Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got tickets to Iron Maiden on the Saturday night, so ideally we get the afternoon game so I can do both!

maginess on treloar is a worthwhile thought, Nash can cover bont, really takes away their two biggest weapons

Port or Geelong to have 2 days extra break heading into the semi to play us or the Dogs.

Pretty farcical.

Also means the elimination final winner between Brisbane and Carlton gets an extra day's break than the loser of the qualifying final, which doesn't feel right either.

I hope it doesn't mean anything but I was at a local game today and Hardwick was there somewhat limping around with a bandage on his upper left leg drinking a Carlton Draught.
Very important player so fingers crossed it doesn't mean anything

Now that's "Intel", thanks for sharing .

surely the thurs/fri and then the two saturday games are paired so the teams playing the week after get a comparable break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems absurd to have the only MCG game played in the only day time slot.

Also reeks of the AFL thinking more people have an interest in whatever Carlton is doing.

Regardless, if we have the 3:20 slot I'd actually be a chance at making the trip down.
The crowd will be enormous - it’s the best slot to get MCC and AFL members. Could go 95,000.

It also means we get a red football final at the MCG which is excellent

I just got tingles. Say more.
I honestly have the Hawks as favourites (slightly). Your ability to spit out of stoppage and all of a sudden have players out unmarked in your own F50 is going to kill us.

Our best shot to win this is if we can dominate around the ball and just kick it in the vicinity of Marra, Darcy, and Naughton and hopefully the weight of numbers wins out.

I think you've only had one really down day in 3 months, against Geelong in round 17. Maybe it was just a down day or maybe it was something Geelong did to negate your style. Definitely a game worth rewatching for our coaching staff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240825-212409.png
    Screenshot_20240825-212409.png
    847.7 KB · Views: 78
I just can't quite believe we're playing finals, I know the Dogs will be an enormous challenge and we may not win but the fact that I have total confidence in us putting in a good performance in front of a massive crowd in September is such a shift from earlier in the year.

I hope we turn up in massive numbers and turn it into a home game, the players deserve it, I can't wait!

or maybe a six day break coming back from Perth, with the AFL stats showing a win rate of 12.5% in those circumstances.
also, have the side had never even played on the ground

Does anyone else get annoyed when you go to another teams' board and it doesn't operate the same way ours does?

Western Bulldogs haven't even started a preview thread for this game - wtf?
We like to savour our wins a bit more before moving on.
Hungry Ad-Rock GIF by Beastie Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back