Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

My team post the Community Series, tried not to go too knee jerky, but it's slowly fitting to my initial strategy, vanilla with a few PODs.

DEF: Was questioning whether to field Reid, but he showed that hes capable of slow burn 60s and should get a better role potentially with no Ridley. Burgoyne is locked on the wing and MD'A did solid, Clark did well enough not to be a POD ruiner. Still mulling over whether to bring Naicos in (my biggest question all pre season) or bump Clark up and have a three premo top line.

MID: Locked Dawson in, he still looks the goods and I can't do another year of deathriding him, bumped Butters up to Libba due to his injury doubt (but he could find his way back in), Martin is in because everyone has him, and Holmes despite getting towelled up in defence from what I saw in the game, Geelong look like persisting with him in a DEF/MID role with that run and carry he provides (and he's in to bench Sharp). Considered Bonner but his JS looks too short term for me.

RUC: Ala Dawson, I have had English all preseason and don't want to deathride him again, so he's locked. Grundy is a big watch on Thursday night to see if it was praccy game rustiness.

FWD: Fisher has been in and out of my team, but has shown enough in the FWD line mess. Rankine has the cushion of guranteeed CBAs, and the rest are vanilla picks.

Grundy, Flanders are my two big watches this weekend, if Naicos goes large it's gonna be difficult to skip him. If Grundy flops again, I have enough money to bump him up to Gawn.

Big decisons to be made post this weekend.

View attachment 1919102
Massive fan of this

Sicily, Naicos, Houston, Coleman, Z Reid, Coffield (Pink/Wilson)
Steele, Touk, Newcombe, Rozee, N Martin, McKercher, Sanders, Sharp (Clarke, Hall)
English, Gawn (Heath)
Flanders, McDonald, Jordan, Sexton, Harley, Lazarro (Lohman, Wilson)
(Binns)
97k bank

Torn on Coffield but don't see many other options.
Unsure whether to use my bank and get a true premo like Tracca/Dawson/Green
Rookies dependent on selections but am I missing any?
Not touching injury prone players like Yeo, Williams, Adams etc. Just not worth the risk to me

View attachment 1919207

Latest version, I honestly don't even know which players are locked in my side aside from some of the cheaper guys
Big Brother Welcome To The Club GIF by Big Brother Australia

Is anyone else considering starting both Daicos and Gulden and just saying f*** the Round 5 bye ?

I won't go over Daicos again, but possibly 10-15 points better than the next D1 and plays a few early games.

Gulden could be entering 120+ territory in the mids, and could be 5 points clear of the next best

As a weekly VC+C (except R5) option, it seems the most attractive if it weren't for the early bye.

Is anyone else considering starting both Daicos and Gulden and just saying f*** the Round 5 bye ?

I won't go over Daicos again, but possibly 10-15 points better than the next D1 and plays a few early games.

Gulden could be entering 120+ territory in the mids, and could be 5 points clear of the next best

As a weekly VC+C (except R5) option, it seems the most attractive if it weren't for the early bye.
Have you considered Daicos and Bont?

Got both. F the bye 🤞

I dedided I'd rather avoid the headache of trying to get one in if they go BANG during the first 4 games.

A small hit to the R5 weekly score but hopping its mitigated by whoever is my 18th best scorer.

1709545356481.png

Certainly considering them but it's just so contingent on how they go round zero.

Whenever I put together a team without say Gulden, I just have so much cash left over.

I feel that you can only really start one or the other.... it's a lot of cash on the bench for that bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't played in 10+ years, but here's my first draft for a team. Will change almost entirely before the first game, no doubt lol

1709552655774.png

yeah f the byes, who cares. ruined my seasons the last 2 years trying to plan. just gonna be a nuff and have the boys in

1709555487489.png

$92k in the bank, tossing up between Salem, Yeo and Kiddy for D4. Maybe use the extra money to either get Coffield for D6 or upgrade F5.

Thoughts?

View attachment 1919654

$92k in the bank, tossing up between Salem, Yeo and Kiddy for D4. Maybe use the extra money to either get Coffield for D6 or upgrade F5.

Thoughts?
Not a fan of starting Shoenmaker on field unfortunately - seems appropriate to downgrade Salem to get coffield. However, if you’re wanting Salem just worth taking that risk I suppose.
I’m struggling to reach that exact team I love and all my prayers would be answered if I downgraded coffield to a rookie 😂
Loving everything else. 3 mids with early byes though? Going to affect your scoring heavily.
Also I don’t love Duursma on field. I would perhaps change him and Reid and then put Clark on field.

Yep that's pretty much my current side, haha.

Not a fan of starting Shoenmaker on field unfortunately - seems appropriate to downgrade Salem to get coffield. However, if you’re wanting Salem just worth taking that risk I suppose.
I’m struggling to reach that exact team I love and all my prayers would be answered if I downgraded coffield to a rookie 😂
Loving everything else. 3 mids with early byes though? Going to affect your scoring heavily.
Also I don’t love Duursma on field. I would perhaps change him and Reid and then put Clark on field.
I watched the StK game yesterday and I disagree. Kid looked great and was moving into the right spots for a few +6. His game looked much more DT friendly compared to many past rookies we have started on field.

Plus with StK injuries in the backline, I'd expect his job security to be solid for a while.

Here's my current edition after some serious overreaction after the weekend. Give me your thoughts. Pretty vanilla but a couple of blokes in less than 10% of teams..that's the new unique apparently. Obviously there will be a lot to learn/overreact to after round 0. I had Gawndy the whole preseason until this week, so I will see how Grundy goes against Gawn, I can easily reshape by going English to Grundy but English is so stress free and never have I just set and forget the two rucks to start the year, and every time it's done my head in chasing one. Will I learn..well hopefully Grundy stinks it up and makes the decision for me.
That forward line..damn. I call myself an experienced campaigner and start the year with that forward line...what is happening guys, I'm scared! It really does allow for good flexibility elsewhere but heck it makes me nervous.
Been restraining myself from posting every iteration and I feel a bit settled now but I bet ya my team will look nothing like this in two days. So, go ahead and confuse me more by telling me stuff I didn't know. Or just make stuff up to fry me further. Cheers.

Screen Shot 2024-03-05 at 1.15.58 pm.png

What's your thinking with Gulden and Naicos having the same bye? That's a lot of coin on the bench.
Dunno about his thinking, but mine is - good luck to people who don't have Daicos and Gulden trying to get both in before the byes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back