List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mentioned by Cal Twomey on the draft countdown show. Hasn’t mentioned which picks we’re using to trade up though.
Would be great to somehow get a second one of GC’s picks, 26,27 or 32.
Not sure how we could manage that though.

This article mentions if we trade up for pick 24 we are linked with Archer Reid, Phoenix Gothard and Koen Sanchez.
I reckon if North keep those picks in the teens they will take both Reid and Zakotelsky.

I'd love Reid and Collard but I have doubts either are available at pick (as it stands) 24 from the Suns.

Only going by highlights but I really like what Collard could bring at the top level. Bit of Bailey bit of Cameron and a bit of Lohman in him.

This article mentions if we trade up for pick 24 we are linked with Archer Reid, Phoenix Gothard and Koen Sanchez.
More about us from that article

“As flagged earlier under the Will Graham-Collingwood bid entry, the Gold Coast Suns’ Pick 24 — the second pick of the second round of the draft — is up for grabs, with the Brisbane Lionswidely expected to get their hands on that selection during the first night of the draft. The Lions could part with Picks 39, 51, 54 and 67 for Pick 24, which would give the Suns another 284 points to work with on draft night — a figure that could be the difference between them going into draft deficit or not.

Should the Lions move up the order, they’ve been linked to 203cm Gippsland Power forward-ruck Archer Reid, while they could also look at small forwards Phoenix Gothard (Murray Bushrangers) and Koen Sanchez(East Fremantle). But the Lions are reportedly also on the lookout for defenders, with Arie Schoenmaker, Zane Zakotelskyand Wil Dawson possible options.”

If we keep 30 and palm off every other pick to GC for 24, I wonder if we only take the 2 picks in the draft?

“As flagged earlier under the Will Graham-Collingwood bid entry, the Gold Coast Suns’ Pick 24 — the second pick of the second round of the draft — is up for grabs, with the Brisbane Lionswidely expected to get their hands on that selection during the first night of the draft. The Lions could part with Picks 39, 51, 54 and 67 for Pick 24, which would give the Suns another 284 points to work with on draft night — a figure that could be the difference between them going into draft deficit or not.

Should the Lions move up the order, they’ve been linked to 203cm Gippsland Power forward-ruck Archer Reid, while they could also look at small forwards Phoenix Gothard (Murray Bushrangers) and Koen Sanchez(East Fremantle). But the Lions are reportedly also on the lookout for defenders, with Arie Schoenmaker, Zane Zakotelskyand Wil Dawson possible options.”

If we keep 30 and palm off every other pick to GC for 24, I wonder if we only take the 2 picks in the draft?
Pretty much what has been suggested for a while. 2 live picks, plus upgrade Carter Michael.

I reckon if North keep those picks in the teens they will take both Reid and Zakotelsky.

I'd love Reid and Collard but I have doubts either are available at pick (as it stands) 24 from the Suns.

Only going by highlights but I really like what Collard could bring at the top level. Bit of Bailey bit of Cameron and a bit of Lohman in him.
There’s been a lot of discussion about Collard on the West Coast. Basically a couple of red flags in regards to moving out of WA, and questioning if he can handle a professional environment.

This talk has been going on since the middle of the U18 championships.

IMO a draft of Wil Dawson or Archer Reid + Phoenix Gothard(I like Koen Sanchez as well) + an upgrade of Carter Michael would be considering our likely picks a very good outcome.

There’s been a lot of discussion about Collard on the West Coast. Basically a couple of red flags in regards to moving out of WA, and questioning if he can handle a professional environment.

Classic West Coast rumour mongering

Did he go on any camps?

IMO a draft of Wil Dawson or Archer Reid + Phoenix Gothard(I like Koen Sanchez as well) + an upgrade of Carter Michael would be considering our likely picks a very good outcome.
The reality of the matter is that we are picking later in the draft so yes, i agree that they would be beneficial gets for what we have pick wise. As a KPD i feel that Schoenmaker is a tad small. Both ZZ and Dawson are raw with their knowledge of defending but they have a bit more height. Bring on Tuesday (who cares about first round of drafts anyway).

51, 54 and 67 are meaningless to us. If we can turned them into a pick 24 (incl 39) or trade them for future picks that would be an excellent outcome for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

51, 54 and 67 are meaningless to us. If we can turned them into a pick 24 (incl 39) or trade them for future picks that would be an excellent outcome for us.
If Gold Coast would swap Pick 24 for Brisbane’s Picks 39, 51,54, and 65, they gain points. Is it feasible for Brisbane to ask for their original F2 in exchange for the F4 (Hawthorn) they got in the Gunston/Ryan trade?

It would be satisfying to go to the draft table with Picks 24 and 30 plus their full compliment of F1 to F4 next year.

If Gold Coast would swap Pick 24 for Brisbane’s Picks 39, 51,54, and 65, they gain points. Is it feasible for Brisbane to ask for their original F2 in exchange for the F4 (Hawthorn) they got in the Gunston/Ryan trade?

It would be satisfying to go to the draft table with Picks 24 and 30 plus their full compliment of F1 to F4 next year.
I believe that’s unlikely.

More likely we might receive back that future 3rd that GC have, tied to Essendon.

I'm sure we would be asking, but why would The Suns do it, other than as a good will gesture. If we get a future third round pick back I'd be happy.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

As per Jack Darling type issues or real ones?

I thought Callum Twomey's Phantom Draft came out today, usually has very close to if not the closest to correct Phantom.
waiting-waiting-patiently.gif

here it is !!
Sadly Twomey has my 2 hopeful recruits going before we get a selection, he has Phoenix Gothard going to the Giants at pick 21 and Wil Dawson going to the Saints at pick 28.:( Not giving up hope though.

If we get pick 24 off the Suns we may still be able to grab 1 of them.

Interestingly Twomey also said we have shown interest in Sam Van Rooyen who will almost certainly be available at either of our first 2 selections.

Sadly Twomey has my 2 hopeful recruits going before we get a selection, he has Phoenix Gothard going to the Giants at pick 21 and Wil Dawson going to the Saints at pick 28.:( Not giving up hope though.

If we get pick 24 off the Suns we may still be able to grab 1 of them.

Interestingly Twomey also said we have shown interest in Sam Van Rooyen who will almost certainly be available at either of our first 2 selections.
So according to Twomey, potentially, Archer Reid (a forward) Sam Van Rooyen (a forward) together with Brandon Ryan during trade period
Somehow I don't think so. We usually have a very balanced approach to our drafting.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back