Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I see what you’re saying, the thing I can’t find is a player with similar upside who DOESN’T have one of those dogshit byes though
I guess the thing is that player can come from anywhere else on the field as you'll be using 2 trades to get him in, so long as the upgraded player comes from defence, come to think of it, you could also upgrade a mid because he has DPP. There should be a few rookies that'll be ready to be culled by rnds 6-8

I guess the thing is that player can come from anywhere else on the field as you'll be using 2 trades to get him in, so long as the upgraded player comes from defence, come to think of it, you could also upgrade a mid because he has DPP. There should be a few rookies that'll be ready to be culled by rnds 6-8
Definitely. Way I see it though, is Martin has top 6 potential so won’t be traded. Amon if he stays in the role has it as well. Likely be too early to cull mckercher and cost too much to go up to daicos but stranger things have happened. So I can’t see anyone that we will be able to move back there and trade up to him. Fisher as a forward perhaps? But the amount of backline chips available at north I can’t see people moving him out of a baron forward line. Lots can change though but Yeo just seems the easiest bet. Round 0 probably throw some spanners in though

Definitely. Way I see it though, is Martin has top 6 potential so won’t be traded. Amon if he stays in the role has it as well. Likely be too early to cull mckercher and cost too much to go up to daicos but stranger things have happened. So I can’t see anyone that we will be able to move back there and trade up to him. Fisher as a forward perhaps? But the amount of backline chips available at north I can’t see people moving him out of a baron forward line. Lots can change though but Yeo just seems the easiest bet. Round 0 probably throw some spanners in though
Guess it depends on how much you want to get Daicos in around that time, Bowes and Coffield in defence, maybe Wines in the mids, Fisher, Rankine, Owens, Billings, Fyfe and Jordon in the forwards.

Have made hundreds of reactionary changes this weekend.

Initially I liked having a deep midfield with Wines as m6, but it meant that I didn't have any big dogs at all in my team. Have made some changes to get Naicos, Gulden and English in as I think I need some high ceiling players from round 1 (can't all be value picks).

Also, there don't seem to be many viable def rookie options, so I've gone deep in the def line like everyone else to avoid future headaches/donuts.

This has all come at the expense of my fwd line which is looking like a cheap as chips clearance bin.

Would love to know people's thoughts on whether I'm pushing my luck with such a cheap fwd line, and also if I'm missing any must-have rookies. Cheers

1709451150108.png

Initially I liked having a deep midfield with Wines as m6, but it meant that I didn't have any big dogs at all in my team. Have made some changes to get Naicos, Gulden and English in as I think I need some high ceiling players from round 1 (can't all be value picks).

Also, there don't seem to be many viable def rookie options, so I've gone deep in the def line like everyone else to avoid future headaches/donuts.

This has all come at the expense of my fwd line which is looking like a cheap as chips clearance bin.

Would love to know people's thoughts on whether I'm pushing my luck with such a cheap fwd line, and also if I'm missing any must-have rookies. Cheers

View attachment 1918711
it's fine mate. I wouldn't change anything other than maybe downgrading Duursma. I think there's better options to save money.

View attachment 1918711
Like it, but Curtin won’t be playing in round 1.

Kiddy still unproven and inconsistent

Laird I'm worried gets shafted IF berry and crouch play

Steele I still have doubts it wasn't injuries ****ing him up last year and it's saints faster game style that effects his scoring

Flanders can score with low cbas like back end last year but new coach so eh. Top 6 regardless

These are my only flags with my team. I can consider fisher F1 and get Amon in my midfield and play 2 mid rooks then get Steele up to rozee

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240303_202932_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240303_202932_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 93

View attachment 1918711
I was going to say that your forward line was complete garbage. But then I realised that it is exactly the same as mine.

View attachment 1918711
Looks similar to mine in structure albeit many different players. Like it 🤙

Version #2532

Basically vanilla with injury and value substitutes. Newcombe and Billings are the only players below 10% ownership.

Grundy and Xerri can be exchanged for English / Marshall and 200k ruck.

I could potentially have 13 defenders by round 6 so touch wood, I can start to bring defenders out of my team in exchange for premo mids.

Forwards are arguably the biggest need but options like Adams should be a sideways trade when it is time to bring him in.

1709461861391.png
1709461892440.png

Version #2532

Basically vanilla with injury and value substitutes. Newcombe and Billings are the only players below 10% ownership.

I could potentially have 13 defenders by round 6 so touch wood, I can start to bring defenders out of my team in exchange for premo mids.

Forwards are arguably the biggest need but options like Adams should be a sideways trade when it is time to bring him in.

View attachment 1918867
View attachment 1918868

What have you seen to like Billings?

What have you seen to like Billings?
Melbourne are a top 4 side. Billings will have plenty of opportunity to do what he's always done. Slightly risky as he is a pure forward but the ball will be down his way plenty.

Melbourne are a top 4 side. Billings will have plenty of opportunity to do what he's always done. Slightly risky as he is a pure forward but the ball will be down his way plenty.

Fair enough. I don't see them as that strong but I guess that's the gamble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Version #2532

View attachment 1918867
View attachment 1918868
Why have you only got nine North players in your team?

Why have you only got nine North players in your team?
Sucker for punishment

There's a fair chance one of both of Duursma and Lazarro don't make it, a better option than Pink comes forward, and Wardlaw goes up or down. But all of those players represent value and no more than four (Sheezel, LDU, McKercher, Fisher) should be there come the byes.

What's your thinking with Gulden and Naicos having the same bye? That's a lot of coin on the bench.

