• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

287. Last year i would have a break for days on end as it just goes around in circles and you really don't miss much . Just have a bit of fun
Both LP1 and my counts each year are definitely inflated by our yearly debates of needs vs best available (I've made progress), the Ling selection (gone backwards) etc etc

Last edited:

Here is a rough mock draft i have currently. Can't wait for LukeParkerno1 to rip it to shreds. Also involves the Rich/NM mock trade 2 for 6 + 18 which i personally think is slight unders but is what it is

Well least the trade isn’t too horrible for Richmond still don’t think they do it but they might.

Don’t have many issues with yours I’ll post mine tomorrow but we won’t agree on Hynes. Hoping he’s not the selection

Well least the trade isn’t too horrible for Richmond still don’t think they do it but they might.

Don’t have many issues with yours I’ll post mine tomorrow but we won’t agree on Hynes. Hoping he’s not the selection
2 for 6 and 18 is great value for the Tigers and probably horrific value for North. We all said that 12 and 14 for 3 was horrific value for Eagles yet both those two sets of trades are a "pick value" gain of roughly pick 55/56. No difference between the two

2 for 6 and 18 is great value for the Tigers and probably horrific value for North. We all said that 12 and 14 for 3 was horrific value for Eagles yet both those two sets of trades are a "pick value" gain of roughly pick 55/56. No difference between the two

That is why the pick values are changing was an awful deal for the Eagles. 2 for 6&18 is fair

That is why the pick values are changing was an awful deal for the Eagles. 2 for 6&18 is fair
It just isn't.
Last year #4 was traded alongside picks in the 40s for 3 late first round picks which in effect when removing the picks in the 40s for the future 1st rounder it boils down to #4 for 10 and 11. Therefore #2 deserves to go for pick 6 and 11

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 4.13.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 4.13.48 PM.png
    60 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
We can work out for points later. Richmond may not want to go all in this yes draft for their rebuild and want players next as well.

They are more likely to trade 23 & 24 for a first rounder next year if they want to move assets into next year, which I agree makes sense for them.

It just isn't.
Last year #4 was traded alongside picks in the 40s for 3 late first round picks which in effect when removing the picks in the 40s for the future 1st rounder it boils down to #4 for 10 and 11. Therefore #2 deserves to go for pick 6 and 11

Last year there was a CLEAR top 5 players with one at no1 who was a generational talent. There’s a difference whilst this year bats deeper there’s no clear top 10. Under no circumstances would Rich trade 6&11 this year for 2. There would need to be a future 1/2 back their way AT LEAST.

I'd love to say that I'm terrifically familiar with the draftees who might fall around our picks but I'm not. My feeling is more about what we need.
1) A KPF who will develop into a genuine player, preferably tall with a frame upon which we can build muscle and who has a dig all game. Best looks to be Armstrong who will be long gone, then Shanahan, who we would be very lucky if he slid to us so probably the greater WhitlockJ or Faull. For next year we still have to rely on the 4 guys we have but no reason not to be building.
2) Next is a bit tricky. Ideally it would be a small or medium forward who is AFL ready before the end of the season. Berry looks good but is unlikely to slide to us and the next best small appears to be Dattoli. Davis has kicked 4 in a senior final which is very promising.
One of these would put pressure on the selectors to offer something different in the forward line. I'd like one or more of our existing players to do that too but hopefully the more the merrier.
3) Choice of two: inside mid coming up behind Cleary et al or a mid/forward. Both a decent size. Lots of names running around, I have no idea.
4) Cochran. As a few have said, you should keep faith with the best of the Academy and at worst he'll be handy depth as he develops.
Rookie Draft:
Not a lot of discussion happening here. 2 or 3 picks.
We have signed the Academy over age ruck to VFL which should give us cut out coverage for Ladhams, Green, Buller ? so I can't see why we would go for another one. Would we?
We've heard rumours about the brothers Lloyd and McCartin.
In such an even and supposedly quality draft you would imagine there would be a few decent players who would miss out. For instance Snell looks a beauty at Pick 53, one of the last to go. The big question is who would best fit our list needs? Small or medium defender? Another small forward? Another tall forward? For mine any of those would be OK if they are quality.
IMO the draft is much more interesting than trade period!

