• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 20 29.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

None of our blokes up forward could catch him and he'd out mark all of them as well! Tells you something I reckon...
They all average twice as many contested marks as Rohan. Even in the 8 games he wasn't sub, he had 4 contested marks.

Yeah, he's quicker than KPFs, wow. So is the majority of the team.

I saw McAndrew walking back from the MCG post GF and he is an absolute string bean. With the changes in the ruck rules, he would get rag dolled everyday of the week by an AFL brute like Sweet, Meek, Briggs etc. Plus he can't kick. I really doubt there is any chance of him becoming AFL standard whereas Green has a chance. We can't have Green held back having to share ruck duties with Ladhams and McAndrew. It also reduces the opportunities for Buller or a future forward / ruck to gain match experience.

I fully understand your point but I think the writing is on the wall for McAndrew. De-listing him is a much clearer choice than when we cut other academy graduates such as Sheather, Bell Foote and Hiscox (even though he was very fast......).
We will see. I get your point though.

So if we had a higher pick, you'd take a hybrid.

But with a lesser pick, you wouldn't, because they are too risky.

Got it.

I want certainty with these selections not hybrids with no position that simple. No Hynes please jeez

None of our blokes up forward could catch him and he'd out mark all of them as well! Tells you something I reckon...

He’d be as useless as the rest in a big game waste of time was never even that good to begin with was a shocker of a pick

Ok, but just to be clear, you would take some hybrids at our current selections that you like, but not others because they are hybrids.

Only one I’ve named is a hybrid ONE. He was 7th on my list too hardly one I really want.

They all average twice as many contested marks as Rohan. Even in the 8 games he wasn't sub, he had 4 contested marks.

Yeah, he's quicker than KPFs, wow. So is the majority of the team.
Our lack of pace and pressure in the forward line killed us.

We had some stump for Wicks all year based on doing those 2 things without the marking and goal kicking of Rohan.

He would absolutely liven up our forward line and if he doesn't, he plays VFL as better depth than we have currently and at least keeps the other talls honest.

Not sure the downside.

Matchwinner in their Pies final. There's a reason Cats fans are sad to see him go.

They are jumping from the fence at not having his contract…yeah great one big game remind me what he did in the grand final again?

No thanks and it brings back horrific memories who we overlooked for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hate these hybrids thats just another name for 'no position but talented'. For every good one there are 9 that never find their position. Give us two talls, OR one tall a small lockdown defender or a small forward. Feel we take a key forward at one, genuine one, if Shanahan or Whitlock are there we shock consider. No woder we are trying to get up for Armstrong but can't see there being any takers.
Like a utility being called the yank wank term of swingman

Not sure the downside.

Wasting our cap for one when we have Warner to resign for one. Oh and the fact he was never consistent at all.

Cleary, Campbell and Hanily are there. Play 2/3. Done

Trainor went forward at times this year.

It's just strange you don't rule out some for the reason you rule out others without explaining.

He has elite qualities there is a difference. Plus we aren’t even in his range so what’s the point. Literally named 2 forwards, 2 defenders, a medium defender, a wing, and Trav. Much prefer all of the genuine position keys. If we go elsewhere go for someone with a set position.

There is a dangerous H&A season drinking game where you have to have a shot every time the commentator says "almost marked by Rohan"... it's a liver-killer.
Imagine the drinking game for BT commentating a set shot
Looks good off the boot... Hits the post

Our lack of pace and pressure in the forward line killed us.

We had some stump for Wicks all year based on doing those 2 things without the marking and goal kicking of Rohan.

He would absolutely liven up our forward line and if he doesn't, he plays VFL as better depth than we have currently and at least keeps the other talls honest.

Not sure the downside.

The downside is having Rohan on our list.

Averaged 1.2 tackles a game, 0.3 tackles in F50.

Amartey averaged 2 tackles, 1 inside F50.

McLean averaged 2.3 tackles, 0.7 inside F50.

Hayward bests him too in marks, contested marks, tackles, tackles inside 50.

Campbell even tackled more inside 50 and he isn't even played as a forward most of the time.

Last edited:
lol , leave for 4 hours and 5 pages to catch up on
It's really hard to filter through the rubbish. I keep popping in every now and then and it is mostly the same few messages being repeated as nauseum. I think this summarises it:

1. We need to get a second rounder for Parker or we are terrible traders.
2. Our list is terrible
3. Whoever we draft in will probably be terrible and won't be able to perform in a GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back