Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d keep Kemp forward and Young back, even if Curnow and McKay are back. I like Kemp as a player but think he was quite poor down back, especially as the season went on. Don’t want to see Cripps rucking again so keeping Kemp forward can allow McKay to roll through there.

Dogs rushed quite a few back from injuries in the 2016 finals, I’m sure there are a million examples were rushing back players hasn’t worked but I think you roll the dice on any of the soft tissue ones. More concerned about Docherty doing the knee again coming back too soon but it sounds like he is the most ready to go.
Totally agree.

We have been desperate for a third tall all season. Modern footy, third tall needs to be mobile, quick with a pressure and ground level game, not a ruckman type. That's Kemp. Reckon he would team up really well with Curnow and McKay. Could even play that plus 1 high half forward role and drop behind the ball that we had Cottrell playing.

Voss saying that the potential ins have done a lot of work so I reckon we could have all hands on deck and hopefully gained a few thing and learned a few things by playing young players and players in other positions.

We sent out a one armed Durdin last week.
Yep ,sadly the only thing little Durds was fit to do last week was hold the Saints collection of cups in the air.

Was a bad call and should not be repeated no matter how good he was V Weagles prior to hurting it.
(and he was SO GOOD):anguished:

I hope I am wrong but that shoulder surely is not right after a week off.

Last edited:
Gut feel TDK won’t make it, and Cerra is too much of a risk.

Ins. McKay, Curnow, Boyd, McGovern, Williams. Martin as sub

Outs. Young, Durdin, Binns, Lord, Fantasia. Moir

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In H, CC, Williams, Gov, Doc
Out Owies, Carroll, Fanta, Binns, Moir

Newman - Young - Gov
Saad - Wieters - Cowan
Ollie - Cripps - Acres
Pitto - Walsh - Hewitt
EH - Charlie - Kemp
Williams - H - Motts
Kennedy - Lord - Cinc - Doc Durdin

Need Young to play on either Hipwood or Daniher. He'd did a good job in opening round and his form has been solid over the last couple of weeks. Allows Gov to play on Logan Morris or Rayner and allows Kemp to stay forward which should stretch Brisbane.
Yep, Weitering has been good since moving to CHB since Young has been in. Young has also more than held his own at fullback.

We have learnt a lot over the last month.

Forced to make changes and we have discovered some things.

Weitering is a very good CHB.
Kemp can play forward.
Moir is ready for AFL and has some special traits that are rare on our list.
Binns can play AFL footy to an acceptable level.
Lord is AFL ready and is better than that, looks a really good player.
Hollands can play half back.

Things we can take into finals and really make work for us.

Our backline matches up on them really well.

I think we have learnt a lot from the prelim final last year. We lost that because our half forwards were horribly unaccountable. McInerney destroyed us last year and exploits Pittonet too well but not TDK. Our midfield pressure was garbage in last year's prelim when it needed to stand up and be good. Get these things right, take all that we have learnt and we will go up there and roll the Lions.

Unfortunately he needs to but also needs to be able to really jump. McInerney just reaches over the top of him. I don't know if he has any other tactics but it was one of the key areas we lost the game last year and won the game this year with DeKoning. DeKoning is a good defensive ruck, it's very hard to direct hitouts if you are getting jumped into which he does well.

Be nice if can learn to consistently tap the pill down our players throats, then he’ll be the best player in the game
Pittonet knows how to do this….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Be nice if can learn to consistently tap the pill down our players throats, then he’ll be the best player in the game
Pittonet knows how to do this….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pittonet won't be doing that against McInerney, he will dominate him and just reach over him as he has in the past.

TDK is very good at keeping the ball in a 50/50 situation which most sides are happy with. We would be as well if our mobility and pressure was a bit better. The fact that our midfield seems to need control from the ruckman to perform suggests that the followers are the issue and not the ruckman.

He could improve his palming a little better, but there are some rucks you really don't want to be going in with Pittonet.

If anyone wants to know what I am talking about, go to the AFL site, click replay on last years preliminary final and watch the first hitout. It wasn't even a good one but look how easily he wont it. When McInerney got comfortable as the game went on he just took control.

We can't take Pittonet into this one... Unless he has something different up his sleeve.

Last edited:
Pittonet won't be doing that against McInerney, he will dominate him and just reach over him as he has in the past.

TDK is very good at keeping the ball in a 50/50 situation which most sides are happy with. We would be as well if our mobility and pressure was a bit better. The fact that our midfield seems to need control from the ruckman to perform suggests that the followers are the issue and not the ruckman.

He could improve his palming a little better, but there are some rucks you really don't want to be going in with Pittonet.

If anyone wants to know what I am talking about, go to the AFL site, click replay on last years preliminary final and watch the first hitout. It wasn't even a good one but look how easily he wont it. When McInerney got comfortable as the game went on he just took control.

We can't take Pittonet into this one... Unless he has something different up his sleeve.
My team.

Saad Young Gov
Newman Weits Cowan

O Hollands Cripps Acres

Elijah Charlie Kemp
Moir Harry Fantasia

Pitt Hewitt Walsh

Kennedy Cincotta Williams Lord Docherty Sub

My team.

Saad Young Gov
Newman Weits Cowan

O Hollands Cripps Acres

Elijah Charlie Kemp
Moir Harry Fantasia

Pitt Hewitt Walsh

Kennedy Cincotta Williams Lord Docherty Sub
Don’t mind it at all. MC will need to determine whether they are comfortable with just two “smalls” (Williams and Fantasia) and who they’ll be. Williams will occupy one role and then Fanta, Motlop and Durdin can battle it out for the remaining spot.

I like Moir - has shown a lot in the very limited TOG. Just worried about the tank and capacity to play out a full game. If he returns to the super sub role then Doc starts.

Realistically the only other change I see if we happen to get up is TDK coming in.

In H, CC, Williams, Gov, Doc
Out Owies, Carroll, Fanta, Binns, Moir

Newman - Young - Gov
Saad - Wieters - Cowan
Ollie - Cripps - Acres
Pitto - Walsh - Hewitt
EH - Charlie - Kemp
Williams - H - Motts
Kennedy - Lord - Cinc - Doc Durdin
Who would you rather roaming I50?

Mots or Martin?

Martin on 1 leg offers way more than Mots presently.

I'll leave it up to the MC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back