All i was saying is that a boy i know very well was told by KB and not someone on BF , or a so called journo
Yeah, I know you were told by someone who was told by KB, what I'm saying to you is the information you gave was easily observable months ago by looking at our list status. It wasn't anything groundbreaking you were dropping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I know you were told by someone who was told by KB, what I'm saying to you is the information you gave was easily observable months ago by looking at our list status. It wasn't anything groundbreaking you were dropping.
Like a dog with a bone , at least it's a fact , not BF shit

What you've been told matches up with what has been pretty clear for a while now, but for the future: someone telling you something based on a meeting with a third party counts as a rumour, not fact.
f f s it's boy we've interviewed 3 times NOT A RUMOUR . If you don't like it , don't read it

Top 35 Mock draft and rankings (First round detailed names after)

Pick 1 Richmond- Josh Lalor

• Purely and simply he’s the best ‘live talent in this year’s draft pool and can see where the Dusty comparisons come from but he’s not Martin, probably starts more forward of centre but eventually will be an onballer.

Pick 2 North Melbourne-Alixzander Tauru
  • North shore up their KPD stocks for the next decade might be fractionally early but he won’t get past the next couple of picks anyway. Everyone is saying split 2 to 6, I’m not confident he’s even there at 6. Take him at 2 if you want another pick trade your f2 into this year’s draft

Pick 3 Brisbane Lions- Levi Ashcroft F/S (BID)
  • I can’t wait for the new bidding rues to come in for the record, Brisbane get Ashcroft for 2 cents in the dollar, great balanced mid, who is better between the two brothers not sure.

Pick 4 Carlton- Finn OSullivan
  • Personally I would take Draper as he’s the better talent on my board BUT I have to be somewhat realistic, feel when it’s a close call go the local anyway, the one thing I’ll say about Finn is he needs to drastically improve his output, we can all see why he’s a top 5 pick, we can also see why he could be a bust

Pick 5 Adelaide Crows- Sid Draper
  • They get the local kid to help with their midfield over the next decade, pretty easy choice if he’s there

Pick 6 Gold Coast- Leo Lombard (BID)
  • Would love nothing but a side to force GC’s to match here, they will match anyway so go early, he actually suits Melb so the bid makes sense

Pick 7 Melbourne- Josh Smille
  • A bit higher here than on some lists I really like this range for Smillie, he’s a no frills mid who uses it quite efficiently. Melbourne look to a need at the next pick think they go for safety first up

Pick 8 Richmond- Jagga Smith
  • Too good to let him slip more than this, Richmond get two mids, Jagga is a high production mid, what he needs a fraction of work on is choosing the right option but everything is there and he could play day 1, so will Lalor but he’d start forward Jagga can start on ball straight up.

Pick 9 Essendon-Issac Kako (NGA BID)
  • Simply put the premier small forward in this class, I know he’s had some stints in the middle but he’s probably best around goals and Essendon need this type

Pick 10 St Kilda- Xavier Lindsay-
  • I almost took him at pick 7 and pick 8, have him as the premier outsider class mid in this draft pool. Now can he go inside sure, but let him kick it into 50, having Phillipou and Lindsay delivering into 50 sets them up for a decade to come.

Pick 11 St Kilda- Murphy Reid
  • Probably a fraction early fully admit that however St Kilda need a SF, it is what I have them bidding on Kako

Pick 12 Melbourne Tom Gross
  • Melbourne needs midfielders and he was the next best need to prepare for in case Oliver/Petracca seek other opportunities.

Pick 13 Richmond- Harvey Langford
  • I know many on here love the bloke, probably is worth the slight gamble at this range, Richmond take the utility, where he ends who on earth knows, personally the query will be can be be a Bonafide mid, that will be the question on whether it’s the right pick. Tigers have taken 3 players that could be mids

Pick 14 Richmond- Harry Armstrong
  • Look they should be looking for life after Lynch at one of these picks, think this is the right way to go shore the midfield up first and look to a KPP here. Who is the best one, not sure, BUT Harry is an old fashioned KPF he will need time though, so park him in the VFL let him develop for a year.

Pick 15 West Coast- Bo Allen
  • The Half Back maybe inside midfielder, look at worst he replaces Duggan if he never becomes a midfielder, solid pick still think the trade was horrendous.

Pick 16 Port Adelaide- Matt Whitlock
  • I know we are all hoping he lasts till our pick unfortunately port need this type badly, when you trade in Geelong cast offs to plug a hole you need these types badly.

Pick 17 Brisbane Lions- Sam Marshall (BID)
  • Half back star if he was available there would be a lot more noise, rarely misses a target, just is forgotten as Ashcroft is that good.

Pick 18 Fremantle- Hamish Davis

• Where does Davis end up your guess is as good as mine, he’s one that has gone up on my board, think this is the right range though, probably see him more as a half back, but he might in time be a tall midfielder or a half forward. Ultimate utility.

Pick 19 GWS-Hugh Boxshall
  • Next best midfielder, they need to replace Peatling going so take the next best mid off the list. Boxshall is very solid and will get you a solid 25 possession game most weeks, he probably needs a year in the VFL but GWS are fortunate they can do that.

