Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno about his thinking, but mine is - good luck to people who don't have Daicos and Gulden trying to get both in before the byes.

What about if you have one of them?

What about if you have one of them?
If you had one that would definitely help. My experience is that it is still quite difficult to upgrade a true Uber premium before the Byes. Every year I always find myself grabbing 'almost' guys until the byes and three trades unlocks the ability to get some big dogs.

Dunno about his thinking, but mine is - good luck to people who don't have Daicos and Gulden trying to get both in before the byes.
I get what you're saying but people were saying the same about Laird and Docherty before last year. No guarantees in Fantasy footy.

I get what you're saying but people were saying the same about Laird and Docherty before last year. No guarantees in Fantasy footy.
Laird and Doch are in their late 20's / early 30's, we knew what they were and what they could be.

Daicos and Gulden are young, generational fantasy talents with utter piggish tendencies and an absolute thirst for the football that has not been seen since Swanny. They could be anything.

Laird and Doch are in their late 20's / early 30's, we knew what they were and what they could be.

Daicos and Gulden are young, generational fantasy talents with utter piggish tendencies and an absolute thirst for the football that has not been seen since Swanny. They could be anything.
They could be anything, yes. That's my point.

I feel this is close to the final iteration. Happy with a rookie on field in the back. Happy with only 2 rookies on field in the middle. Rucks are solid. Forward line is primed to be my cash generation machine.
$6k left.

Byes:
R2 - Dunkley
R3 - Miller, Greene, Sexton, Cadman
R5 - Naicos, Gulden, Grundy, Jordan, Roberts, Warner
R6 - Gawn

1709621649683.png

$4k left with this, have paid up on the bench too so can float around a bit of cash on the rookies.

round0.png

I feel this is close to the final iteration. Happy with a rookie on field in the back. Happy with only 2 rookies on field in the middle. Rucks are solid. Forward line is primed to be my cash generation machine.
$6k left.

Byes:
R2 - Dunkley
R3 - Miller, Greene, Sexton, Cadman
R5 - Naicos, Gulden, Grundy, Jordan, Roberts, Warner
R6 - Gawn

View attachment 1920160
Only spending up $66k on your bench is going to be an issue for you I think.

Screenshot_20240305_213804.jpg
With the need/desire to chase Jackson, and the inevitable scramble to bring in/dump out those on the R0 watch-list, the money on my bench will likely need to be plundered, which begs the question- which of these guys are least likely to burn me if I fade them? They all seem like prime cash-gen options. And who could be their replacement/s?

540038.jpg

Got rid of Gulden and Tsatas for Jackson and Wines. Hmmm
Now I’m rocking with crouch and wines. Thoughts?

I’m running both Crouch and Wines.

My logic, both look like they will go 95-100 - (190-200 per week).

The alternative Would require a premo like Gulden to likely ave 120 to match it between the other combo, which I find unlikely.

Spent the last 2 days going back and forth on them but holding firm and keeping them in on logic even though I don’t necessarily like the “look” of them there.

View attachment 1920445
With the need/desire to chase Jackson, and the inevitable scramble to bring in/dump out those on the R0 watch-list, the money on my bench will likely need to be plundered, which begs the question- which of these guys are least likely to burn me if I fade them? They all seem like prime cash-gen options. And who could be their replacement/s?

View attachment 1920450
Yeah im trying to figure out which rook to leave out, out of Lazzaro, Clark and Roberts, leaning towards Clark or Roberts but doesn't make it any easier.

The fact Roberts has double price rise is appealing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They could be anything, yes. That's my point.
I was on DFS Australia site hoping to find a correlation between whether Gulden goes bigger when he gets CBA's or not - because I swear last year he went bigger the longer he was kept on the wing.

His top tier monster games as follows:
Round 8 0% CBA - 161
Round 9 48% CBA - 153
Round 15 24% CBA - 145
Round 16 6% CBA - 128
Round 17 11% CBA - 126
Round 18 40% CBA - 126
Round 20 47% CBA - 142
Round 21 61% CBA - 132
Round 24 45% CBA - 142

So basically he's a flipping freak no matter where he plays. My god what a stallion

View attachment 1920445

View attachment 1920450
I rate Roberts but I worry he could be a sub risk. Sharp showed nothing so far this pre season. So would lean toward them but definitely a tough choice

I was on DFS Australia site hoping to find a correlation between whether Gulden goes bigger when he gets CBA's or not - because I swear last year he went bigger the longer he was kept on the wing.

His top tier monster games as follows:
Round 8 0% CBA - 161
Round 9 48% CBA - 153
Round 15 24% CBA - 145
Round 16 6% CBA - 128
Round 17 11% CBA - 126
Round 18 40% CBA - 126
Round 20 47% CBA - 142
Round 21 61% CBA - 132
Round 24 45% CBA - 142

So basically he's a *ing freak no matter where he plays. My god what a stallion
This is why Gulden is the only player I am considering starting at around the 1 mil mark.

Just imagine his numbers with 80% CBAs because all of Sydneys best midfielders are out injured. He could seriously have a crack at a 180+ or even 200 score. Eagles in round 4 could be the game he does it.

I rate Roberts but I worry he could be a sub risk. Sharp showed nothing so far this pre season. So would lean toward them but definitely a tough choice
These are the 2 I'm thinking about. At least I get a look at Roberts on R0. Probably should've mentioned that I currently have Lazzaro on field too, so he's also in the mix

This is why Gulden is the only player I am considering starting at around the 1 mil mark.

Just imagine his numbers with 80% CBAs because all of Sydneys best midfielders are out injured. He could seriously have a crack at a 180+ or even 200 score. Eagles in round 4 could be the game he does it.
Weirdly I'm not sure a higher amount of CBA's helps him.

In round 19 for example he went at 77% CBAs and scored an 89

Round 5, 61% CBA and he went 96

Sort of appears he scores at his best when he has around 40% CBA's. Probably reading too much into it and don't quite have enough data though to be fair...

Sort of appears he scores at his best when he has around 40% CBA's. Probably reading too much into it and don't quite have enough data though to be fair...
Well now you've made my head spin.
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Errol hates centre bounces!

If you had one that would definitely help. My experience is that it is still quite difficult to upgrade a true Uber premium before the Byes. Every year I always find myself grabbing 'almost' guys until the byes and three trades unlocks the ability to get some big dogs.
Would agree with you every previous year. This year is shaping differently - we'll know much more after Round 0 and the number conundrums will make the ones so far seem like playdoh.

Opponents and where played?

Opponents and where played?

R19 - Freo Optus
R5 - Richmond Adelaide Oval

R19 - Freo Optus
R5 - Richmond Adelaide Oval
Nothing startling in that I guess - Optus Stadium with Freo on the nose by then. The holiday atmosphere of Gather Round was the other was it - not the worst score.

Play every year and do horribly each time. 105k in the bank. Happy to run the risk of gulden and daicos. But any other thoughts? Spent up a bit on the bench to give myself wiggle room as well
1000025601.png

How im rolling atm. Im sold on Martin & Holmes. Just watched the Cats Vs Dons game and gee Holmes role was fantastic. He is playing the quarterback role as an extra at the back of stoppage and they are feeding him at every opportunity on transition.

I was trying to avoid starting Daicos and Flanders but its extremely hard to leave them out and replace them with someone who gives me confidence. Will wait and see how the go in round 0.

Attachments

• IMG_3188.png
    IMG_3188.png
    736.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3189.png
    IMG_3189.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 139

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back