Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had a good look at this scenario and for me it comes down to who is the D1 that you replace Daicos with? If it's Ryan, Stewart or Sheezel then you're saving $100k-$120k and if spent wisely somewhere else then that should generate 10-15PPG, so a MP or a rookie with better JS, scoring and cash generation.

Over 5 rounds you could be 60-85pts better off by fading Daicos as well as better cash gen (theoretically)

I thought that the tags would come thick and fast last year and faded him, it took an injury to Doc for me to be able to get him in by rnd 6 IIRC. I still think that the tag threat is real as evidenced by Finn, question is, do the coaches take note of it? Or have players and structures that allow it?

If he does receive attention and pumps out an 80 in rnd 4 then the pts gain goes to 90-115 as well as the resultant drop in his price over rnds 6-8. Of course if the tag doesn't eventuate then you still have that better rookie/MP earning those 10-15PPG so there's no net loss and that's a hard thing to remember.
And you will likely need to time your trade back into Daicos to perfection and use one, perhaps two trades to do it, which may be an opportunity cost at the time like we saw with a Sheldrick last year, just as one example. It is multi-layered.

And you will likely need to time your trade back into Daicos to perfection and use one, perhaps two trades to do it, which may be an opportunity cost at the time like we saw with a Sheldrick as one example. It is multi-layered.
FWIW I'm starting him but with a real keen eye on the rnd 4 matchup.

Currently where I am sitting. FWD line is sickening like most sides and is pretty reliant on Jordan stepping up with Adams and Parker out. Had Fisher in my side but having 5 starting North players already potentially feels like one to many..

Salem and Bowes are both in that awkward and risky mid price range but hopefully the role is there for Salem this year (and I haven't got too excited about a pre season score..) who has also shown his ceiling before. Bowes seems a bit riskier but have seen Geelong posters backing him in for this season and he isn't too pricey. Took Williams out when he wasn't named for the practice match but will re think that if he is named for round 0.

I could trade out Salem/Bowes for D'Ambrosio and upgrade one of my mids to an uber premium but every year I have gone down this road it hasn't really worked out.

General thoughts?

Draft team.PNG

Today basically confirmed I'm not gonna go through another season death riding English and Dawson, I'm starting with them. Dawson looked his usual self before he was put on the mins restriction (Think he was on 55-60 at HT)

Well that's made a lot of my decisions infinitely easier after yesterday and today.

Crows have no idea who their mid mix is, so Crouch is out. Duke is the only mid who looks likely at the Hawks so he's back in after being in and out for several weeks. Rozee and Butters can't be trusted, but Wines has done enough. Bont is just safe as houses. Freo is a crapshoot.

DEF: Naicos, Sheezel, H. Young, Yeo, Bowes, Coffield (Z. Reid, E. Phillips)

MID: Bont, Gulden, Newcombe, N. Martin, Wines, McKercher, Sanders, J. Clark (Windsor, M. Roberts)

RUC: R. Marshall, Gawn (Barnett)

FWD: T. Greene, Jordon, C. Mackenzie, Sexton, H. Reid, Lazzaro (Dempsey, Laurie)

UTL: (C. Simpson)

24K remaining

I can't believe I'm actually considering starting with this forward line.
View attachment 1917980
images

Well that's made a lot of my decisions infinitely easier after yesterday and today.

Crows have no idea who their mid mix is, so Crouch is out. Duke is the only mid who looks likely at the Hawks so he's back in after being in and out for several weeks. Rozee and Butters can't be trusted, but Wines has done enough. Bont is just safe as houses. Freo is a crapshoot.

MID: Bont, Gulden, Newcombe, N. Martin, Wines, McKercher, Sanders, J. Clark (Windsor, M. Roberts)

FWD: T. Greene, Jordon, C. Mackenzie, Sexton, H. Reid, Lazzaro (Dempsey, Laurie)

24K remaining
Pretty sure Crows were testing things second half, i wouldn't wanna take Crouch out.