Pick 20 GWS- Cooper Hynes
  • Hey give me credit I haven’t let him drift too low thanks, just let me say this, he’s not my favourite but could go anywhere from 18-30. He’s a solid get for GWS who can see where he plays, if he becomes a mid he’ll be a bargain, big IF personally.

Pick 21 Western Bulldogs- Jesse Dattoli
-Look who is better him or Berry don’t have a preference but I like Dattoli’s bag of tricks. Needs to work on his fitnessa bit but that will happen in an AFL setting

Pick 22 Essendon- Tobie Travagalia (LIVE TRADE Essendons f1 for pick 22 this year)
  • Too good to pass and he will add some genuine rebounding quality, and Richmond live trade one of these picks think it might be this one.

Pick 23 Sydney- Joe Berry
  • You guys are going to HATE me for this but I have to he’s way higher on my list and I have to take Berry, and this pains me as my favourite player in the draft is still on the board. Small forward is one of our needs, everyone may disagree, but I’m going straight up with a small forward.

Pick 24 GWS- Luke Urquart
  • Think this may get traded to next year on draft day but for the moment I will give them another midfielder, they may look for points next season with a trade though.

Pick 25 Richmond- Olli Hotton
  • As I said I will cry on draft night if we overlooked Hotton at our pick but Richmond take the gamble with the no1 ranked played a year ago who is off an ACL, with so many picks you can gamble a bit at one.

Pick 26 Sydney Swans- Jack Whitlock
  • Key forward for the future, now I do have Shanahan slightly higher on my list but I’ve gone with the guy with a bit more height, if we took Shanahan I would not complain at all. Jack is a great leadup forward and we can replace McLean/etc in a few years.

Pick 27 Richmond- Alex Dodson
  • Best ruck in this class so Richmond should take him at this range.

Next bests (no order as it’s very even)

Angus Clarke (very unlucky to not go 1st round), considered for all picks after 20 ish.

Luke Trainor (concussion issues how bad are they sliding due to this and not talent)

Oliver Hannaford (next small forward), could easily go 1st round anyway

Christian Moraes (inconsistency may cause him to slide a fraction)

Kayle Gerreyn (another tall/ruck)

Ben Camporeale (FS Carlton)

Jonty Faull (another KPF solid enough range a query

James Barat (I like him as that lockdown back pocket type where he goes not sure anywhere from 30-50)

Evan Bradley (small forward)

Last edited:

• Purely and simply he’s the best ‘live talent in this year’s draft pool and can see where the Dusty comparisons come from but he’s not Martin, probably starts more forward of centre but eventually will be an onballer.

• North shore up their KPD stocks for the next decade might be fractionally early but he won’t get past the next couple of picks anyway. Everyone is saying split 2 to 6, I’m not confident he’s even there at 6. Take him at 2 if you want another pick trade your f2 into this year’s draft

• I can’t wait for the new bidding rues to come in for the record, Brisbane get Ashcroft for 2 cents in the dollar, great balanced mid, who is better between the two brothers not sure.

• Personally I would take Draper as he’s the better talent on my board BUT I have to be somewhat realistic, feel when it’s a close call go the local anyway, the one thing I’ll say about Finn is he needs to drastically improve his output, we can all see why he’s a top 5 pick, we can also see why he could be a bust

• They get the local kid to help with their midfield over the next decade, pretty easy choice if he’s there

• Would love nothing but a side to force GC’s to match here, they will match anyway so go early, he actually suits Melb so the bid makes sense

• A bit higher here than on some lists I really like this range for Smillie, he’s a no frills mid who uses it quite efficiently. Melbourne look to a need at the next pick think they go for safety first up

• Too good to let him slip more than this, Richmond get two mids, Jagga is a high production mid, what he needs a fraction of work on is choosing the right option but everything is there and he could play day 1, so will Lalor but he’d start forward Jagga can start on ball straight up.

• Simply put the premier small forward in this class, I know he’s had some stints in the middle but he’s probably best around goals and Essendon need this type

• I almost took him at pick 7 and pick 8, have him as the premier outsider class mid in this draft pool. Now can he go inside sure, but let him kick it into 50, having Phillipou and Lindsay delivering into 50 sets them up for a decade to come.

• Probably a fraction early fully admit that however St Kilda need a SF, it is what I have them bidding on Kako

• Melbourne needs midfielders and he was the next best need to prepare for in case Oliver/Petracca seek other opportunities.

