Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks finished 6th best in points for and points against.

Top 6 in both is that "premiership window" stat where most premiers meet the stats criteria

Only others in it are the Lions and Dogs..

The Swans were first in both for weeks but dropped out due to points against
Last 16 weeks we've averaged 100 points per game.

If you know any full MCC members just get a gust pass. Hawks v Dogs is not going to sell out
I don’t unfortunately, and would ideally be after 4 tickets for the fam. When we played them in 2016 there were high 80s. But also expecting a fair few neutrals to go to this one since there will be very few MCG games this final series.

I’ll keep an eye out for the info tomorrow and go from there, but thank you to those that responded!

Funny being a night game thought I’d check the respective records for night games this year between the sides.

Dogs : 8-2
Hawks : 0-1 (should I bring up humidity again?)
Record on Friday nights:

Dogs: 2-2
Hawks: Undefeated

Funny being a night game thought I’d check the respective records for night games this year between the sides.

1724597302690.gif

Got tickets to Iron Maiden on the Saturday night, so ideally we get the afternoon game so I can do both!
Your not just a teenage dirtbag are you? Although the day might be wrong to fulfill the lyrics 🙂

Last edited:
I honestly have the Hawks as favourites (slightly). Your ability to spit out of stoppage and all of a sudden have players out unmarked in your own F50 is going to kill us.

Our best shot to win this is if we can dominate around the ball and just kick it in the vicinity of Marra, Darcy, and Naughton and hopefully the weight of numbers wins out.

I think you've only had one really down day in 3 months, against Geelong in round 17. Maybe it was just a down day or maybe it was something Geelong did to negate your style. Definitely a game worth rewatching for our coaching staff.
They won it at contest against us and then funnelled us to the narrow side of their 'ground' .
Once there we couldnt spread and use our best weapons against them.

Obviously you can't do that at the G .
If you win clean ball and get through us we really can't match your talls as we just don't have the KPB to do so . It'll be a long most likely unsuccessful game for us .
On the flip side I think our smalls/medium types pose problems for you if we get opportunity there .

I can remember an elimination final where two such inform teams have faced off and the winner has a real prospect of going right through the finals.

I’d have preferred Sat afternoon for that reason given it matches the conditions we’ve been playing in. Shouldn’t matter hopefully

Id imagine this means that if we win the following week will be Friday night too given Port and Cats play Thursday

Last edited:
The game is Friday night ... Sportsbet has full fixture dates up from last night. Why not update the title thread?

Obviously Sportsbet's Indian IT support team didn't read the embargo until 8am Melbourne time on Monday morning part on the email... lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was hoping for the Saturday game. We haven't played many night games. So different to get up for a night game as opposed to a day game, as it's just more of the same for us.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

When channel 7 pays a billion $$$ for the rights, they can dictate who plays prime time.
The reality is, the best 4 sides in it are playing in the 2 best TV spots.
Thankfully, by doing so, doesn't compromise the finishing positions of the competing clubs.

Yup, this exactly. In no other world does #1 finishing team end up in graveyard sat twilight spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back