Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ones saying we’re not going to he behind them on game day. Forum brings about discussion and quite rightly we’ve made some interesting selections that had created debate.
Okay mate but why are you quoting that post? I never made a statement that had anything to do with who can say whatever. I think you're way off the mark here.

I was picking on Osc1 cause that's the way we roll, but thank you for getting upset on his behalf when he laughed it off

Now kindly stop nipping at my heels , ty.

It is not an attack on Cerra it is a Question mark on the MC for choosing him when there is serious doubt over his fitness.
How do you know there's serious doubt? What if he's passed every test easily and has no hamstring awareness. If you can't trust him at that stage then he should be delisted.

The assumption that cerra isn't fit and ready is simply a guess

How do you know there's serious doubt? What if he's passed every test easily and has no hamstring awareness. If you can't trust him at that stage then he should be delisted.

The assumption that cerra isn't fit and ready is simply a guess
Isn't that what doubt is, a guess, a gut feel, a concern.

Would like to see Cinc included on the bench somehow - his bigger, unrelenting body is made for finals footy.
Not to mention he's one of our quickest in a team struggling for speed.

And a proven entity at clamping down on dangerous small forwards. Witness the Stengle masterclass last night.

And most importantly...fully deserving of his spot after playing a largely sacrificial role for the team all year. It's an abomination he's been dropped.

Never before have so many been so certain about so much based on so little.
first time GIF

*on BigFooty

Need to have a plan for the "amazing Zorko". He gets a lot of cheapies and provides drive. He does not take kindly to having attention paid to him and is easily ruffled. Need to have someone on him who annoys and harasses him when we don't have the ball and is proactive when we do have the ball. Cinc would be really good for this role and may yet still have a part to play. We'll see.

Either way, go the mighty Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garbage selection.
Voss playing favourites again. Same mentality that undid our season
Sorry to say, I'm expecting a belting
i don't think favourites, just very conservative....

They have a better handle of where individual players are than us.

A guy like Cerra can be a match winner (granted hasn't shown it in 2024).

Lord stiff all the same. Doc for Binns....

Would have preferred Martin over Motlop, certainly.

think there will be some late changes...

The TDK/Pitto call will be interesting.

If they had serious doubt over his fitness they wouldn't have picked him, people here doubting the selection doesn't really count.
Logically speaking you are 100% right.

What has happened previously shows that we have every right to question the decisions/selections/fitness statements

How many players have been declared fit this season only for them to break down in game.
It’s not an isolated/one off occurrence, its happened continuously.

Isn't that what doubt is, a guess, a gut feel, a concern.
Uh not really no. Big money decisions tend to be a bit more based on data + facts serious doubt means he's pulling up sore the day after / not getting through properly and they're hoping by Saturday he'll be good enough. IE based on data we don't have.

Just 30 pages of people apparently knowing Cerra isn't fit when they don't know.

he also plays a rotation in our midfield no one else does anyway... Kennedy is back from his impersonation as a third tall forward bumping Lord out. Cerra is in to complete a midfield that had no real first receiver and lost to the saints midfield........ He's not taking lords spot imo Kennedy is. If cerra plays 70% and then does a hammy again you've still got more out of him than you would've picking Lord anyway. Cerra has taken Carrolls spot. Carroll is another who doesn't run games out well and hardly impacts.

Logically speaking you are 100% right.

What has happened previously shows that we have every right question the decisions.

How many players have been declared fit this season only for & them to break down in game.
It’s not an isolated/one off occurrence, its happened continuously.
Yeah but it's finals. You don't give a f about 80/90% Cerra vs Carroll. Or Binns vs 85% Doch. They're non contests. The better player is the better player and if they get injured in the 4th they've already contributed more than the young guys would've right?

We don't have a marathon left to run here. It's a sprint now. Get the big guys out there. No runts.

You “deserve” to be selected when you perform at a higher level then those who play a similar position.

So your theory is that those who have not been performing well in a lower pressure situation will be do better in a higher pressure environment.

Conversely those who have been doing well, will falter because of lack of experience not demonstrated ability.

I’ll take demonstrated form every time, it’s funny how the kids are all not fit or physically capable of finals footy, but the raft of blokes who have been injured and haven’t been playing are somehow fitter & more physically capable than them 🤔

Of course we just have to “trust the club” because they are right so often & have earned our unwavering devotion & belief with there consistency & stellar performance.

Remember, if u don’t agree with the MC & Voss u are a bad supporter & don’t want the club to win

the 'raft' of blokes include McKay (missed two games), Williams (missed one game), Gov (missed one game).

Are you happy to leave a fit & ready TDK & Cerra sitting in the stands because Moir has played a nice quarter or two of senior footy? Or Carroll who has been given countless opportunities at senior footy and not really delivered? This is an Elimination Final mate!

Docherty, i grant you is a risk but look what he has proven to do in big games off limited prep. Look at his impact with a broken shoulder in the last qtr of our semi final win last year? He is a tough, proven, big game guy who know what it takes not to mention the uplift & inspiration his teammates are going to draw from running out with him on Saturday night.

You can bet your last dollar that Voss is going to pointing to him in his pre-match.

Last edited:
the 'raft' of blokes include McKay (missed two games), Williams (missed one game), Gov (missed one game).

Are you happy to leave a fit & ready TDK & Cerra sitting in the stands because Moir has played a nice two quarters of footy? Or Carroll who has been given countless opportunities at senior footy and not really delivered?

Absurd.
Of course not - u seem to have just glossed over the part where i mentioned form!
Gov is a key piece, Williams is our best small forward & makes the forward line significantly better, Mackay is Mackay he’s in the first few picked.

What about Motlop? You know the bloke who can’t even be described as a witches hat as a witches hat isn’t a deadset liability!

Durds shoulder is ****ed & he did nothing & don’t get me started on Faz.

Brisbane destroys teams via run from the back line & forward pressure.
Ineffectual forwards & players that are half a step off will get us killed.
It’s finals footy, the first missed tackle is the one that counts - u need to be 100% fit and stick it.

Like for like comparison is foolhardy, 85-90% Cerra (from his peak form) is better than most.
Cerra coming off 4 hammies & no game time of late isn’t him at 85-90% that’s 75% at best & liability to a team game that relies on him doing his part.

Lord based on his last game & what he brings to the team covers that & isn’t a liability that leads to us being smashed on clearance/spread.

Uh not really no. Big money decisions tend to be a bit more based on data + facts serious doubt means he's pulling up sore the day after / not getting through properly and they're hoping by Saturday he'll be good enough. IE based on data we don't have.

Just 30 pages of people apparently knowing Cerra isn't fit when they don't know.

he also plays a rotation in our midfield no one else does anyway... Kennedy is back from his impersonation as a third tall forward bumping Lord out. Cerra is in to complete a midfield that had no real first receiver and lost to the saints midfield........ He's not taking lords spot imo Kennedy is. If cerra plays 70% and then does a hammy again you've still got more out of him than you would've picking Lord anyway. Cerra has taken Carrolls spot. Carroll is another who doesn't run games out well and hardly impacts.
It amazes me that people form such strong opinions based on very limited data. I don't think they realise the players actually spend time at the club, they wear their GPS units for load measurements (these days, with gait measurement to pick up on players compensating for soreness or injury), they conduct strength and range of movement tests, and they put them through match sim to see how they're performing.

Without being privy to that information, hard to be hyper critical. Maybe Cerra went head to head with Lord in match sim and he trounced him. We don't know what we don't know. Happy to give the club the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back