It's essentially the same thinking I've had all PS. I only want a max of 3 players on that bye (as I think others will have more), and most of the time those 3 were TAdams, Grundy, and one of Gulden or Naicos.

When TAdams went down and Grundy showed his age, Naicos and Jordon became a much more viable combo.

Essentially, I've always had around 2.4 MIL on the bench that round - I've just changed how it's been distributed :)

Interested to hear your thoughts on Yeo, I had him in until yesterday, was pretty underwhelmed by his production TBH, WCE not having a viable ruck doesn't help his cause either. I feel like he's a nothing pick if he delivers low 80's, mid 90's is where I'd like to see him. Dropped him for Erin Phillips and now fielding Reid who only scored 13pts less, saved $433k which let me upgrade Lazzaro (mid bench) > N Martin and bench Sharp.

I see that you still have Bowes, you must be thinking that he get's that fulltime mid role that Guthries injury has opened up?

*Edit.....of course if Lazzaro performs today then he'll make his way in, probably at the expense of Sharp

For me Yeo has always been a 'pick if he's healthy' draw card. He always tackles, and an 85 is what I'm probably hoping for, before I reassess when Zilliams/Coleman come off their Round 2 byes.

Yeah I'm still thinking Bowes gets that role, as he's performed so well in it, and he had the lion's share of minutes in the first praccy game. We seemed to distribute our minutes amongst all our mids over the two games, with the kids getting maximum exposure and the vets getting less minutes. We'll see the team sheet, but at this stage, he's still in on that basis :)

If we aren’t confident with Sharp on field, are we paying way too much extra for him on our pine? Sure he will play games however is there better options and to save 50k which is vital?

If we aren’t confident with Sharp on field, are we paying way too much extra for him on our pine? Sure he will play games however is there better options and to save 50k which is vital?
Problem is, there's not too many MID rookies left to choose from, and the ones that will likely play aren't much cheaper than him

My team post the Community Series, tried not to go too knee jerky, but it's slowly fitting to my initial strategy, vanilla with a few PODs.

DEF: Was questioning whether to field Reid, but he showed that hes capable of slow burn 60s and should get a better role potentially with no Ridley. Burgoyne is locked on the wing and MD'A did solid, Clark did well enough not to be a POD ruiner. Still mulling over whether to bring Naicos in (my biggest question all pre season) or bump Clark up and have a three premo top line.

MID: Locked Dawson in, he still looks the goods and I can't do another year of deathriding him, bumped Butters up to Libba due to his injury doubt (but he could find his way back in), Martin is in because everyone has him, and Holmes despite getting towelled up in defence from what I saw in the game, Geelong look like persisting with him in a DEF/MID role with that run and carry he provides (and he's in to bench Sharp). Considered Bonner but his JS looks too short term for me.

RUC: Ala Dawson, I have had English all preseason and don't want to deathride him again, so he's locked. Grundy is a big watch on Thursday night to see if it was praccy game rustiness.

FWD: Fisher has been in and out of my team, but has shown enough in the FWD line mess. Rankine has the cushion of guranteeed CBAs, and the rest are vanilla picks.

Grundy, Flanders are my two big watches this weekend, if Naicos goes large it's gonna be difficult to skip him. If Grundy flops again, I have enough money to bump him up to Gawn.

Big decisons to be made post this weekend.

postpraccy.JPG

My team post the Community Series, tried not to go too knee jerky, but it's slowly fitting to my initial strategy, vanilla with a few PODs.

DEF: Was questioning whether to field Reid, but he showed that hes capable of slow burn 60s and should get a better role potentially with no Ridley. Burgoyne is locked on the wing and MD'A did solid, Clark did well enough not to be a POD ruiner. Still mulling over whether to bring Naicos in (my biggest question all pre season) or bump Clark up and have a three premo top line.

MID: Locked Dawson in, he still looks the goods and I can't do another year of deathriding him, bumped Butters up to Libba due to his injury doubt (but he could find his way back in), Martin is in because everyone has him, and Holmes despite getting towelled up in defence from what I saw in the game, Geelong look like persisting with him in a DEF/MID role with that run and carry he provides (and he's in to bench Sharp). Considered Bonner but his JS looks too short term for me.

RUC: Ala Dawson, I have had English all preseason and don't want to deathride him again, so he's locked. Grundy is a big watch on Thursday night to see if it was praccy game rustiness.

FWD: Fisher has been in and out of my team, but has shown enough in the FWD line mess. Rankine has the cushion of guranteeed CBAs, and the rest are vanilla picks.

Grundy, Flanders are my two big watches this weekend, if Naicos goes large it's gonna be difficult to skip him. If Grundy flops again, I have enough money to bump him up to Gawn.

View attachment 1919102

Where's the vanilla?!

Ok maybe it's not ALL Vanilla, but it's like a tub of neapolitan ice cream, one section is haha (the forward line), the backline is the strawberry and the midfield is the chocolate
Even just including Rankine makes it hard for me to call it vanilla.

I like it. I couldn't field Reid personally but interested to follow how this team goes.

View attachment 1918711
You think this weekend was reactionary, just wait till next weekend is over and you try and factor in the unofficial and yet to be applied price increases or decreases......
🤪

View attachment 1919102
Flanders is a massive watch, and not in a good way i reckon - he is my biggest worry I think. Still my F1, but not with any confidence. Might downgrade to Fisher, which is testing my dislike of players like him.

Agree, Grundy as much to reveal and if he can go OK against Gawn, I'm still solid on him.

Holmes is good pick - wish I was brave enough after having him last year. Your work around the early Byes looks good.

Round Zero is going to throw up so much, potentially. We have never had so many players (184) with an underlying price movement to consider.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back