Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question: Who plays on Zorko?

Only player that makes any form of sense (of listed players) is Fantasia.

Other options are Cincotto or Doc but either would require a team change.
Strong chance of a late change, or two. Cinc in to take Zorko, for Cerra. Looks a no brainer to me.

Another possibility would be Motlop out for Moir. This is perhaps a less likely one.

This is our highest rated 22 all year, highest since round 3 last year.

Are we underdone? Maybe

But positionally, ability, experience this team are more then capable. With Crippa and Voss leading this team I’m confident they will give us the best chance to go again!

It's a fine line between underdone and fresh. Last year we hit the wall after working so hard for the last half of the season.

This year, if nothing else, we have a number of fresher players. We also potentially have more to add if we keep going - Charlie, Martin, Boyd, Cincotta and the 3 kids who have showed enough to be trusted if required.

The only problem I would have, is if we pick "name" players and then shoehorn them into roles they are less suited to i.e. Cerra at half back. He is either fit enough to play in his primary position, or he is not. Our midfield is better balanced with him in it. His TOG when he has played full matches is upwards of 75%, so his aerobic fitness is not the problem. You can't really have nominally best 22 players on your list and then not play them for fear that something "might" go wrong.

If ever a side is going to do damage from 8th, this year is set up for it. Cats showed how irrelevant the venue is if you come to play.

Think about it. You keep the one's in form. Lord, Binns were in great form. Moir great as sub and would be good there again. Instead we have brought back a half match fit Cerra, who struggled last time due to missing too much footy, left out of form Motlop, Fantasia and Durdin in. Don't care what anyone says, no way Doc will be anywhere close to match fit, not to mention having had 3 knee recos and just 6 months months after the last one.

Give me fit with form any day.
This was basically my thinking re how I'd pick the team but it's done now and hopefully they're correct that the talent is fit enough. So long as the energy and pressure is there we're a chance especially if we can be in striking distance going into the last quarter. Won't be surprised with a late change or two (Moir in the emergencies to me suggests there's at least one) but I'm not fussed. Team as named can get the job done. GBs.

Lord, Moir getting dropped is a joke, I do understand we can't play too many kids in a final but Lord, Moir, Binns have been good. Instead of dropping Moir I would have played him and dropped Durdin or Mots or both of them and played the kids.

Another coach who has his favorite's, Motlop has given us nothing, Durdin the same, lets rush back Cerra you because he is one of the favorite's of the principal, joke of a club sick of this.

It is not an attack on Cerra it is a Question mark on the MC for choosing him when there is serious doubt over his fitness.
If they had serious doubt over his fitness they wouldn't have picked him, people here doubting the selection doesn't really count.

It's a fine line between underdone and fresh. Last year we hit the wall after working so hard for the last half of the season.

This year, if nothing else, we have a number of fresher players. We also potentially have more to add if we keep going - Charlie, Martin, Boyd, Cincotta and the 3 kids who have showed enough to be trusted if required.

The only problem I would have, is if we pick "name" players and then shoehorn them into roles they are less suited to i.e. Cerra at half back. He is either fit enough to play in his primary position, or he is not. Our midfield is better balanced with him in it. His TOG when he has played full matches is upwards of 75%, so his aerobic fitness is not the problem. You can't really have nominally best 22 players on your list and then not play them for fear that something "might" go wrong.

If ever a side is going to do damage from 8th, this year is set up for it. Cats showed how irrelevant the venue is if you come to play.
Great post - totally agree.

“Underdone” is a cheap thrown around term. The comparison to prelim LY is a good one - zero chance we lose our legs after qtr time in this game.

Posters in here see what they want to see - without acknowledging the MC see much more.

Players like Cripps, Walsh, Newman, Weiters, Saad, Acres, Hewett, Pitto, Hollands boys will all be better for the freshen-up.

Love the inclusions.

They’re often wrong, never in doubt lol
th

We're playing in a final, get behind them. Go Blues!

If they had serious doubt over his fitness they wouldn't have picked him, people here doubting the selection doesn't really count.

They don’t and no one has said they do. Given history this year the question is more than fair. Of course there is doubts. It’s a gamble.

To say MC don’t pick someone who isn’t fit is not correct. How many times have we picked players this year that have then broken down again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don’t and no one has said they do. Given history this year the question is more than fair. Of course there is doubts. It’s a gamble.

