Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this repetitive concern/apprehension about player XYZ not being ready to return for the game

Same stuff was being trotted out just over a week ago about Doc, that he wasn't in full training and or wasn't going to start contact work until end of year

Every club has players with niggles and injury concerns, who will be assessed and compared to lesser quality players, in terms of likely output

All this repetitive concern/apprehension about player XYZ not being ready to return for the game

Same stuff was being trotted out just over a week ago about Doc, that he wasn't in full training and or wasn't going to start contact work until end of year

Every club has players with niggles and injury concerns, who will be assessed and compared to lesser quality players, in terms of likely output

Don't worry, there will be a tone of "I told you so's" regardless.

I have concerns as well…

I haven’t had a XXXX beer in 6 months, so the chances of me picking up an injury because of balance issues and stomach movements are a real concern…

Carlton really shouldn't be anywhere near pulling this off .... couldn't possibly have a worse lead up to finals than what the Blues have had ... otoh ... Brisbane's lead up has been brilliant.. even the 1 point loss to Pies was good for them for a reality check.

Carlton are so unsettled that they don't even know who their team mates will be. Not the solid machine you'd want to be.

Having said that .... there's always an upset in there, surely
:oops::thumbsu:

All the other finals are 50/50 .... Carlton doing a number on the Lions would be the only upset this week

Carlton really shouldn't be anywhere near pulling this off .... couldn't possibly have a worse lead up to finals than what the Blues have had ... otoh ... Brisbane's lead up has been brilliant.. even the 1 point loss to Pies was good for them for a reality check.

Carlton are so unsettled that they don't even know who their team mates will be. Not the solid machine you'd want to be.

All the other finals are 50/50 .... Carlton doing a number on the Lions would be the only upset this week

Yep you’re right.

We only need to play well for 4 weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Officially the betting markets have Power 70-30, Swans and Bulldogs at 60-40 and Lions at 80-20.

If I was a betting man I would wager on the Bulldogs at those odds. I also think Carlton has a better than 1 in 5 chance so we are underpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep you’re right.

We only need to play well for 4 weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And we have actually already shown we can win where and against whom we need to in these 4 games

We have beaten the Lions at the Gabba this year
We beat the Giants at Giants stadium last season
We beat Port at Adelaide Oval this year and beat the Cats at the MCG this year
We beat the Swans at the MCG last season

The only team we haven’t beaten the last two seasons are the Bulldogs but we also haven’t played them at the MCG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The task before the team is Herculean.

If we win this week, it's off to Sydney to face either the Swans or Giants.

Win that and we face either the Power in Adelaide or Geelong in Melbourne.

Win that and it's whoever is left out of Giants, Swans, Dogs and Hawks in the Grand Final.

Minimum two interstate, maybe 3 finals

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hearing all 8 will be named (Cerra sub)
TDK Charlie wait and see

In; Charlie Harry Williams McGovern Martin Cerra (sub), Docherty TDK

Young will play

OUT: Carrol, durdin, fantasia, lord, binns, moir, Pitt, owies

this will be the team named with Pitt and lord on standby for Charlie (Kennedy will play forward if not and lord into the guts) and pitt for TDK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Carlton’s pressure this year is the third best of any team in the competition. 180 is the is the AFL average for pressure rating, and in 20 of their 23 matches, Carlton has rated higher than 180 which is significant.
Weird stat. How do we leak goals like we do while being 3rd best in pressure? 14th in the comp for points against :drunk:

Hearing all 8 will be named (Cerra sub)
TDK Charlie wait and see

In; Charlie Harry Williams McGovern Martin Cerra (sub), Docherty TDK

Young will play

OUT: Carrol, durdin, fantasia, lord, binns, moir, Pitt, owies

this will be the team named with Pitt and lord on standby for Charlie (Kennedy will play forward if not and lord into the guts) and pitt for TDK
Would reek of desperation and a lack of confidence and considered strategy.

Also not sure how Motlop would hold his spot ahead of Fantasia, or Durdin, or most of the others for that matter. He was terrible against the Saints.

Lions lead up not flash, lost at home to GWS comfortably then lost to undermanned Pies and a 3 goal win vs the Bombers.

The Chef would be bored shi1less and BF would be non existent.
Swedish Chef Cooking GIF

Looks pretty motivated to me.

The task before the team is Herculean.

If we win this week, it's off to Sydney to face either the Swans or Giants.

Win that and we face either the Power in Adelaide or Geelong in Melbourne.

Win that and it's whoever is left out of Giants, Swans, Dogs and Hawks in the Grand Final.

Minimum two interstate, maybe 3 finals

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep :(

Loving the passion in this thread but we need to temper expectations a bit, I don't think we get within 6 goals of Brisbane and if we somehow pull out a win for the ages its off to Sydney next week, just ain't gonna happen.

I just hope they realise what a great chance they blew this year and it fuels them in '25. Would be nice to finally have a season where they don't forget how to play footy for 1/3 of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back