Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont believe all that media bs saying Brisbane is a sure thing..

Apply pressure at every contest, win the ball, advance it forward and stay front and centre. The boys should have enough juice in the tank to do this for 4 qtrs - no excuses.

Finals fever is different, just get it done fellas!

He gave us a spot in finals by beating freo

I thought I’d keep it until we’re up against port …

From that game onwards it’ll be Docherty next …

Port won because they wanted to keep up the momentum and also adjust to losing their half backs - nothing to do with Carlton - they did it for themselves because they want a flag

We made Finals because we won enough games …

And also because Collingwood and Fremantle had a draw - had either scored an extra point and won that game then they would have taken 8th spot from us - so that was literally the best draw ever because both clubs missed Finals by a single point

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We can’t win without Charlie. We all need to get our heads around it.
this can’t be right …so often we see stars of teams not playing and they still win…this week for us is no different.

Charlie being in would help but not necessarily that we’d lose if didn’t play.

More about how much effort each player brings…I think this is the key for us this week.

Port won because they wanted to keep up the momentum and also adjust to losing their half backs - nothing to do with Carlton - they did it for themselves because they want a flag

We made Finals because we won enough games …

And also because Collingwood and Fremantle had a draw - had either scored an extra point and won that game then they would have taken 8th spot from us - so that was literally the best draw ever because both clubs missed Finals by a single point

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree but They Still helped though.

We did enough through the season to just make it so wasn’t all to do with port winning.

I find Moir out really interesting

He has been everything you’d want in the sub role

I don’t think we should be hedging against an injury to a running type and holding Binns as the sub as a result, I think we should be aiming to win at all costs and I reckon Moir gives us the best chance to win given how talented and creative he is

I can’t wait to see him with the 3rd or 4th defender on him, with Charles and McKay taking the attention

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a diehard and also realistic supporter, I do believe we can win. BUT - those who'll be playing because Owies, Charlie and TDK won't be back (Pitto, Kemp up fwd, Harry, Motlop) need to not just fire, but bring extreme heat. Give Moir a full game, show motlop his own highlights from last year.

Could be the greatest of wins, even better than the SF last year.

You’d think lions have got a fair bit to play for as well…been in finals for a number of years but unable to win a flag …

It’s a bit newish for our guys so much more enthusiasm and hence should dig deeper 👴
Agreed. This idea that we have so much to play for etc. is folly. They have just as much to play for, if not more. I seriously believe if they fall short again Fagan might lose his job. Repeatedly getting there but failing despite having potentially the best list in each of the past 4-5 yrs has to lie at the feet of someone.

I liked of the on the couch guys put it, at our best we can absolutely win this game, the big question is whether we can actually get to our best given the returning injuries etc.

I think that's the question on everyones minds, I don't think anyone internally or externally knows quite how we're going to play at the Gabba.

As a diehard and also realistic supporter, I do believe we can win. BUT - those who'll be playing because Owies, Charlie and TDK won't be back (Pitto, Kemp up fwd, Harry, Motlop) need to not just fire, but bring extreme heat. Give Moir a full game, show motlop his own highlights from last year.

Could be the greatest of wins, even better than the SF last year.
Great user name. Welcome mate.

Fascinating to see who we use as our sub.

I had been thinking that Carrol would be dropped…then I remembered his game in opening round against the cubs.

The game instantly changed when he was introduced into the game…food for thought but maybe the opposition, Gabba, warmer weather etc just work for him.

Wouldn’t be against that option. Also provides broader cover across the ground in case of injury.

I get a Dogs of 2016 vibe
Would be equally impressive feat - perhaps moreso due to our injury list and lack of momentum. They also couldn't beat Geelong that year - I think it was great for them that the grand final and finals run was against teams they had beaten in the reg season or gone extremely close. Geelong flogged them when they were hit and miss and when they got hot. Sydney did them a huge favour.

We might need similar match up luck if we get through brisbane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back