Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Weirdly I'm not sure a higher amount of CBA's helps him.

In round 19 for example he went at 77% CBAs and scored an 89

Round 5, 61% CBA and he went 96

Sort of appears he scores at his best when he has around 40% CBA's. Probably reading too much into it and don't quite have enough data though to be fair...

He'll start at the CBA and then handball it to himself on the wing. He's that good.

He'll start at the CBA and then handball it to himself on the wing. He's that good.
He's even better than you've said - he'll mark his own inside 50 and kick the goal. AFL in negotiation with Gulden to list his own side as the 20th team, called, naturally enough, GULDEN GOLD.

Play every year and do horribly each time. 105k in the bank. Happy to run the risk of gulden and daicos. But any other thoughts? Spent up a bit on the bench to give myself wiggle room as well
View attachment 1920504
What sorcery is this image.

How im rolling atm. Im sold on Martin & Holmes. Just watched the Cats Vs Dons game and gee Holmes role was fantastic. He is playing the quarterback role as an extra at the back of stoppage and they are feeding him at every opportunity on transition.

I was trying to avoid starting Daicos and Flanders but its extremely hard to leave them out and replace them with someone who gives me confidence. Will wait and see how the go in round 0.

I’ve got Barker instead of Holmes…

Mainly because I’ve got Fischer, Martin etc, Barker is in the guts, not doing the vacuuming out the back

I’m running both Crouch and Wines.

My logic, both look like they will go 95-100 - (190-200 per week).

The alternative Would require a premo like Gulden to likely ave 120 to match it between the other combo, which I find unlikely.

Spent the last 2 days going back and forth on them but holding firm and keeping them in on logic even though I don’t necessarily like the “look” of them there.
Yeah love this logic. I can’t seem to split the two anyway so at least if I have both I can’t be mad if one is going crazy and the other isn’t 😂

Last edited:
Yeah love this logic. I can’t seem to split the two anyway so at least if I have both I can’t be made if one is going crazy and the other isn’t 😂

I also share that fear that if I move Crouch to Martin, Crouch will smash out a 110 ave next minute.

Also love the early fixture they both share. Plan is to start them, hopefully they make 100+k in the first 5 weeks then flick one for Gulden after his first bye. Hopefully that’s only a 150k gap but that’s probably wishful.

Had crouch over wines but now I'm not sure. With possibly berry, Rankine, Rachele, Laird, Dawson in cbas maybe he gets extra low tog or reduced cbas. Due to that I think they both go 90-95.

Had crouch over wines but now I'm not sure. With possibly berry, Rankine, Rachele, Laird, Dawson in cbas maybe he gets extra low tog or reduced cbas. Due to that I think they both go 90-95.
Yeah, I'm expecting Crouch to be faded in the 2nd half, when they can, so that the younger ones get more time in there. They may think they are in the pocket for a flag, they also have to get games and experience in others too so as not to leave a vacuum while contending.

They could be anything, yes. That's my point.
Laird and Doch didn’t really have upside last year, they were just being picked for consistency.

I'd argue Gulden actually still has upside. Coming in at an average of 112 but averaged 120 in the second half of last year. 8 points upside for someone at that price is nuts.

Daicos I’m a little more wary of because of his early fixtures leading into his bye but that could come back to bite as well.

Bont is probably the equivalent to the Laird/Doch. Picked for a consistent 115 but you’ll definitely lose cash on him at some point in the year.

Well i feel sick to my stomach but my first draft is done. 146k left in the coffer

Things i like
  • Daicos, Sheezel, Young, Butters, Miller, Newcombe, Martin
    • All feel undervalued and absolute jets.
  • Good potential starting rookies in Sanders, McKercher, Windsor, Clark, Reid, Lazzaro
  • Marshall or English / Gawn ruck combo
    • Hopefully set and forget the entire year.
Things I'm unsure about
  • Lack of high quality forward options
  • Coleman? could be 20 points underpriced if the role is there
  • JHF? Also could be 15-20 points underpriced. Not sure if he has full pig tendencies yet. Worried about his floor.
    • Could bump him up to Wines, Yeo, Holmes etc.
  • D5,D6

1709696769737.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed

Too good to be true

Once Rachele shows he can manage a mostly mid role, Mrouch will be dropped again.

Berry also to add to that list.

Locked and loaded - tinkered with Amon in the mids instead of Clark at the back but would require rolling the dice with Reid on field. Wont be changing barring some team/rookie shocks. had Newcombe all pre-season, his game on the weekend annoyed me a little with ownership rocketing up.

1709706160957.png

Locked and loaded - tinkered with Amon in the mids instead of Clark at the back but would require rolling the dice with Reid on field. Wont be changing barring some team/rookie shocks. had Newcombe all pre-season, his game on the weekend annoyed me a little with ownership rocketing up.

View attachment 1920967
Oh dear, our teams are basically the exact same hahahaha

View attachment 1920967
Not too dissimilar to my side too. You're stronger in the mids, where I've beefed up my defenders/rucks.

No Lazzaro? (may be hiding at utility..)

F*** it. I’m on the Bonner train. He’s there instead of a rookie, surely will average more if not the same. I normally don’t take risks but have loved his pre season and his run isn’t bad to start with. Without Sinclair I feel like he’s the hands they want the ball in.

Edit; I’m now only running with 3 rookies on field (1st year)

F*** it. I’m on the Bonner train. He’s there instead of a rookie, surely will average more if not the same. I normally don’t take risks but have loved his pre season and his run isn’t bad to start with. Without Sinclair I feel like he’s the hands they want the ball in.

Edit; I’m now only running with 3 rookies on field (1st year)
So torn, he feels a bit trappy and it's the kind of thing I usually fall for and then have to play catch up all year. If Sharp had have scored in the pre season I'd skip Bonner and start Sharp instead to save some dosh. Bonner is awful tempting though

I don't mind the Bonner move. Even if Sinclair does come back early, you just need one big ton from Bonner like he got in the preseason to get that cash gen going.

Plus, it's not like there's no parachutes if it goes to shit. Easy to downgrade him to a rook, sideways him to a Hustwaite or put a bit of cash on his head to get him up to a Wardlaw. There's exit options.

I don't think I'll be doing it but I don't hate it.

I’m starting Bonner. So on the basis of probability the rest of you should run for the hills, it’s going to be a disaster.
Taking Notes meeting.gif

The trap of PS games .....not a whisper of Bonner's name, until last week ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2024 Fantasy Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back