Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Doch starts in the 22, id be tempered to risk the sub on Cerra, I’m very torn, I’m critical of Voss believing a 75-80% fit player is better than a Binns, Lord or Moir and by rushing back 6-7 players, he is doing exactly what i and so many fans have called out as, rushing un fit players back in to the side and disrupting the team.
I wouldn't bring cerra in if he's 100% fit. He's bog average first up at best, generally takes a few weeks to get going. Unfortunately this year he hasn't been able to string games together and has been poor more often than not as a result.

Doc is on of very few players you'd consider in this situation imo (league wide, not just at our club). He is as inspirational as they come and hime just running out will lift the team. He's also a proven absolute professional with his rehab and loved by the boys more than most could understand.

Having said that, I still wish he wasn't playing purely because it terrifies me him coming back so soon, at the ground he did it, which is also the ground with a ridiculous number of acls this year. But I've written this season off, hence thinking it's not worth the risk. Other side of the coin is he's the sort of inclusion that if it goes right, could turn the season round again🤞

Just my late night guess at it:
Ins: Curnow, McKay, Williams, McGovern, Docherty
Out: Owies, Moir, Motlop, and one of Durdin, Binns (or Young)

My rationale - ins are all class. Outs - Owies (obv), question marks over Durdin's shoulder, Moir's and Motlop's ability to run out game, and Binn's lighter frame. (Could also make case for Young out instead [with Gov in], and keeping extra small - and even though lighter, keep fit runner in Binns).

B: McGovern Young Newman
HB: Cowan Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Docherty
HF: E.Hollands McKay Fantasia
F: Kennedy Kemp Williams
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Walsh
Int: O.Hollands Cincotta Lord Carroll (Binns or Durdin?)

Big questions also re possible inclusions of Cerra and Martin. They're all class when fit...

Edit: just seen xD's post re no Curnow...

Last edited:
Damn, hope they both don’t miss. TDK for me, would have been a massive boost. I think we can damage them and cope with Harry/Kemp as talls up front if Charlie misses. That ankle brace looked pretty thick on the vision I’ve seen.

Gov, ZW, Harry must come in with Doc now. Think we roll the dice with them 4, plus 1 or 2 more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, hope they both don’t miss. TDK for me, would have been a massive boost. I think we can damage them and cope with Harry/Kemp as talls up front if Charlie misses. That ankle brace looked pretty thick on the vision I’ve seen.

Gov, ZW, Harry must come in with Doc now. Think we roll the dice with them 4, plus 1 or 2 more.
Could work in our favour. More Mobile set up. Can't risk playing Charlie if he can't train. Must be a pretty serious ankle injury to miss 4 weeks and counting..

In regards to team selection whatever will be will be. i just hope they select the most fit 22. Follow the game plan we adopted in the last 2 rounds. Take the risk at every opportunity switch the ball to the fat side and move the ball with speed. Take the risky option and not worry about turnover.

I only have one request. If Young plays and to some extent Newman i dont want to see them going slow behind the mark and then bombing it to a contest on the wing. the Brisbane tall's will expect and feast on this.feast on this.

Nothing funny about that. Actually bought a tear to my eye. What a flowering fighter!!! I’d challenge anyone to find someone better to have in your corner. I’d ****ing run through a brick wall for him.

Life Smash GIF

Didn't ask sorry I will if I get a chance.

Just for more conversations, doc set for a wing role.

Not sure I get that one
Back six seems set with:
HB: Cowan Weitering Saad

Docherty on the wing replaces Binns - and probably a better attacking wing/mid player than Ollie who may get a run in the backline where he played well recently.

Just for more conversations, doc set for a wing role.

Not sure I get that one
Leaves him more in control of how he covers the ground and how much he starts/stops/twists/turns, and he'll have a better sense of when to drift into defence than most.

Like the idea of Doc on a wing.

Less twisting and turning than if he was to play on a half forward. Not quite as accountable a role if he had played back where the Lions have some fantastic athletic forwards who would test the knee out quickly.

We can win this without Charlie. Kemp and Harry will be interesting.

No TDK, however, is a heartbreaker. We're going to be really up against it. He could (would) have been the most important in. Hope things change in the next 24-48 hours.

So, we are looking at something like?

HB: Hollands Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Docherty
HF: Elijah McKay Williams
F: Kennedy Kemp/Charlie Durdin
Foll: Pittonet/TDK Hewett Walsh
Int: Cowan Cincotta Lord Fantasia (Moir/Carroll)

It’s a damn good side
As you know, I'd have Martin in for Durdin - not sure the former's a bigger injury risk than Durds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back