• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather get anyone but Hynes just not a fan not that high would not trade up for sure. He gets to our nominal first sure
Any particular reason? The only reason you've given is him having multiple roles, but that's exactly the same for others you have touted.

My logic:

1. Every year, the board lights up because our first-round pick is a "reach". And recent history shows our reaches generally don't work out. A few months back, Trainor was widely regarded as a top 5 (or at least top 10) pick. ESPN was even talking about him as a potential no.1. He's slid a bit in most phantom drafts - but its not because the size, speed or talent has gone.

2. He fills our most pressing need & area of risk - tall defender. Rampe is nearly out the door, McCartin is potentially one head-knock away from the end. Melican has dodgy hammies. Snell may or may not emerge. I don't have the same faith in Edwards as some others on here.

3. The chance of him being a bust is minimal, as he has all the physical attributes, coupled with footy nous.

If we were trying to get up to Pick 13, it just makes sense that Trainor might be the target.
I liked his write-up, seemed just what we needed, went to look at some tape. Quite underwhelming TBH.
I'd def take Tauru or even the small defender Travaglia over him.

Any particular reason? The only reason you've given is him having multiple roles, but that's exactly the same for others you have touted.

He's the worst of that type. That simple don’t want and especially if it’s trading up to do it. Hopefully another club takes him off the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing's happening, so here's a question for folks.

If you could clone three current Swans players so there was two of them in the side, who would you choose?
Tom Papley, Chad Warner and Isaac Heeney.

Papley so that we don't have to worry about Campbell being a forward or Wicks.

Chad Warner to take out Amartey from the side as Chad 2 would just play half forward. Also by cloning Chad does it give us a better chance that atleast one signs an extension?

Isaac Heeney because he is the alround midfielder

I think the club has more faith in our (tall) forwards than this board.
They played a combined 74/75 games together this year and all 3 are contracted through 2026. The club clearly isn’t changing it anytime soon. I personally think it can still all click for this trio, we just need McDonald to finally break out so Amartey doesn’t get forced onto the best defender. Oh and a bounce back year from Dossa too obvs

Ok, so no specified reason.

That said, if we pick up Hamish Davis instead, that's ok too.

I have never said I wanted Davis at all another in my do not want list. A few others do want him not a fan

If you could clone three current Swans players so there was two of them in the side, who would you choose?
Fox, Fox & Fox - we'd be a third of the way to a premiership.

All jokes aside -
Mcinerney, Papley, Rowbum

Heeney, Rowbottom, Melican

One Heeney forward, one in mids. Drop a KPF.

Rowbottoms in the mids, with one about 30% forward.

Melican our best KPD currently, Rampe replacement solved.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back