Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an outsider, I would have kept Cincotta over Cerra or 1 of Durdin, Motlop or Fantasia

I guess Cerra or TDK might be a late out

Otherwise, think the changes are fair and reasonable
I wasn’t expecting Cincotta to be dropped. Totally surprised by the move.

Yeah same, but let's wait till gameday
He’s proven to be a valuable utility player. I think they call them a role player these days. I think there’s a couple of possible scenarios that we could have him play. I’d lose Motlop as his impact has been minimal since his first game back and his lack of accountability hurt us against St Kilda.

Well done Voss.

You made the calls.
I'm with ya Bluey!!!

If your best players are ready to roll, you play them. The kids have done a great job and their time will come.

Let the doubters wallow in their own crap.....and watch them back slapping after the game if we pull off a win, or chest puff with "I told you so" if we lose.

Personally, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride with a few ice cold beers, and no expectations. Bring it on!!!

I'm with ya Bluey!!!

If your best players are ready to roll, you play them. The kids have done a great job and their time will come.

Let the doubters wallow in their own crap.....and watch them back slapping after the game if we pull off a win, or chest puff with "I told you so" if we lose.

Personally, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride with a few ice cold beers, and no expectations. Bring it on!!!
That makes about 4 of us based on what I’ve read.

Had 23 in 3 quarters in his last return game.
The game you refer to was against the eventual wooden spooners and was then followed by 4 average games before eventually getting injured again against the Pies.

Had 27 and kicked 2 in his return game in 2022

He missed one game after playing the prior 6 before the game you make reference to. His big injury break in 2022 was after he injured his hammy against Essendon in round 13 of 2022 and then missed until the round 16 game against St Kilda when he was very ordinary.

In 2023 after the Pies game when he got injured he missed until the final game of the season and was never really the same player upon his return.

The concerns of many on here about Cerra are well founded IMO. I really hope he plays well and I pray he doesn’t break down again and take this injury into 2025.

If Cerra plays, think he'll spend most of his time at HB, otherwise Cincotta will replace him or TDK in the starting line-up

The problem with that is he isn’t very good when he plays half back. IMO his best (and possibly only) position is midfield and more than anything he needs to be 100% fit to play.

He is a wonderful player when fully fit but I, like many, have seen him 1) struggle after a long injury lay off and 2) are worried he’ll re-injure himself and the result will be a delayed start to 2025.

Last edited:
I'm with ya Bluey!!!

Really have to laugh at this mentality...

So yeah, you mean like Voss did earlier in the season? How'd that turn out?

Cerra, as good as he was last season, has shown next to nothing all year. Lord came in and played with the right attitude and intent, he played better than Cerra did all year and warranted keeping his spot. This isn't practicing what you preach - that being squad mentality, this is pure favouritism.

This also reeks of starting Kennedy as the sub... so Cerra straight in off the back of no form whatsoever and imo not enough runs on the board.

If we pull off the win - great, everybody is happy and we move on to the next opponent... but it'll be incredibly unlikely that it's going to be off the back of Cerra's influence.

There are a lot of gambles at selection here... let's hope they all pay off.

As an outsider, I would have kept Cincotta over Cerra or 1 of Durdin, Motlop or Fantasia

Yeah, I think it's a tough ask of Doc in his first game back from an ACL to lineup on Berry or Rayner. I'd have kept Cinc in for the versatility (named at HB) and had Doc on the bench, changing on the wing or HF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn’t expecting Cincotta to be dropped. Totally surprised by the move.

Agreed - Cincotta trying to blanket Zorko made so much sense given we get damaged by opposition half backs and last season against the Lions it cost us in the Prelim and Zorko had such a good season at half back that we was named All Australian. Hopefully there’s a good plan in place to limit Zorkos influence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No one “deserves” anything mate. Especially young kids that have barely played senior footy before.

Yes, there is an element of energy but young kids like Moir, Lord & Binns will get their opportunity. Saturday night is not it though and rightly so.

We’re about to walk into one of the most hostile environments in AFL footy in a high pressure elimination final.

You HAVE to bring your experienced guns in if they’re ticked off and ready to go by the conditioning team.

It’s a no brainer. Selections are good.

We’ll win.

As crazy as this sounds, I think we win this well.

This is our highest rated 22 all year, highest since round 3 last year.

Are we underdone? Maybe

But positionally, ability, experience this team are more then capable. With Crippa and Voss leading this team I’m confident they will give us the best chance to go again!

Serious question: Who plays on Zorko?

Only player that makes any form of sense (of listed players) is Fantasia.

Other options are Cincotto or Doc but either would require a team change.

Think about it. You keep the one's in form. Lord, Binns were in great form. Moir great as sub and would be good there again. Instead we have brought back a half match fit Cerra, who struggled last time due to missing too much footy, left out of form Motlop, Fantasia and Durdin in. Don't care what anyone says, no way Doc will be anywhere close to match fit, not to mention having had 3 knee recos and just 6 months months after the last one.

Give me fit with form any day.
Who would you replace Motlop, Fantasia & Durdin with exactly?

Cerra may or may not play.

There have been late changes before!

We haven’t selected a sub yet.

Chill!

Every chance the MC’s smoke & mirrors have had a bigger melty impact on this thread, than at Brisbane FC.

A late change is likely.

If Cez has been selected & plays - he’s clearly shown his readiness to the MC.

Would like to see Cinc included on the bench somehow - his bigger, unrelenting body is made for finals footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back