Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon play Moir as sub again …he brings in a lot of energy to the forward group and with H Charlie and kemp and Moir 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Moir seems to be everything I've wanted from the Sub all season. I've lamented putting the likes of Kennedy & Hewett in the sub vest. They don't offer the game breaking attributes that bringing someone on for a quarter can give you. They really don't offer much off the bench.

Moir though is perfect for that. Doesn't have the tank for a full game, but is electric for a qtr and a half with game breaking ability when defenders will be tiring. Beautiful.

Last year's prelim was torture. Can't stand the music as it is (though I've become somewhat partial to "Let it Go" after hearing it 1000 times over the last 2 years...) but shits me no end when they keep it going after the ball has bounced.
Then they cheer themselves when they've all finished singing the entire verse, it's quite hilarious.

🤔 Doc is only just back training
Depends what you mean by "just". Had been doing non-contact training for a while and has been full training for the past 3 weeks - as of a week ago, so 4 weeks now and nearly 5 by game time.

I think that's a fair amount.

I’m hoping they are keeping TDK under wraps because they are trying to surprise the Lions at the last minute (in this case 24 hours before). But we usually seem to be a little too transparent in our comments about who seems to be on track and available. Regardless I’ve got my fingers crossed because he’s a game changer and if you’re going to give one guy until the last day to prove himself it’s TDK.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends what you mean by "just". Had been doing non-contact training for a while and has been full training for the past 3 weeks - as of a week ago, so 4 weeks now and nearly 5 by game time.

I think Soapy means main group and full contact drills

He goes to or has eyes on training most weeks I believe

I do agree with you both though - he hasn’t been in full training very long but I reckon based on my understanding of knee injuries that he is absolutely a live chance to be picked

Is that true? I'm told he hasn't done any full contact at all and at training the other day he certainly didn't

Ins: McKay Curnow McGovern Williams
Out: Owies (susp) Fantasia Motlop Carroll

Cincotta Young McGovern
Newman Weitering Saad

Pittonet Cripps Hewett
O.Hollands Walsh Acres

Williams McKay E.Hollands
Kemp Curnow Durdin

Int: Cowan Lord Binns Kennedy

Sub: Moir

Emg: Fantasia Carroll Motlop

We have some flexibility to cover multiple positional rotations and certain matchups…

Cincotta def/fwd
Binns wing/fwd
Ollie wing/def
Elijiah fwd/mid
Kennedy mid/fwd
Walsh mid/wing

Docherty: just seems too risky, on top of bringing a handful back from injury layoffs as well…

TDK: seems risky due to his type of foot injury, very doubtful you would think

Martin and Cerra: Absolutely not for obvious reasons

Moir seems to be everything I've wanted from the Sub all season. I've lamented putting the likes of Kennedy & Hewett in the sub vest. They don't offer the game breaking attributes that bringing someone on for a quarter can give you. They really don't offer much off the bench.

Moir though is perfect for that. Doesn't have the tank for a full game, but is electric for a qtr and a half with game breaking ability when defenders will be tiring. Beautiful.
Yeah I had no idea Moir was that good. What a pleasant surprise.

Really looking forward to him sorting out his tank over the coming preseason and getting more game time next season. :thumbsu:

I’m bringing all of Charlie, Harry, Gov, Williams, Doc, Martin, TDK and Cerra in if they’re fit.

Lord and Binns etc are part of the future but to play them in an elimination final with so little experience is fraught with danger.

Outs for me would be

Owies
Cowan
Binns
Lord
Carrol
Pitto
Motts
Durdin

B: Newman, Weitering, Gov
HB: Saad, Young, O. Hollanfs
C: Acres, Cripps, Charlie
HF: Fantasia, Charlie, E. Hollands
F: Martin, Harry, Williams
R: TDK, Walsh, Cerra
Int: Kennedy, Hewitt, Cincotta, Kemp
Sub: Moir

Won’t happen I know.

The young guys did play well against WCE and St Kilda but playing Brisbane in Brisbane and in a final, is a different ball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back