Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep got that. I more mean when we enter them into Ticketek. I assume it’ll tell you before you hit confirm that you’ve entered “x amount of priority 1” or you’ve entered “x amount of priority 1 and x amount of priority 2”.
No idea. Only Cat 1 memberships can be registered in the first window, but I think they would be accepted in the second and third windows if you're willing to risk missing out in the ballot - is how I understand it but could be wrong.

Edit: I have 4 x Cat 1's and been offered a Cat 2 for my daughter so we all get in, but the Cat 2 has to be registered separately, goes into a ballot and if successful could be seated/standing anywhere.

Yep got that. I more mean when we enter them into Ticketek. I assume it’ll tell you before you hit confirm that you’ve entered “x amount of priority 1” or you’ve entered “x amount of priority 1 and x amount of priority 2”.
You can only enter Priority 1 codes in the Priority 1 window.

You can enter Priority 1 and Priority 2 in the Priority 2 window, if you have mixed priorities in your group, that want to sit all together

Gotta laugh at the pants pissers at the AFL. They are so sensitive to bad news or stuff that doesn't make them look great.

I went to the AFL website an hour ago and clicked on the sydney v Port game ticketing stuff at

Then thought I'd go to Port's website and found the info I posted above. went back to shut this page down and saw this
  • Find answers to FAQ relating to Finals Series tickets
  • View ticket prices for the Toyota AFL Finals Series
I decide to click on the prices so I could get the graphic and compare how much the tickets have gone up and they take you to the 2023 Finals Series Ticket prices from Week1 to GF graphic and I posted in post #
  • #317 of this thread.

back in August they published this article on their website and spun it that there was a price freeze in this cost living crisis era. But see how they only talked about entry level prices not accross all categories. Can't then produce a graphic where people can compare things and see you are bullshit about a true freeze.

The AFL has today announced a price freeze on all entry level tickets for all matches at all venues across all four weeks of the 2024 Toyota AFL Finals Series, including the 2024 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

Entry level tickets for weeks one to three of the finals series have remained at 2016 prices – a nine-year price freeze - with Weeks One and Two frozen at $35 and Week Three frozen at $65.

The $185 entry level reserved seat ticket price for the Grand Final has been frozen for the sixth year in a row, since 2019.

I decided to compare last year's finals prices to this years. It confirms the AFL have frozen entry level tickets but most others have gone up by inflation - around 5% and the best 2 categories for the GF have gone up 10%.

SCG didn't host finals last year and comparing an AO PF last year to SCG PF this year means some people were able to get a discount for Category 2 and 3. Category 4 at SCG = Category 5 at AO, so the -32% is irrelevant.

1726554325888.png

Last edited:
Just wondering, do Priority 1 members get access to better seats then lower priorities, or does priority 1 just get you a guaranteed ticket that gets raffled with all the other people who got tickets in lower priorities?
Based on the registration information I'm pretty sure they'll be assigned into the best seats (next best available basis) before the P2s and P3s get a look in.

All the P1 members go into a ballot to randomly determine the order in which seats will be allocated, won't matter at what time you register tomorrow morning, just as long as you register during the P1 window. So while they're guaranteed a ticket, there will still be a ballot to determine order of allocation (i.e. who ends up in which seats is complete luck of the draw).

P2s and P3s go into their ballots in the same way but the ballot result for those levels will determine who will be successful in obtaining any remaining tickets from the Port Adelaide allocation.

Last edited:
Just wondering, do Priority 1 members get access to better seats then lower priorities, or does priority 1 just get you a guaranteed ticket that gets raffled with all the other people who got tickets in lower priorities?
They did in 2004, they didn't in 2007 when Ticketek and AFL ****ed up. Priority 3 got the best seats.

But because we haven't been there for so long you would have to ask people from others clubs if Ticketek are still ****ing things up.

I'm looking into hiring a private plane IF we make it to the grand final. Turboprop, seats 9 and would cost around $1200pp return on the day. Any interest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did in 2004, they didn't in 2007 when Ticketek and AFL ****ed up. Priority 3 got the best seats.

But because we haven't been there for so long you would have to ask people from others clubs if Ticketek are still ****ing things up.
Do you really have to ask?

It's Ticketek.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi, I’m Priority . Just wondering if we have to select option including standing room. Obviously we don’t want a standing room ticket, but if we don’t select this option, could we really lose our chance to get a ticket??

Hi, I’m Priority . Just wondering if we have to select option including standing room. Obviously we don’t want a standing room ticket, but if we don’t select this option, could we really lose our chance to get a ticket??

This is the exact question I was about to ask! I’ve got 5 priority 1, with 2 of those being elderly that couldn’t stand. Will I risk missing out if I don’t select standing room? (Probably should’ve asked the club this during the week)

Yeah I don't know why that warning was put out. If you are P1 you shouldn't have an issue and shouldn't end up with standing room. I feel like it is more of a warning for the P2 and P3's that might miss out.

All done and booked for the GF, done by 7:35, queue was only 2000 when I started. Should be way to doing the next couple of hours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back