Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maywa denki robot GIF
Walsh at his best is elite - he needs to bring it (that level) and really help Crippa out....

If Charlie aint playing. I kinda hope Martin does.
Also do we need Young if Guv is back in?
I ask because he fumbles under pressure. If he drops marks he should take, there is a goal or two to Lions.

I think it will be a big mistake if Lord and Moir don't play.

Moir has something only Jack Martin has in terms of raw natural forward craft, smarts and talent. We're desperate for it.

Lord brings a point of difference to our midfield. 19 disposals and 7 tackles last week at only 62% TOG was an enormous game and that seems to have gone under the radar. Compared to other players who had similar numbers but greater TOG: E Hollands (22 disp, 1 tkl, 81% TOG), O Hollands (21, 5, 89%), Saad (21, 2, 73%) and Acres (19, 2, 86%). Walsh, Hewett and Cripps all over 80% TOG.

I would spew if Kennedy or Cerra come in and replace Lord. His ball winning has been excellent but his tackling and pressure are outstanding. We desperately need that and we won't get that from Kennedy or Cerra.

Both players have impressed me enormously the last two weeks.

I would actually be inclined to start Moir. IMO he would go unnoticed in a forward line with Charlie, Harry and Kemp and really get under the radar. Only he and Martin and Williams have that ability to win the ball on the line they play. Moir has something special and we would be crazy to pick Kennedy or Martin or any of the other Vanilla forwards on our list over him.

Martin, well I am not against us risking him in this game if we are confident. Maybe we do risk him, but play Moir as sub and definitely sub him out later in the game.

Curnow, McKay, Kemp, Moir, Martin, Williams, Motlop, E Hollands is a lot of firepower. But it might lack some defence. But that may not matter if we are able to win the ball in that end a lot of the game.
Yes Lord and Moir for me.
Moir to definitely take Motlop spot...

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just can't see it with the possibles, Martin is too huge a risk as is Cerra, we saw what Cerra was like coming back from injury, Doc hasn't played since the start of the season and TDK for 6-7 weeks and wouldn't have been running for most of that time.
Finals are another level, a bit faster and harder, if we put in the 4 probables and they are not 100%, we can't afford to put in extra guys that you have concerns with, it's just too much a risk.
I think the Doc inclusion will give the boys the edge... massive inspiration for them...

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Charlie aint playing. I kinda hope Martin does.
Also do we need Young if Guv is back in?
I ask because he fumbles under pressure. If he drops marks he should take, there is a goal or two to Lions.
Young is like a big old oil tanker,

He needs a few tugs (Saad & Newman) to guide him though the shallow waters…

Lest he go to ground & spring a leak!

gas leak news GIF

Saad Young Cowan
Weitering Newman McGovern

Acres Cripps Docherty
De Koning/Pittonet Walsh Lord

Elijah Kemp Kennedy
McKay Williams Curnow

Interchange:
Hewitt, Ollie, Martin, Binns, Sub: Moir

Reckon Pitto will play but if TDK pulls up and is cleared to play I'd be tempted to go with a sole ruck.

If TDK gets up I see both rucks playing.

It cuts down on our mobility a lot but I don't believe we have much of a choice.

TDK surely won't be able to ruck a full game and if he breaks down we need the backup

Play them all. (Well, maybe not Martin).

There’s no tomorrow so let’s put it all on line. And if we implode, well we only have ourselves to blame for letting the season get away from us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Some times I think this….and I times I think “Brisbane just aren’t THAT good”

They’re not shit. But they’re not terrifying. They have some great players and plenty not great ones.

I don’t fear them. Don’t select based on fear.

This game will be more about intent rather than talent...Who wants it more?

If we play out of our skins we will have a good chance of winning

They have the home ground advantage but if we get a lot of our supporters there like last time it will help

Travelling interstate with a week off shouldn't be have much of an impact

I thought I was out and you pull me back in.

No Charlie or TDK

Didn't ask sorry I will if I get a chance.

Just for more conversations, doc set for a wing role.

Not sure I get that one
“Happy” to accept that. Charlie becomes easy to defend if he is not mobile, I don’t subscribe to the can’t win without Charlie set. TDK would be a game changer around the ground, but both our rucks will battle against the Big O, who is very under rated. he was hobbling at the end of his last game, but the week off probably sees him right. Play fit, hungry, mobile players.

Newman, Weitering, Young
Cowan, McGovern, Saad
Acres, Cripps, Docherty
Pittonet, Hewett, Walsh
Durdin(if “fit”), McKay, E.Hollands
Kennedy, Kemp, Williams
Lord, O.Hollands, Cincotta, Fantasia
Sub: Moir has been great, but Carroll, Binns, Motlop, and seasoned Jack Martin would be in the mix for a variety of different reasons. Fair to say all are deserving.

Winning one final and done if we send TDK and Charlie out there doesn’t cut it. If they will not be able to back up from Saturday, they should not play Saturday.

This team can get it done. I don’t think I need to run through the role options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back