• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 18 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes you just have to take the punt . It’s reported Tmac is on 8-900k so not much difference and he was shit this year.

Think of it as paying 300k a year to turn Parker in Oliver
That is a club destroying contract. No part of me wants any part of it. MAYBE if they are paying half of it? Even then...naw.

Doing some late night research on potential draftees and since there's not really an inside mid around our first 2 picks at least, maybe there's some later...but anyway, there's a couple of (still) young guys at West Adelaide that both made SANFL Team of the Year. We might have to abandon our alleged interest in a Hawks KPD though.

Sam Frost – 184cm / 88kg mid, 22 yo, ave 7.4 tackles, 6.8 clearances, former Giants Academy player, from ACT, was named Allies captain in 2021, but U18 champs cancelled due to Covid, previously a defender, now mid

Kobe Ryan – 183cm / 77kg mid, 20 yo, ave 9 tackles, 6.6 clearances, was even more slightly built in his draft year (Frost is still the bigger unit), but went through each grade to play 4 seniors games and has obviously carried on with it. Couple of posters on the Mature Agers thread (Main Draft Board), including a West fan talking him up.

Not sure how up to date weights are, could be a year out of date.

Last edited:
Re: Chad. If he doesn't want to sign a long term extension then just let him go to WA. Give him a nudge if need be and let him know both parties just need to move on in their desired direction. Extract max value.

It's interesting what Paul Roos mentioned. The Swans might need to trade star players and make hard decisions, the ones deemed not up to it in big games.
I wonder who he is speaking of here?
Swans Star Players: Heeney, Gulden, Warner, Blakey, Papley.
Is there any others you would put in as stars?

Re: Chad. If he doesn't want to sign a long term extension then just let him go to WA. Give him a nudge if need be and let him know both parties just need to move on in their desired direction. Extract max value.

It's interesting what Paul Roos mentioned. The Swans might need to trade star players and make hard decisions, the ones deemed not up to it in big games.
I wonder who he is speaking of here?
Swans Star Players: Heeney, Gulden, Warner, Blakey, Papley.
Is there any others you would put in as stars?

Yes but Roos wouldn't suggest getting rid of his good mate Longmire, instead putting it all on the players

Don’t know anything about tactical moves, but to me one glaring weekness is Tom McCartin, I think we definitely need a huge strong CHB, every time Tom goes near the ball, I have no confidence, I also worry if he does put himself in that hard contest, there is another concussion around the corner, I’m sure the players would be aware of it also, can’t believe we missed out on Tom Barass, we just seem to need more strength in our backline, whether that is trying McClean there

Also what's wih everyone crapping on Tom McCartin lately?
Guy has been fantastic for a few years, has a couple of ordinary (not bad mind you) games and lots of BF posters suddenly decide he can't play...Do people just need someone to shit on now that Melican is back to his best?

Also what's wih everyone crapping on Tom McCartin lately?
Guy has been fantastic for a few years, has a couple of ordinary (not bad mind you) games and lots of BF posters suddenly decide he can't play...Do people just need someone to shit on now that Melican is back to his best?

He's been crap all season, when did he have his fantastic games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to give them a first back at all. Maybe our 2nd.

If a late first was what they wanted not a big deal they are late firsts (20+ with the academy/nga/FS).

If a late first was what they wanted not a big deal they are late firsts (20+ with the academy/nga/FS).
Nuh. They can have our second, tops. Not even the Norf pick. They get pick 40 or whatever it is.
This is guy who is line to sign the biggest contract in footy history and he's not worth two good firsts? Come on.

"Crap all season." LOL come on. Disagree.

Hand him the football and his decision making is attrocious, regularly gets caught HTB, and is now getting outbodied in marking contests. Early in the season he missed a chunk of games with a concussion and it coincided with us comfortably dealing with Carlton's two key forwards without him. He wasn't missed.

