• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He is an absolute tackling beast , that's what KB liked , Dragons expect he can go at around 40 , uses it better than Ashcroft as well
Yeah it was a joke, in reference to LukeParkerno1 believing that genuine mids have to average 25 touches plus.

But like their dislike of hybrids, it appears to be a constantly changing rule.

Uh oh, only 18.5 disposals per game.

Will never be a genuine mid apparently.
One of these is a Swans mid and another is a potential draftee both in their draft years...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 1.12.35 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 1.12.35 PM.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 1.12.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 1.12.27 PM.png
    2 KB · Views: 7

Yeah it was a joke, in reference to LukeParkerno1 believing that genuine mids have to average 25 touches plus.

But like their dislike of hybrids, it appears to be a constantly changing rule.

You are asking for my list of DO NOT WANT players lol, Hynes is no 1.

44 and 59 overnight will climb to like 39 and 54 surely we can move them to get a pick in the early 30s from someone to enable them to to get better talent in the door at the back end of the draft. Maybe a Freo?

Potentially, or even Essendon post Kako bid

Yes that's Rowbottom. If you scroll back you'll see why I was making that facetious point.
Yep we also might need someone to be a solid replacement to Rowbottom in the future as Adams isn't getting younger and Mills will probably stay in the backline as more of a lockdown/general role. We have the ball winners coming through in Gus and Cleary and the speed midfielder in King next year but don't really have that defensive style midfielder in the twos

Yep we also might need someone to be a solid replacement to Rowbottom in the future as Adams isn't getting younger and Mills will probably stay in the backline as more of a lockdown/general role. We have the ball winners coming through in Gus and Cleary and the speed midfielder in King next year but don't really have that defensive style midfielder in the twos

Lord knows why people want to keep one of our AA midfielders in the backline, jeez I'll love to know what reasoning it is. The bloke is a MIDFIELDER I don't care what Horse and his coaching staff have done over the years. His best year by panels was as a genuine and utter on baller.

It is directly linked that’s another let’s say 250k we have to throw at Chad you’d assume a few youngsters like Cleary need upgrades so that’s the other bit.
With all this talk about "we'll add that extra $$ to Chad next year. I wouldn't be overpaying Chad.
We make him a fair offer and if he wants to go back to WA for extra $$, so be it. We need to play hard ball with his trade though.

Essendon's pick 40 will only be 1 ahead of us and thats their first pick post Kako bid

They may have some picks left from the bundle they required, there's plenty of teams in that range though

With all this talk about "we'll add that extra $$ to Chad next year. I wouldn't be overpaying Chad.
We make him a fair offer and if he wants to go back to WA for extra $$, so be it. We need to play hard ball with his trade though.

I'd be okay going a portion over the offer if that's what it takes, within reason though, and why do I have the feeling we won't even do the last line of your paragraph lol

Since you guys asked so nicely lol

Players on my DO NOT WANT list

1. Cooper Hynes- just not a fan sorry but we all have our reasons, don't see where he plays at the top level at all
2. Angus Clarke- few too many flaws for mine, he'd be one I'd be fine with for a pick in the 30's though
3. Hugh Boxshall- purely for risk reasons, which probably sounds weird as I'm big on Hotton, but you'd be picking off his u16 form.
4. Christian Moares- I'd be beyond annoyed if we go this way, to be blunt that disposal is so bad, can it be coached maybe, but a top 20 pick on a gamble? Yeah pass thanks. Pick 44 if he lasts sure.

On the other hand

Big fan of Kade Gerryn who hasn't been spoken about much here, and if we are looking for a genuine lockdown tall defender could do worse than Harry O Farrell the latter was injured at the champs.

I have others I love, Hotton being no1 on my loved players list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, because of some reason you've repeatedly failed to mention.