• I know many on here love the bloke, probably is worth the slight gamble at this range, Richmond take the utility, where he ends who on earth knows, personally the query will be can be be a Bonafide mid, that will be the question on whether it’s the right pick. Tigers have taken 3 players that could be mids

• Look they should be looking for life after Lynch at one of these picks, think this is the right way to go shore the midfield up first and look to a KPP here. Who is the best one, not sure, BUT Harry is an old fashioned KPF he will need time though, so park him in the VFL let him develop for a year.

• The Half Back maybe inside midfielder, look at worst he replaces Duggan if he never becomes a midfielder, solid pick still think the trade was horrendous.

• I know we are all hoping he lasts till our pick unfortunately port need this type badly, when you trade in Geelong cast offs to plug a hole you need these types badly.

• Half back star if he was available there would be a lot more noise, rarely misses a target, just is forgotten as Ashcroft is that good.

• Where does Davis end up your guess is as good as mine, he’s one that has gone up on my board, think this is the right range though, probably see him more as a half back, but he might in time be a tall midfielder

• Next best midfielder, they need to replace Peatling going so take the next best mid off the list. Boxshall is very solid and will get you a solid 25 possession game most weeks, he probably needs a year in the VFL but GWS are fortunate they can do that.

• Hey give me credit I haven’t let him drift too low thanks, just let me say this, he’s not my favourite but could go anywhere from 18-30. He’s a solid get for GWS who can see where he plays, if he becomes a mid he’ll be a bargain, big IF personally.

-Look who is better him or Berry don’t have a preference but I like Dattoli’s bag of tricks. Needs to work on his fitnessa bit but that will happen in an AFL setting

Pick 22 Essendon- Tobie Travagalia (LIVE TRADE Essendons f1 for pick 22 this year)
  • Too good to pass and he will add some genuine rebounding quality, and Richmond live trade one of these picks think it might be this one.

• You guys are going to HATE me for this but I have to he’s way higher on my list and I have to take Berry, and this pains me as my favourite player in the draft is still on the board. Small forward is one of our needs, everyone may disagree, but I’m going straight up with a small forward.

• Think this may get traded to next year on draft day but for the moment I will give them another midfielder, they may look for points next season with a trade though.

• As I said I will cry on draft night if we overlooked Hotton at our pick but Richmond take the gamble with the no1 ranked played a year ago who is off an ACL, with so many picks you can gamble a bit at one.

• Key forward for the future, now I do have Shanahan slightly higher on my list but I’ve gone with the guy with a bit more height, if we took Shanahan I would not complain at all. Jack is a great leadup forward and we can replace McLean/etc in a few years.

Angus Clarke (very unlucky to not go 1st round), considered for all picks after 20 ish.

James Barat (I like him as that lockdown back pocket type where he goes not sure anywhere from 30-50)

Few bolters there and some sliders (as well as some not mentioned), but that happens in the real thing. Good stuff putting it out there.

I have about 78 names down and a bunch of small forwards in that, and I'd never heard of Evan Bradley before. So I might have to do some more research.

Few bolters there and some sliders (as well as some not mentioned), but that happens in the real thing. Good stuff putting it out there.

I have about 78 names down and a bunch of small forwards in that, and I'd never heard of Evan Bradley before. So I might have to do some more research.

Solid small forward think he goes in the 25-40 ish range. Dattoli who I’ve taken earlier than I expect tested pretty ordinary. The changing game will see a lot of small forwards taken

• Where does Davis end up your guess is as good as mine, he’s one that has gone up on my board, think this is the right range though, probably see him more as a half back, but he might in time be a tall midfielder

Great thoughtful piece of work LP1. As you will imagine many (including me) will find lots to disagree with but that doesn't make it less of a great effort. Observations incoming:
1) Picks 1-15 no significant differences, TBH who cares?
2) 16 Generally Shanahan has been rated above Whitlock and Port seem to like the more physical types so I'm guessing they take Shanahan.
3) Picks 17-20 no significant differences or in a couple of cases I just don't know.
4) 21 A bit surprised that Dogs would take Dattoli over Berry who has slid a fair way. You make that comment yourself. I think Berry fits them better.
5) 22 Live trade and Travagalia? Is he worth it? In the end I don't think it matters to us.
6) 23 Matt Whitlock still on the board yes please, much bigger need than a small. If weirdly Shanahan is still there that would be a tough choice but I doubt it.
7) Picks 24/25 don't know or care much BUT
8) 26 if we have a choice of Dattoli or Hotton (ACL and all) that is going to be seriously tough. Even the second Whitlock?
No idea for Pick 44 -> 39. There appear to be some good kids available.
Again thanks for the stimulation provided by your phantom. 👏👏👏

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back