To say MC don’t pick someone who isn’t fit is not correct. How many times have we picked players this year that have then broken down again?
Soap, it was stated as 'serious doubts', I didn't say they had no doubt. They are rolling the dice but id still maintain that if it was serious doubt they wouldn't play him.

Soap, it was stated as 'serious doubts', I didn't say they had no doubt. They are rolling the dice but id still maintain that if it was serious doubt they wouldn't play him.

I don’t agree Gab.

I think the MC have been pushed into a corner because of so many injuries so I can understand many of the selections. Sides always pick players that aren’t fully fit or a risk

Personally, I have an issue with bringing in 6 players who have all struggled to get up. 1 or 2 I can understand. 6 makes the risk a lot harder especially when you have FIT bodies like Carroll Cincotta Lord Binns Moir missing out

Last edited:
I don’t agree Gab.

I think the MC have been pushed into a corner because of so many injuries so I can understand many of the selections. Sides always pick players that aren’t fully fit or a risk

Personally, I have an issue with bringing in 6 players who have all struggled to get up. 1 or 2 I can understand. 6 makes the risk a lot harder especially when you have FIT bodies like Carroll Cincotta Lord Binns missing out
Fair enough mate, at this stage I'll just be hoping it works out, just stoked to be playing finals again.

The same Mc that’s picked a hampered Charlie for a lot of the season. Picked an underdone Cerra a couple of times for him to do not much of note and break down twice more. The same gambling MC who have picked players like Williams and McGov who went into games with concerns over their hammys leading in who get subbed out during the game with awareness leading to weeks off.

Our MC has not earned the right for all members and supporters to show complete blind faith. If you don’t think even a tiny bit that all of bringing in 3 match underdone players in Doc, TDK, Cerra is a huge gamble with the faith that Durdins clearly screwed shoulder will hold up, that Motlop and Fantasia will suddenly find form. And even Harry off a month off may take time to find some touch.

You can gamble, but there’s gambling responsibly and here they’ve take a couple stupid gambles that’ll seem genius most likely by luck if it all comes together or will blow up in some parts in their face if it doesn’t.

Lord, Moir getting dropped is a joke, I do understand we can't play too many kids in a final but Lord, Moir, Binns have been good. Instead of dropping Moir I would have played him and dropped Durdin or Mots or both of them and played the kids.

Another coach who has his favorite's, Motlop has given us nothing, Durdin the same, lets rush back Cerra you because he is one of the favorite's of the principal, joke of a club sick of this.
Gee the negativity by some on here is getting beyond a joke.
Potentially there may be a late change, let's see before all this negativity.

To beat one of the better teams we need our best players, could argue Cerra & Doc are not ready, but they are both fresh and may very well surprise a few on here, the other selections make sense.

The same Mc that’s picked a hampered Charlie for a lot of the season. Picked an underdone Cerra a couple of times for him to do not much of note and break down twice more. The same gambling MC who have picked players like Williams and McGov who went into games with concerns over their hammys leading in who get subbed out during the game with awareness leading to weeks off.

Our MC has not earned the right for all members and supporters to show complete blind faith. If you don’t think even a tiny bit that all of bringing in 3 match underdone players in Doc, TDK, Cerra is a huge gamble with the faith that Durdins clearly screwed shoulder will hold up, that Motlop and Fantasia will suddenly find form. And even Harry off a month off may take time to find some touch.

You can gamble, but there’s gambling responsibly and here they’ve take a couple stupid gambles that’ll seem genius most likely by luck if it all comes together or will blow up in some parts in their face if it doesn’t.
I'm not going to argue the toss here and the discussion isn't all that important for me to expend energy arguing over once its been made. We roll with it and get behind those who have been playing.

Where did i mention anything about Doc?

You’ve quoted a post i made, where i said, if Voss drops Kennedy to sub to start Cerra he has lost the plot. I then mentioned that we dropped 3 fit midfield players.

I think Cincotta specifically would do a better forward job than Durdin or Motlop.
'
Dropping Lord, Cincotta and Binns and then picking that many players coming off injury is a bit of a slap in the face.
No it isn't. Lord can't run out a half. Binns is not better than doch nor ready for finals footy.

I said cinc for one of the forwards was the only talking point and asked you where you thought he would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back