• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 17 27.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ideally I want him to stay, he would likely continue to be a great player for us over many years.

However, if he does really want to go home and if there’s little chance of changing his mind then trade him now and get maximum value for him.

It’s not a question of whether he’s a great player or not, or whether he’ll be hard to replace, it’s about getting the most we can for him.

Also, as others have noted, if he only wants to hang around because he wants one last shot at a premiership then tough luck. That only happens if it suits the club first and foremost. Show some loyalty or leave on terms best for the club.

Last edited:

SDK is exactly what we need. I would happily hand over our best 1st rounder and change for SDK

If we get 3 from WCE I’d hand that over (cats won’t trade him)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver wouldn't cost too much to get. Demons would put up a brave face, but they would be thrilled to get off his money. If they chip in a decent amount then you can start talking about a better pick and no it wouldn't be a first rounder.

There has been varying reports on what he has left, I've seen from 6/$5.5m to 6/$6.5m.

BUT having said all that you would need to be signing up to babysit him on and off the field. Off the field because he might just do similar off field activities as he was doing with the Dees. I don't see him curbing that behaviour just yet.
Then on the field if he isn't getting the centre of attention treatment he gets upset.

TBH the Swans might be the only club that could set him straight, but it would be a monumental task, and only then would he be a factor on field, albeit a seriously huge one if he gets his life in order and concentrates on fitness.
I’m open minded about Clarry.

I’m not sure Sydney is especially good at turning around troubled players. I think we excel at picking players with favourable upbringings and mindsets and keeping then to very high standards - but let’s just say there is not a heap of diversity among the playing group.

Which is not to say I think we are especially bad are supporting troubled players either. If we go after Clarry I back the club in.

Last edited:
Out: Florent, Warner, McLean
In: SDK, TDK, Oliver, Kennedy

Or is this just moving deckchairs?

Why the blue moon are we trading Florent? Signed a long term deal this year

If Warner wants out, keep him for another year and bring someone in now. Our midfield with a star to bolster would really pick it up. But we'd have to throw it at someone like Smith or Oliver
Why would Chad be trying to convince the Swans recruiting staff to draft his brother Ashton if he was heading home? Just saying.

Why the blue moon are we trading Florent? Signed a long term deal this year
Has currency, fluctuating form and we have wingers/half backs.

Gulden
Jmac
Blakey
Campbell
Lloyd (gives us time to draft someone)

Even Cleary showed some pace / gut running and smart decision making.

Mills was used wing/mid before being put down back due to fitness/form, he'll resume either of those next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back