• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep its roughly the same value points wise for Essendon when you consider the Ashcroft bid and they would get an F3 but as you said i don't see much ability to trade up given our picks would have to be on draft night as 44, 59 starts to come in with the academy bids

Not saying they’d do it but I’d be looking at the Tigers surely they don’t take what is it 8 top 25 picks now I know a couple will be bundled for pick 2 but even so that’s 6. They’d want to spread it across drafts. Whether it’s realistic is another thing though

He was 4th in line.

Plus was a genuine first ruck and we had Mumford among others do tell what was the point it was a win-win pick 39 I think it was for a reserve ruck

Plus was a genuine first ruck and we had Mumford among others do tell what was the point it was a win-win pick 39 I think it was for a reserve ruck
Huh? Hard to understand this.

He was a ruck yes.

Mumford had been gone for years.

He was behind Tippett, Sinclair and Naismith. The real issues with Tippett and Naismith came later.

Huh? Hard to understand this.

He was a ruck yes.

Mumford had been gone for years.

He was behind Tippett, Sinclair and Naismith. The real issues with Tippett and Naismith came later.

Arrh got that mixed was Naismith that was the so called ruck even though the bloke should have been delisted earlier always get those two mixed up. Sinclair was pretty good too. It was a fine trade got him to a side he could play first ruck and under a coach that appreciated him

Arrh got that mixed was Naismith that was the so called ruck even though the bloke should have been delisted earlier always get those two mixed up. Sinclair was pretty good too. It was a fine trade got him to a side he could play first ruck and under a coach that appreciated him
Mixed up is correct.

Naismith was the better ruck and rucked the last 12 games of 2016.

He absolutely is I think, mainly through lack of alternatives.

But I think if certain mistakes weren't made, it could, and should, have been Warner.
I think Warner's best role is getting the ball out of there or forward. Rowie and Sheldrick not in there at the same time as the defensive mid. Roberts is another who could be considered for a role but I prefer the group I named.
I'd really like to see what JJ can do beyond tagging. He looked pretty good last preseason.
Cutting down the amount of time individual players have to run at the coalface should help keep them fresher for a 4 quarter effort.

Sorry Caesar, I'm thinking she's dead and buried and only this crusty old croan remains.

Have faith, this team and coach are good enough to lose next years Grand Final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on delisting Francis, and picking up Tomlinson? Maybe a slight upgrade as that depth KPD while the youngsters develop
Played most of the year (VFL or AFL), bit more versatile. You'd hope we only have Francis for 1 more year, so wouldn't be against it.

Imagine he stays in Vic, e.g. Collingwood though at this stage of his career and with only being depth.

Played most of the year (VFL or AFL), bit more versatile. You'd hope we only have Francis for 1 more year, so wouldn't be against it.

Imagine he stays in Vic, e.g. Collingwood though at this stage of his career and with only being depth.
Obviously he lived in Sydney for a bunch of years so it wouldnt be foreign to him.

I dont think he's a gun, but he's a better ball user than a Francis, so as a depth player I'd rely on him to be a bit calmer under pressure when injuries hit or Rampe needs to be "managed"

Obviously he lived in Sydney for a bunch of years so it wouldnt be foreign to him.

I dont think he's a gun, but he's a better ball user than a Francis, so as a depth player I'd rely on him to be a bit calmer under pressure when injuries hit or Rampe needs to be "managed"
I'd prefer him, especially at AFL level, but unless he sees himself kicking Rampe out in 2025, he'd be coming as depth. Pies might be a safer bet. At least Adams saw himself in the 22 to make the move at a similar age, but then Tomlinson might see him as a warning sign.

Thoughts on delisting Francis, and picking up Tomlinson? Maybe a slight upgrade as that depth KPD while the youngsters develop
Probably a slight upgrade given Tomlinson is much better as a defensive player and has around about the same ball use as Francis. But would Tomlinson want to do it is the big question

I'd prefer him, especially at AFL level, but unless he sees himself kicking Rampe out in 2025, he'd be coming as depth. Pies might be a safer bet. At least Adams saw himself in the 22 to make the move at a similar age, but then Tomlinson might see him as a warning sign.
If it meant that we actually were comfortable in playing a KPD over undersized talls then thats a good thing, his defensive numbers are massively ahead of Francis

If it meant that we actually were comfortable in playing a KPD over undersized talls then thats a good thing, his defensive numbers are massively ahead of Francis
Francis is one of the best defenders in the league at VFL level, so it'd really be for (better) AFL depth. And as you refer to, I just don't see why he'd do it, especially if the Pies are interested. He'd probably see them as challenging again and he doesn't have to move at 31, then go back to Vic in a couple.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back