Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAgreed - but where have you been?!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
doctor who tardis GIF

Keep in mind the pressure is all on Brisbane. They've been up playing prelims and GF's for a few years now and just haven't nabbed one. They had to put in a momentus second half of the season to even get here and are still showing lapses of form in game.

Playing them round 0 means we've in effect have not played them for a full season so they don't have a gauge as much on match ups, in match form and such considering how different our side may be since we last played them.

Just up to our coaches to figure out some curve balls.

Been a real joy to see our newbies step up. Don't want to see six or seven changes to take on the bears. I believe that two

or three youngsters need to be retained in this team. Binns has really surprised me, has a big tank and his kicking has been

quite good imo. Keeping him on the wing allows Ollie to stay at half back, he looks really at home there. Moir needs to stay

our super sub. We are all aware that he cannot run out four strong quarters at this stage. He makes things happen. Lord

has been terrific as well, however out of the three he looks the most vulnerable to me. Has been spending fairly large

chunks on the pine. Just has not got the tank yet, but a great prospect. Probably an emergency for this game.

My team

FB Cowan Young Saad

HB Newman Weiters McGov

C Binns Crippa Acres

HF Fanta Charlie Willo

FF Martin Harry Kemp

R Pitt Hewett Walsh

Inter Ollie Kennedy Cinc Elijah

Super Sub Moir.

I can't tell you why, but I'm confident of an upset in this game.
Really feel like the last couple of weeks might’ve injected some much needed energy in to the group.
Hopefully we can go on a run like we did rounds 11-16.
Probably pie-in-the-sky thinking, but I really feel like we could.
I have the same feeling, with the refound attitude and many players rested from niggling injuries, we can now build up and peak as the finals progresses.

First task to tackle and beat the Lions at their den!

Let's go Baggers :)

I can't tell you why, but I'm confident of an upset in this game.
Really feel like the last couple of weeks might’ve injected some much needed energy in to the group.
Hopefully we can go on a run like we did rounds 11-16.
Probably pie-in-the-sky thinking, but I really feel like we could.
You saying we're a chance?
Of course we are.
I totally believe 50- 50.
The will to win will be a huge factor.Primary!
Talent, determination and luck plus the crowd support

Good discussion.
Injury report will be interesting next week but I expect TDK to list as 1-2 weeks or something like that.
If your 23 is what we have I'd switch Doc & Cinc for match fitness reasons.

Some players you can bring straight in and they perform. Docherty has done that before. In a big way too. The opposite to that is Cerra. He has always been terrible first game back.

If anyone was ever to take a risk like this on any player it's Docherty.

Definitely have Cincotta in if Docherty is out. It's why I would have Cincotta as sub. He could replace Docherty, worst case scenario. He could also come on and hit hard, have an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s Kennedy’s role if the big talls are back?
Hewett has had a solid couple of weeks in the midfield; reckon he suffers when he and Kennedy share those minutes.

Please don’t play Durdin with his shoulders; Motlop, Williams and Hollands is fine for the small/medium set-up if the bigs are back.

All the pressure on Brisbane and they have been terribly inaccurate the last several seasons. Wouldn’t be surprised if they kick 11.21 or something crazy like that.

Head still says Lions by 10-20 points, but hopefully I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Cincotta to Zorko full game. Moir to remain as sub. Hewett to dunkley. Walsh vs Neale. Young to Skeletor.

Just some match ups that may come about.
Do not see Cinc as sub (would be a waste)

Cincotta to Zorko would be a good tactic

Hewett v Neale
Dunkley v Cripps
Lord v Ashcroft
Berry v Walsh

I have the same feeling, with the refound attitude and many players rested from niggling injuries, we can now build up and peak as the finals progresses.

First task to tackle and beat the Lions at their den!

Let's go Baggers :)
It the hope that kills you. But.....

GO BLUES!!!¡!
YOU CAN WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THEM

Cincotta to Zorko would be a good tactic

Hewett v Neale
Dunkley v Cripps
Lord v Ashcroft
Berry v Walsh
Cincotta has done the job on Bobby Hill vs Pies so why not Charlie Cameron?

Last year I thought we lost a lot of run/drive from half back by having Saad on Cameron in the PF as he was often in the defensive goal square.

Rayner & Bailey will be important match ups as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back