Nuh. They can have our second, tops. Not even the Norf pick. They get pick 40 or whatever it is.
This is guy who is line to sign the biggest contract in footy history and he's not worth two good firsts? Come on.

Never said two firsts just one with something back our way. On basic terms let’s assume we trade Chad to WCE we’d have 3, 13 (hawks first), and one of our current late firsts. Give one to Melb for Oliver. That’s not a horrible haul. Get the best KPD in the draft at 3 or Finn O Sullivan or something, some on here love Harvey Langford too. Best key at 13, best available at the third.

I thought he was fantastic early in the season. Maybe the memory is going though.
I remember him running down a small forward on the wing.
I recall him desperately getting hands to a ground ball in front of goal pushing it wide and saving a goal.

I see him regularly taking on the opponents best big forward, in our team that rarely wins first use of the footy and relies on rebound to score and did so freely, but our KPD is crap? It's laughable. He starts in every team in the comp.
Even when he's beaten in the air, it's not often because he's not RIGHT there with an attempted fist or spoil. If opponents can deliver a good pass into a big forward it is very hard to stop one on one. But he's one of the better defenders going round. At times he'll get beat - it happens and people need to accept that's life as a KPD.

Sure I wouldn't say no to a bigger forward and make him a marking interceptor. But nobody is giving us that guy and ITMT he's going a good job.

Hand him the football and his decision making is attrocious, regularly gets caught HTB, and is now getting outbodied in marking contests. Early in the season he missed a chunk of games with a concussion and it coincided with us comfortably dealing with Carlton's two key forwards without him. He wasn't missed.

Actually mostly agree with your thoughts on McCartin this year inconsistent (at best) poor mostly. Was awful the last month

I remember him running down a small forward on the wing.
I recall him desperately getting hands to a ground ball in front of goal pushing it wide and saving a goal.

I see him regularly taking on the opponents best big forward, in our team that rarely wins first use of the footy and relies on rebound to score and did so freely, but our KPD is crap? It's laughable. He starts in every team in the comp.
Even when he's beaten in the air, it's not often because he's not RIGHT there with an attempted fist or spoil. If opponents can deliver a good pass into a big forward it is very hard to stop one on one. But he's one of the better defenders going round. At times he'll get beat - it happens and people need to accept that's life as a KPD.

Sure I wouldn't say no to a bigger forward and make him a marking interceptor. But nobody is giving us that guy and ITMT he's going a good job.
Having said that, one of his best attributes in the 2nd half of the season was the ability to take out himself and Melican in the contest...

He's been crap all season, when did he have his fantastic games?
I think he's had some great moments, and shocking ones, often in the same game.

Our turnover and rebound game has for the most part, been up there with the best. The talls play a part in this.

Now, there's many games where opponents get a run on, usually early, and a few where that just continues e.g. Port, Lions. It's a credit to our defence that we've kept some scorelines manageable in order to come back.

I don't think singling out or blaming the defence for looking flustered and making mistakes, is the main problem tbh. They suffer from what the 14-16 players up the field are doing or not doing.

That said, Rampe is nearly done, so yeah, we need a new KPD into the 22 soon.

Edwards is the bigger type we have, but probably not ready. So we either make do, or maybe bring in another bigger mature ager to cover the size deficiency we have sometimes.

Never said two firsts just one with something back our way. On basic terms let’s assume we trade Chad to WCE we’d have 3, 13 (hawks first), and one of our current late firsts. Give one to Melb for Oliver. That’s not a horrible haul. Get the best KPD in the draft at 3 or Finn O Sullivan or something, some on here love Harvey Langford too. Best key at 13, best available at the third.
I literally would not take Oliver on a free given the contract, his reported ahem "off field issues" and that he looks pretty well over football as a thing. Ridiculous. Just be satisfied he is going to continue to ruin Melbourne, or perhaps Geelong's salary cap.

Can't use pick 3 in this draft on a KPD, best available there - For sure the 13 and our first pick I'd be going there though.
I really like the sound of Alix Tauru as a Rampe replacement.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back