Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With owies out I definitely play cinc forward and sit him on Zorko. If not play him on Neale. Both can certainly be negated. And for the love of god, don’t let Cameron get free goals out the back. Do that and we’re a sniff

Edit I’ve now read quite a few have already suggested this. I’m huge on shutting down Zorko going along way to getting us into the game
Shut him down & niggle him

Last edited:
IMHO Cincotta's success in tagging players threw off our midfield balance. He works best tagging a HBF, especially if he can be dangerous in the forward line. Midlfield tags costs too much in offensive structure.

It seems the midfield tags also create confusion with responsibilities and are difficult when handing over, agreed he should play as a de3fensive half forward, he can hit the scoreboard and is hard at it.

Moira???? :)
Moira Smile GIF by Schitt's Creek

From article...
Probable: Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow, Mitch McGovern and Zac Williams

Possible: Sam Docherty, Adam Cerra, Tom De Koning, Jack Martin

But...

View attachment 2096313
Just can't see it with the possibles, Martin is too huge a risk as is Cerra, we saw what Cerra was like coming back from injury, Doc hasn't played since the start of the season and TDK for 6-7 weeks and wouldn't have been running for most of that time.
Finals are another level, a bit faster and harder, if we put in the 4 probables and they are not 100%, we can't afford to put in extra guys that you have concerns with, it's just too much a risk.

Just can't see it with the possibles, Martin is too huge a risk as is Cerra, we saw what Cerra was like coming back from injury, Doc hasn't played since the start of the season and TDK for 6-7 weeks and wouldn't have been running for most of that time.
Finals are another level, a bit faster and harder, if we put in the 4 probables and they are not 100%, we can't afford to put in extra guys that you have concerns with, it's just too much a risk.
for me, its charlie mckay and mcgovern as the absolute definites.

williams next

of the others, only TDK if fit.

The others are a no for the reasons you state - way too much of a risk for mine with smaller upside than the others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure I understand those who wish to be cautious with our injured players.

Doc aside, what are we saving them for? There should be no consideration for future games, provided they aren’t risking serious injury.

It’s win or go home, might as well go all in

I’m not sure I understand those who wish to be cautious with our injured players.

Doc aside, what are we saving them for? There should be no consideration for future games, provided they aren’t risking serious injury.

I’d like to see us maintain some of our youthful aggression at the footy & oppo.

Charlie, H, Gov, Willo & Martin for mine

Doc aside, what are we saving them for? There should be no consideration for future games, provided they aren’t risking serious injury
There's the risk they reinjure during the game and we end up one or more down with too long to go

Then there's the risk they are underdone and can't perform at the level the next available option would be able.

Is an 80% Cerra better than Lord for example. Same question say Doc v Binns for example. Or TDK v Pitto.

The issue is the risk of taking players like Martin, Cerra etc and they break down again (during the game) leaving you down 3 or 4 players, stuffing up rotations etc. Instead of playing a fit 19 year old like Lord who is more likely to give you 100% for 100 minutes of the game.

Which ever team is running on top of the ground better in the last twenty minutes of the game, gets the win.

Match fitness is extremely important, going to be pretty warm as well. I think it will be H, Charlie, McGov and Willo as

inclusions. Sounds like Doc is ready to go, maybe sub could be his go. Then just hope he does not have to play any more

than two quarters.

It's the complete lack of confidence in Martin (to get through the game) and Cerra (to play to an acceptable standard if he is even able to get though the game). Cerra hasn't been in form since early May.

Last edited:
There's the risk they reinjure during the game and we end up one or more down with too long to go

Then there's the risk they are underdone and can't perform at the level the next available option would be able.

Is an 80% Cerra better than Lord for example. Same question say Doc v Binns for example. Or TDK v Pitto.
That’s the way I’m thinking about this too.

I expect the MC will be thinking about this as well

It’s the risk that you drop a fit player for one that’s unfit and the player you bring in can’t run out the game.

Cerra was poor returning from injury this year and is a slow starter, Martin has played 3 games this year, two of which he didn’t make it through the match.

We need to be able to run out the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back