• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So help me understand in a supposed super draft the Eagles have given up their future for two 28yr olds??

See this is why clubs dig their feet and drag it out.

Eagles have completely shitted themselves and folded

We just didn’t have the original selections to do it. I wish we did but needed two picks where Carlton have, WCE want the WA kid and he’ll be there at 12 basically means Baker is a freebie

Their pipeline for absolute top liners from the Academy over that next two to three years is insane.

They know exactly what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Luckily if they make the 8 they can’t get all of them lol

Oh scratch that this side is never making the 8

Giving up a top 3 pick for 12 and Baker is insane. If they were contending and Baker filled their last need I could understand. But they aren't.

It’s not a horrid deal of the obvious guy is going to be there at 12, ever man and his dog knows they want the WA kid. So if it is, they get him (valued in the top 5 by WCE) who they were happy to take at 3. They they get Baker for a free pick basically. I get it just I feel they could get more for it why not trade it to the Saints and offer a future 2 for Baker

I posted after KB interviewed a kid from my club and he said we will have 3 picks , we are generally happy what we have .
You never know what might happen , but i think we will just use the 3.
A few need to calm down as we wasted to many $s on long contracts like Hayward

Unfortunately agree though if we get 44 I want to use it or trade for Stringer. Rather take a punt Cochran lasts till the rookie draft

He isn't. Gold Coast are just completely incompetent.
i think West Coast trading away pick 3 when they could have picked up Baker for nothing takes the lead.

i think West Coast trading away pick 3 when they could have picked up Baker for nothing takes the lead.

Not sure how he's worth 14 in the first place

You've been going well until you mentioned Stringer

Normally I agree, but we are contending and as bad as he can be in some areas he kicked 42 goals did any of our forwards go near that? It won't happen so I won't get my wish, but I still feel personally I would do it.

Unfortunately agree though if we get 44 I want to use it or trade for Stringer. Rather take a punt Cochran lasts till the rookie draft
I think we'll get a bid on Cochran. There's a bit too much noise about him, did well at the combine, someone will make us use a senior spot for him.

Probably not until 40s though, so after that pick if we get it for Parker (assuming it comes in to the late 30s or around 40).

Not quite as many KPDs in the draft as KPFs it seems. After the top 20 with Trainor there's Mraz, O'Farrell, Barrat, maybe M Whitlock is picked as a potential KPD, but if they all go and someone is looking for an intercept type they might see Cochran as the next best and just have a crack.

I think we'll get a bid on Cochran. There's a bit too much noise about him, did well at the combine, someone will make us use a senior spot for him.

Probably not until 40s though, so after that pick if we get it for Parker (assuming it comes in to the late 30s or around 40).

Not quite as many KPDs in the draft as KPFs it seems. After the top 20 with Trainor there's Mraz, O'Farrell, Barrat, maybe M Whitlock is picked as a potential KPD, but if they all go and someone is looking for an intercept type they might see Cochran as the next best and just have a crack.

There's more utility keys this year, both end players in other words. Not many sides lack true keys anyway I know people will say North but they took a couple recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, it's time to pack it all up now. Cornes has just declared Carlton as the winner of the trade period so I guess we can all get back to our jobs while Carlton lifts the Dodoro Cup.

Poor essendon first trade period they have lost!

What an absolutely brain dead trade from WCE.

I get it to a degree, but only if they luck out and the bloke is there at 12. Utter madness that Baker gets a better pick than we got from Dawson lol, you can only laugh

I posted after KB interviewed a kid from my club and he said we will have 3 picks , we are generally happy what we have .
You never know what might happen , but i think we will just use the 3.
A few need to calm down as we wasted to many $s on long contracts like Hayward
We really needed to let one of McDonald or Hayward go. We just get sucked in now.
Roos would have just moved Hayward on for sure.

Just look at the combined stats from two GFs from certain players & one can see who doesn't cut it in the big games.
Bye bye.............see ya!

I get it to a degree, but only if they luck out and the bloke is there at 12. Utter madness that Baker gets a better pick than we got from Dawson lol, you can only laugh

Boils down to Owies, Baker and 12 for pick 3.

Let's be fair, it is a pile of garbage for pick 3.

Boils down to Owies, Baker and 12 for pick 3.

Let's be fair, it is a pile of garbage for pick 3.

It is but lets be real there's a couple of really good WA kids and they want one. They should be all there at 12, Saints won't touch them and neither will the Dees.

So if he's there they take the WA kid and get Baker for free. It's still heinous overs for Baker. I have no idea why they don't do the trade with Carlton but keep 12, 14, trade a f2 for Baker that's plenty!

It is but lets be real there's a couple of really good WA kids and they want one. They should be all there at 12, Saints won't touch them and neither will the Dees.

So if he's there they take the WA kid and get Baker for free. It's still heinous overs for Baker. I have no idea why they don't do the trade with Carlton but keep 12, 14, trade a f2 for Baker that's plenty!

Bo Allan won't be there.

Freo will snag him.

Bo Allan won't be there.

Freo will snag him.

That's the one WCE want, weird one to predict. Freo are impossible to pick, do feel they push a pick to 2025 anyway. It could all blow up if Allen isn't there. Apparently WCE wanted the Saints two picks and they would have flipped the second one for two late firsts (a few options like us), traded the first one for Baker, taken the second. Saints weren't interested, so they went the secondary option with Carlton

That's the one WCE want, weird one to predict. Freo are impossible to pick, do feel they push a pick to 2025 anyway. It could all blow up if Allen isn't there. Apparently WCE wanted the Saints two picks and they would have flipped the second one for two late firsts (a few options like us), traded the first one for Baker, taken the second. Saints weren't interested, so they went the secondary option with Carlton

Heard Clarke and Mcqualter are the trade team.

Should be investigated for being double agents.

On face value, it has been an absolute blunder by WCE

If Bo Allan isn't there at 12 that could be the worst trade in history for WCE. Especially because it could be one of the reasons that Harley heads back to Victoria in a couple of years

Heard Clarke and Mcqualter are the trade team.

Should be investigated for being double agents.

On face value, it has been an absolute blunder by WCE

It’s one we probably can’t judge to draft night but every time a club splits high picks it ends poorly lol

It’s one we probably can’t judge to draft night but every time a club splits high picks it ends poorly lol
Only time it works is with the Academy. GCS spanked WBD for their trade up to get Sanders last year. But most of the non academy trade splits don't work. This is the only trade i found that the team won trading down in the last 6 years (And wasn't even a positive for STK as they on traded them to Port for Ryder + Howard + Hill {in another trade that year})

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 11.28.51 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 11.28.51 AM.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 2

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back