

I could be wrong, but my memory of that was largely him outsmarting defenders at that level rather than taking genuine contested pack marks.

Could be wrong.

Actually he wasn’t. He mainly took marks on long leads, not pack marks.

He was a class above in the colts. But some of his key battles that really had recruiters pay attention were with DGB, who hasn’t exactly set the world on fire.

But Logan is still 21, on an upward trajectory & I don’t class him among our primary problems moving forward. He has plenty of positive attributes.

I think Logan the defender is a possibility

I'm sort of wondering if he'd be a lock down and free up T Mc to intercept or whether he can intercept

We never really replaced Paddy
Paddy played no better in the 2022 GF
Than yesterday’s lot.
Same failing structures which indicates a game plan issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy was good yesterday
Grundy beat the second stringer.

But the vital wins were foot beating Grundy straight after their first goal which foot took out of the ruck and kicked forward for their second and Daniher doing the same after their sixth leading to their seventh.

On both occasions ball taken out or ruck against Grundy and kicked forward for a goal.

Man I think Daniher did that to Grundy in the first and he missed the shot.

Grundy might have done better than his opponent but in the key moments or the moments that mattered he was beaten.

And Jordan sweet destroyed him

I like Grundy but he’s not going to ever be good for a whole season as a ruckman and I’m assuming we’ve ruled the line through ladhams.

Grundy beat the second stringer.

But the vital wins were foot beating Grundy straight after their first goal which foot took out of the ruck and kicked forward for their second and Daniher doing the same after their sixth leading to their seventh.

On both occasions ball taken out or ruck against Grundy and kicked forward for a goal.

Man I think Daniher did that to Grundy in the first and he missed the shot.

Grundy might have done better than his opponent but in the key moments or the moments that mattered he was beaten.

And Jordan sweet destroyed him

I like Grundy but he’s not going to ever be good for a whole season as a ruckman and I’m assuming we’ve ruled the line through ladhams.
Do you mean fort? You keep talking about foot and I have no idea who you mean.

I’m not super techno literate but these two kicks straight out of the middle led to goals . The first put paid to the start, the second compounding the collapse which was occurring.

Not sure why there seems to be so much focus on Grundy.
He had 18 contested possessions, only Neale had as many (also18). Next best for us was Rowbottom with 12.
7 clearances only Rowbottom (10) had more for us.
6 score involvements (2nd best for Sydney).
36 HOs to the Lions total of 20.

Did get beaten a couple of times that lead directly to Brisbane goals (once after a clear block), and whilst not a dominant performance I thought he was one of the few that got a tick for his contribution.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back