• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 20 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No point. Green surely first rucks in the VFL.
I just think they will. He is at that age where talls come good. I also think that the Swans like having Academy players in the squad. It promotes the Academy and provides hope to thousans of kids in the Academy and those that want to join the Academy. This is huge. Keeping Kirk and McAndrew and Edwards on the list as long as possible provides encouragement to kids in the Academy.
This cannot be understated for the growth of the game in NSW. Providing hope for young athletes wanting to play AFL.

Just wondering what people’s thoughts on bringing Gary Rohan back to help up forward?
We need another goal kicking pressure forward, who can take a grab. Although he possibly isn’t keen on coming back to Sydney.

Just wondering what people’s thoughts on bringing Gary Rohan back to help up forward?
We need another goal kicking pressure forward, who can take a grab. Although he possibly isn’t keen on coming back to Sydney.

No just no.

I just think they will. He is at that age where talls come good. I also think that the Swans like having Academy players in the squad. It promotes the Academy and provides hope to thousans of kids in the Academy and those that want to join the Academy. This is huge. Keeping Kirk and McAndrew and Edwards on the list as long as possible provides encouragement to kids in the Academy.
This cannot be understated for the growth of the game in NSW. Providing hope for young athletes wanting to play AFL.

This is one thing I get but I hate the idea of keeping blokes just because you get 5-6 dead set list cloggers at best. Both Kirk and Andrew can go though Kirk has a deal next year so he gets a year to show why he shouldn’t.

What's our mid sized fwd & small defender depth? Atm it's Hayward & Cunningham. Can we target these areas in the draft or trade? I think Florent could be a potential mid sized fwd but unknown quantity atm, Fox could play a small defenders role...
This will be an unpopular opinion, but unless they are a special kind of talent mid forward or small defenders are the players who are just not good enough to play another position but don't deserve to be in reserves. I'd rather not recruit for it, except recruit for midfield and force someone into that spot

The latter is a key for mine, or he will be at least for mine. Travaglia was literally 7 on my wish list and for the record have him way higher than Hynes. I'd take all the other 6 over him though
Trainor also played forward. Travaglia half back and midfield.

So you don't mind hybrid types after all.

This is one thing I get but I hate the idea of keeping blokes just because you get 5-6 dead set list cloggers at best. Both Kirk and Andrew can go though Kirk has a deal next year so he gets a year to show why he shouldn’t.
1. You can have a ruthless list management like you propose.
2. You can have a list management that is promoting and encouraging and demonstrating the path to the AFL for young kids.
The Swans have a responsibility to develop the AFL that is not incumbent on Victorian clubs. You used to support Essendon so you may not appreciate this nuance. It is very important in the psyche of kids in Sydney and NSW in the catchment area of the Swans.

Trainor also played forward. Travaglia half back and midfield.

So you don't mind hybrid types after all.

I have Travgalia literally 7th on my realistic want list take note that all the ones above are not hybrids I don’t like them at premium selections. Trainor will be a key but is irrelevant unless we get WCE’s pick 3 he’s going high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. You can have a ruthless list management like you propose.
2. You can have a list management that is promoting and encouraging and demonstrating the path to the AFL for young kids.
The Swans have a responsibility to develop the AFL that is not incumbent on Victorian clubs. You used to support Essendon so you may not appreciate this nuance. It is very important in the psyche of kids in Sydney and NSW in the catchment area of the Swans.

You don’t win flags in the current age unless you are ruthless. You keep list cloggers what is the point they aren’t helping anyone. All for the academy and getting into the nsw market but they have to be good. Mills and Heeney were.

Supposedly clubs asking about other Richmond players. I would calling Taranto's manager to see if any interest.

Cost way too much and they’d want us to take on the contract. We are already trying to find cash for Chad

What's our mid sized fwd & small defender depth? Atm it's Hayward & Cunningham. Can we target these areas in the draft or trade? I think Florent could be a potential mid sized fwd but unknown quantity atm, Fox could play a small defenders role...
Cooper Hynes or Hamish Davis with one of our firsts.

Unless Harry Oliver could be converted to a small defender, maybe a late pick or rookie for potential small def.

Fox sure, I'd be playing him down back in the 22 next year, instead of Mills who goes to mids, but he's over 30, so you wouldn't have him in any "don't need to draft one" discussions, so it's an area we need to look at.

I have Travgalia literally 7th on my realistic want list take note that all the ones above are not hybrids I don’t like them at premium selections. Trainor will be a key but is irrelevant unless we get WCE’s pick 3 he’s going high
So if we had a higher pick, you'd take a hybrid.

But with a lesser pick, you wouldn't, because they are too risky.

Got it.

You don’t win flags in the current age unless you are ruthless. You keep list cloggers what is the point they aren’t helping anyone. All for the academy and getting into the nsw market but they have to be good. Mills and Heeney were.
You don't get Heeneys and Mills unless the pathway is clear. If you don't create a pathway they don't exist. Heeney has said that. Mills has said that. If the pathways were not there they would not be playing AFL.
You are so fixated on maximizing value out of trades like your old mate Dodoro that you don't see the big picture.
Like that classic baseball movie. If you build it they will come.
You are not a visionary by any means.

I would be for it. Was pretty important to the Cats '22 flag run.

At the very least, we need KPF depth and competition for spots. McDonald, McLean and Amartey play like they know they aren't being dropped and it's a problem.

Only reason I'd bring him back is for a tackling/marking bag.

You don't get Heeneys and Mills unless the pathway is clear. If you don't create a pathway they don't exist. Heeney has said that. Mills has said that. If the pathways were not there they would not be playing AFL.
You are so fixated on maximizing value out of trades like your old mate Dodoro that you don't see the big picture.
Like that classic baseball movie. If you build it they will come.
You are not a visionary by any means.
I saw McAndrew walking back from the MCG post GF and he is an absolute string bean. With the changes in the ruck rules, he would get rag dolled everyday of the week by an AFL brute like Sweet, Meek, Briggs etc. Plus he can't kick. I really doubt there is any chance of him becoming AFL standard whereas Green has a chance. We can't have Green held back having to share ruck duties with Ladhams and McAndrew. It also reduces the opportunities for Buller or a future forward / ruck to gain match experience.

I fully understand your point but I think the writing is on the wall for McAndrew. De-listing him is a much clearer choice than when we cut other academy graduates such as Sheather, Bell Foote and Hiscox (even though he was very fast......).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back