Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it’s a yes to Harry, Charlie, Gov, and TDK.

It’s a no to Martin, Cerra, and Docherty.

And I’d be disappointed if blokes like Motlop and Durdin keep their place over Lord, Binns, and Moir (and I realise those players I’ve mentioned are not like for like).
Bang on and I would hope we could find a place for Zac Williams too as long as he's good to go. The young blokes have provided some much needed energy and something different to the plate. I want them to stay in to enhance their development.

If we're playing the percentages then we can't take a risk on Cerra, Docherty or Martin.

We're moving the ball a lot better. We need to lower the eyes even more and just need more troops up forward to finish the work off.

I reckon we're in with a shot.

Question for those who went to the Prelim last year. If I'm a full member, what are my chances of getting a ticket? Basically - weighing up whether to book the flights now, or wait to see whether I get a ticket. Would obviously only do the former if I was guaranteed of a ticket...

Question for those who went to the Prelim last year. If I'm a full member, what are my chances of getting a ticket? Basically - weighing up whether to book the flights now, or wait to see whether I get a ticket. Would obviously only do the former if I was guaranteed of a ticket...
different scenario - prelim had a heap of functions so u could pretty much guarantee a ticket if u forked over the $.
I’d be checking the club shop pretty regularly to see if they are running events 👍

Assuming they are right to go Curnow, McKay, Gov and Williams come in at an absolute minimum.

TDK it depends if he is fit enough, then it depends what we do with Martin (if we want to roll the dice), Boyd (if we even think he’s currently best side with how the defence has been going) and if we really really want to roll the dice with doc.

I’m assuming Cerra isn’t right to go. Not sure why we’d consider Marchy unless we got fresh injuries either.

Gut feel is we will roll the dice on Martin and TDK, so that would make half a dozen changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 crowd was pretty loud on the TV

b75d563f88c06ba0291257ff71d870b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was right next to them at that game, they went off.

It's unlikely to be a sellout
Even for the Preliminary so long as you were online when tickets went on sale you got a ticket and then there were plenty available from people who couldn't go
This game will absolutely sell out. Brisbane have been selling out the gabba weekly. They sold it out against GWS.

I heard from Carlton fans who missed out in the member sale for the Prelim last year, we sold out our 14k allocation, I got one of the packages sent out beforehand with a ticket.

I dont think we will have the same travelling fan demand as the prelim but the Gabba is tiny and we will get much less allocation for an Elimination final I believe. Ill be grabbing a function ticket package if I can get one.

Ive also seen we have 5k QLD based members or more now so you would think a lot of them will be trying.

Finals Hub is up ...

I’ve got 4 membership bar codes you can use for the presale
2 Adults, a concession and a child ticket.

They never look at the tickets when you go in so getting an Adult in on a concession and junior should be no issue.

I went to the dogs game at Marvel and paid for 4 children tickets as I could only get standing room, junior/children were free that day

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Legend! Yes please. Let's take this offline ❤️

I’m thinking repurpose Lord in the Fogarty role as a pressure forward for the finals with mid stints.

Pitto stays as ruck and see if we can build up TDK for a prelim if we get there.

Kemp stays forward.

No Martin, Cerra.. same as TDK reserve them if we can build them up for later finals. And no way to Doc full stop.. sentiment is out the window on this one.

Out: Fantasia, Motlop, Durdin, Carrol/Binns
In: Harry, Charlie, Williams, McGov

Kennedy sub as he can play anywhere and his grunt being fresh bring used later will be valuable.

Kemp, Lord, Moir, Williams, Charlie, Owies and Harry could be a frightening forward mix if they get going.

Hollands boys to keep doing their last fortnight roles. Walsh seems to be getting a bit out of his rut. Young just needs to get out of his shell quicker and not wait till second half.

And McGov, Zak… if you don’t feel 100% be honest and don’t play just because it’s finals.

Considering organising a meet up for the Friday evening - maybe at the Aussie National or the Pineapple.

If anyone is interested please like this comment and if there's sufficient interest I'll start a PM group.

Cheers.
I wish I could like it but my wife said NO🥺. Cost too much to get to Brisbane from Alice Springs, bloody QANTAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back