Today basically confirmed I'm not gonna go through another season death riding English and Dawson, I'm starting with them. Dawson looked his usual self before he was put on the mins restriction (Think he was on 55-60 at HT)
Dawson was my first mid picked :padlock:

As much as I love English .....Marshall was the better performer in PPM & number of tons across the season .....for the price differential & the Saints early draw ...Marshall is my man

1709413967980.png

I hope I can rely on you to keep this tip, just between the two of us .....we don't want all the other riff-raff getting this intel ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmm I just don't trust a guy who looks like he'll only play max 65% game time - to allow a heap of rotation through the middle.

Didn't look good at all to me.
Know what you are saying. They gave Soligo good 2nd half game time and he delivered (albeit missing a goal). They have a need for speed so Rankin is getting definite time. As good as Brouch looked in the first half, can't be sure he gets enough mid time, AND grow the list from underneath

24K remaining

What's your thinking with Gulden and Naicos having the same bye? That's a lot of coin on the bench.

Yeah my forward line is a hot mess. $344k in the bank at least so could upgrade someone up there but no idea who.. Cooled on Flanders, but good we get a look at him in the real thing before making the call.

24K remaining
Crows know who their kids are. Crouch, Dawson and Laird 3 big bananas then rankine will run in there with berry (if he gets a game) and soligo. I wouldn’t cool off crouch. The game made me more set on crouch

Last edited:
View attachment 1918305

Haven't played in a while - am I at least in the ballpark? I've give no consideration to byes.
I think based on what has been revealed so far, that's an excellent team. Round 0 will throw you some curve balls yet though.

Clay Hall is in doubt.

You'll have Daicos, Gulden and Jordan (rookie Roberts as well) all out Rnd 5, and they are arguably three of your best. So you will be digging deep into rookiville that round for best 18

Last edited:

24K remaining
Interested to hear your thoughts on Yeo, I had him in until yesterday, was pretty underwhelmed by his production TBH, WCE not having a viable ruck doesn't help his cause either. I feel like he's a nothing pick if he delivers low 80's, mid 90's is where I'd like to see him. Dropped him for Erin Phillips and now fielding Reid who only scored 13pts less, saved $433k which let me upgrade Lazzaro (mid bench) > N Martin and bench Sharp.

I see that you still have Bowes, you must be thinking that he get's that fulltime mid role that Guthries injury has opened up?

*Edit.....of course if Lazzaro performs today then he'll make his way in, probably at the expense of Sharp

Interested to hear your thoughts on Yeo, I had him in until yesterday, was pretty underwhelmed by his production TBH, WCE not having a viable ruck doesn't help his cause either. I feel like he's a nothing pick if he delivers low 80's, mid 90's is where I'd like to see him. Dropped him for Erin Phillips and now fielding Reid who only scored 13pts less, saved $433k which let me upgrade Lazzaro (mid bench) > N Martin and bench Sharp.

I see that you still have Bowes, you must be thinking that he get's that fulltime mid role that Guthries injury has opened up?

*Edit.....of course if Lazzaro performs today then he'll make his way in, probably at the expense of Sharp
I thought he did enough. He’s a veteran, he wouldn’t have been going full pelt. Still went 80 odd from 16 touches. For me, Yeo is a means to get Daicos (at this stage anyway). The idea is if Yeo can go at 80-90 while Daicos potentially drops and has his bye, then it’s a fairly easy swap at round 6/7/8

I thought he did enough. He’s a veteran, he wouldn’t have been going full pelt. Still went 80 odd from 16 touches. For me, Yeo is a means to get Daicos (at this stage anyway). The idea is if Yeo can go at 80-90 while Daicos potentially drops and has his bye, then it’s a fairly easy swap at round 6/7/8
I had him in for a similar reason, ie; a stepping stone, I just don't think that 10-15pts is enough upside when there are others with similar or even better prospects at a cheaper price, not to mention his injury history. I'm a bit gun shy with injury prone players after being crucified with injuries last season.

I had him in for a similar reason, ie; a stepping stone, I just don't think that 10-15pts is enough upside when there are others with similar or even better prospects at a cheaper price, not to mention his injury history. I'm a bit gun shy with injury prone players after being crucified with injuries last season.
Yeah I see what you’re saying, the thing I can’t find is a player with similar upside who DOESN’T have one of those dogshit byes though

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back