Just said the reason- you tell me exactly what position he plays at the top level and don't say he can play here he can play there. Give me his lockdown set position. I am never a fan of taking guys early that are bit here and bit there. Post above i've named the 4 I don't want with the two picks if they stay in the range

Since you guys asked so nicely lol

Players on my DO NOT WANT list

1. Cooper Hynes- just not a fan sorry but we all have our reasons, don't see where he plays at the top level at all
Could you mention a reason though? You seem vehemently opposed and the only reason is the hybrid one, which you just discard if it's a player you say you really like.

Could you mention a reason though? You seem vehemently opposed and the only reason is the hybrid one you just discard if it's a player you say you really like.

He doesn't have a set position at the top level for me, it's giving me ultra bad Aaron Francis vibes who everyone was a fan in his draft year, and whilst he's been okay, hardly some great selection. What is his position long term? Very simple question, where does he play? If I'm not sold on that, tend to rule them out. All the other hybrids I do like I actually have said they are either a KPD or a KPF (that's where I'd play them). Whitlock perfect example, hybrid but I see him as a defender.

They may have some picks left from the bundle they required, there's plenty of teams in that range though
They have 28 and 31. 28 can only match to pick 21 but they will need more than that so that means that 31 will either be below 44 or completely wiped out. 40 most likely won't be used, but after matching 40 is only a 1 pick upgrade on our 44

He doesn't have a set position at the top level for me, it's giving me ultra bad Aaron Francis vibes who everyone was a fan in his draft year, and whilst he's been okay, hardly some great selection. What is his position long term? Very simple question, where does he play? If I'm not sold on that, tend to rule them out. All the other hybrids I do like I actually have said they are either a KPD or a KPF (that's where I'd play them). Whitlock perfect example, hybrid but I see him as a defender.
Why do you hold others to standards you discard yourself?

Hynes will play midfield and medium/half forward, and that's fine. Dusty himself wouldn't get drafted by you if you were consistent.

I've brought up other hybrids that you like early e.g. Trainor who is an interceptor, maybe a KPD, but swings forward too. You boldly claiming he'll only ever be one position (among others) doesn't mean anything. Hotton, Travaglia etc.

Hynes will play midfield and medium/half forward, and that's fine. Dusty himself wouldn't get drafted by you if you were consistent.

I've brought up other hybrids that you like early e.g. Trainor who is an interceptor, maybe a KPD, but swings forward too. You boldly claiming he'll only ever be one position (among others) doesn't mean anything. Hotton, Travaglia etc.

So no set position on Hynes got it and that’s the reason do not want. You can like him but I’ve been consistent don’t want under any circumstances with our first pick hopefully he’s taken earlier. Martin was a mid actually an attacking FWD of centre one but a midfielder.

He wouldn't draft bloody Harvery Langford because he is a hybrid as well given that definition. A definite top 10 pick

So no set position on Hynes got it and that’s the reason do not want. You can like him but I’ve been consistent don’t want under any circumstances with our first pick hopefully he’s taken earlier. Martin was a mid actually an attacking FWD of centre one but a midfielder.
I'm not doubting that you don't want him, it just doesn't line up with other posts / players.

Similar to saying that you have to average 25 touches to be a genuine mid, then 2 seconds later saying you'd be fine with Luke Kennedy who averaged 18.5.

Beatson: "I really like that kid, he'd be great for our first rounder"

Keane: "Which one KB?"

Beatson: "The one over there doing somersaults and rolling down the slopes"

Keane: "Really? That kid? Why him?"

Beatson: "Because in his interview he said his favourite colour is blue and he guessed the right number between 1 and 10"

IMG_1040.jpeg

He wouldn't draft bloody Harvery Langford because he is a hybrid as well given that definition. A definite top 10 pick

Not my favourite yes you are correct there. Not against him in the 20’s though, he probably lasts till Richmond’s third by the way

I'm not doubting that you don't want him, it just doesn't line up with other posts / players.

Similar to saying that you have to average 25 touches to be a genuine mid, then 2 seconds later saying you'd be fine with Luke Kennedy who averaged 18.5.

There’s a difference between wanting someone with a first rounder and wanting someone in the 30’s like I said I’d be okay with (Luke Kennedy). There’s always something why he’s in the 30’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back