Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, pack of dumb ass fools, all getting injured at the same time deliberately. FMD.
We were cooked long before the Hawthorn game (and cooked in that game before everyone went down). Injuries an issue all season no doubt but it doesn't completely explain the drop-off we saw rounds 17 to 22.

In each of the last 3 years we've had extended periods during the season where for whatever reason we just haven't been able to play anywhere near our potential. Thats just a fact.

We were cooked long before the Hawthorn game (and cooked in that game before everyone went down). Injuries an issue all season no doubt but it doesn't completely explain the drop-off we saw rounds 17 to 22.

In each of the last 3 years we've had extended periods during the season where for whatever reason we just haven't been able to play anywhere near our potential. Thats just a fact.
Hopefully we turn it on in the finals like we did last year.

So 22 missing out on finals in the last minute of the season which fuelled a horrendous start to 23 which required herculean effort to make finals, magically a prelim winning by the barest of margins to then run on fumes post the first quarter since we butchered the first half of the season. This disappointment fuelled a decent start to 24 but with lapses in the Adelaide game and the two Pies games which we should've won 2 if not 3 of those, we'd be sitting now in the top 4 or at worst top 6 with at least a home final to start with.

Sadly we keep hoping that something fuels them and somewhere along the line it's either strategy, injury, mindset, fatigue that keeps us going around in circles never making things easy for ourselves.

Partly this year the change in holding the ball clearly impacted our style, lack of continuity with 8-10 players consistently being injured, and some weird MC and coaching calls at times.

What I want to see is hammer and tongs this final series, be fuelled now to make something of it. Last time we fell into the 8 like this was when * got booted, took our opportunity and beat Richmond with a little help from a Subway footlong and a Judd led come back.

We've won a run of 5 and 6 games this season against tough opponents. It's there somewhere. If we're refreshed enough and ready and how mentally into things Russell is ATM to keep them fresh and healthy. How creative is Hansen going to be tactically. So go crazy give it everything, when all things considered if we fall out Saturday, in a semi or prelim again we have a whole pre-season to get things right with a new lens on fitness and a bit of a list clean up.
Honestly think it's mental, too many go missing under the weight of expectation. Only started playing footy last year once everyone had written us off as a finals chance, and fell off a cliff this year pretty much the instant everyone started talking us up as the clear contender with Sydney.

Timings are too suspicious imo.

The task before the team is Herculean.

If we win this week, it's off to Sydney to face either the Swans or Giants.

Win that and we face either the Power in Adelaide or Geelong in Melbourne.

Win that and it's whoever is left out of Giants, Swans, Dogs and Hawks in the Grand Final.

Minimum two interstate, maybe 3 finals

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Barrack hard for the pussy cats tonight

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curnow took an early flight to Brisbane.

Carlton will name:
H, Curnow, Gov, Cerra, Williams and Doc.

Curnow and Gov game day calls.

Cerra was the surprise but mail is he is 100% good to go.
100% good to go is one thing, form is another... he was not great from his Rd17 comeback...

However the team gets named tonight there are going to be some melts and I reckon it will be a running commentary on the newbies.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
As long as Lord stays in, well deserved to keep his spot. Even for Cowan and Moir to get some finals taste, all the talk of Moir's fitness but the boy has strut, ego that we lack (although Elijah shows it as well) something about that kid that once he clicks (very much like Ugle Hagen however you spell it).

I'm even secretly hoping Curnow is rested. I think Kemp and Harry will work well together (it's really been Harry we've missed against the Port game and last few). Charlie semi injured will just wrestle and won't make second efforts, Kemp will lead and apply decent pressure. Rotate Cripps with Kennedy for stints forward as well.

Outs: Owies (susp), Durdin, Carrol, Motlop
In: Doc, Harry, McGovern, Williams
Sub: Binns

Yep decimated our small forward line, but they've been (bar Owies) pretty woeful all season. Williams and Moir will provide x-factor in that line and maybe Cinc there as well (or Elijah).

Binns fresh if we can bring him in later in the game but with early injury better than a Carroll or having a Motlop/Durdin as sub.

100% good to go is one thing, form is another... he was not great from his Rd17 comeback...
Cerra big no.. taking in the hammies of McGov, Williams with Saad even a hammy risk somewhat to throw in Cerra with 5 now in 2 years and zero continuity in 2024.

If we make the semi, sure happy to put in an extra week fresh Cerra and Charlie in because if we get that far our opponents will also be battered after a loss in the Qualifier and bringing in some fresh quality may be an ace in our sleeve. And no doubt we'll have an injury or two so it'll be more palatable to bring them back.

Amazes me stuff like this gets posted before the players know and when TDK is going to play.

:/

Why? Sorry but these posts sh1t me and lessens the enjoyment on here. I mostly come here for info

DQ has generally good info. Enough good posters have been chased off here because of this crap and the place is worse of for it

If you don't agree fine, but stop the personal attacks. There is enough of that on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back