Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cooper hodge, 16 year old son of hawks champion Luke is eligible for 2026 draft, is in lions academy and barracks for lions, may not bet drafted to Hawks....ahh ya hate to see it lol

KLYBVuB.gif

So is Stengle on 2 strikes now?
Well according to the apologists on SEN this is the only time something has happened to Stengel under Chris Scott’s watch.
How he is being allowed to play a week after being unresponsive means they must know it was not a medical episode - leaving it only open to alcohol or drugs.

How does the AFL allow them to get away with it? Much like Carlton not even being fined for leaving a clearly concussed player (out for a “virus” the next week 🙄) out on the field with apparently no case to answer.

What a rort.

Well according to the apologists on SEN this is the only time something has happened to Stengel under Chris Scott’s watch.
How he is being allowed to play a week after being unresponsive means they must know it was not a medical episode - leaving it only open to alcohol or drugs.

How does the AFL allow them to get away with it? Much like Carlton not even being fined for leaving a clearly concussed player (out for a “virus” the next week 🙄) out on the field with apparently no case to answer.

What a rort.

Not quite, now granted mine is health related when I do black out, but...

Hospital visits can be entirely observational, or you'll end up having a chat like I did back in the day with many people in coats to later be totally moronic with alcohol and medications. This is different to your example re the Blues.

No one knows as there is no context about the situation if this was simply say, me in a gym all "uh oh", needing to sit down and hydrate when I had done literally nothing but walk into the room just as; that ambient heat of body+lights, that re-circulated air, how my body then reacted to those instances and my own movements caused me to almost straight pass out as lack of hydration. And it being 2am, at a club, after the physical exertion of an AFL match when there is also in all likelihood a dehydration aspect of alcohol being consumed in any capacity, it could be as innocent as a singular episode that required a hydration and some observation as straight exhausted past the limit where the body went "it's nap time now".

Anyone who says you are stopping that function, has NFI. You have exactly 0% chance to stop that from happening.

Next day, you can be fully functional, as the body is a wondrous and entirely scary collection of parts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another impressive win for the Dogs but Coffield still managed to be unimpressive.

I was worried when we let him go he would get back to his 2020 form but he's bog average, he wouldn't be getting a game for us.

Neither would Billings but he isn't getting a game for the Dees either despite them being bog average and getting smoked tonight.

I just wanted to say, my margin was Olivers contract, so I want to congratulate the Doggies in getting that.

Another impressive win for the Dogs but Coffield still managed to be unimpressive.

I was worried when we let him go he would get back to his 2020 form but he's bog average, he wouldn't be getting a game for us.

Neither would Billings but he isn't getting a game for the Dees either despite them being bog average and getting smoked tonight.

Billings needs those around him, the Dees are just falling away basically.
Coffield, I was selling soon as he did his ACL, as that screamed "this man is going to crack the sads and revert to the in and out kid with deer in headlights thinking about how to act on a footy field".

Nice to know he's proving me right in sucking the fat one so my choice to sell him originally seems brighter by the day, so I can soothe my own ego on spotting talent.

Dees having a shocking end to the year, but it honestly makes me feel a little better about where we are at. When you consider they lost Brayshaw to retirement from concussion at the start of the year, Petracca to injury about a month ago and Oliver running around off half a preseason due to personal issues it goes a long way to proving that the difference between a premiership team and a team outside the 8 is a quality midfield.

We already had a midfield deficiency but not having Crouch, Clark and Dow available at the start of the year had us looking pretty meh. Now there's a bit more availability and we're looking competitive. If we can draft or trade in a good mid and get some more development out of Pou and Windhager we could see a bit of a rise up the ladder next year. Would be nice if Crouch could come good for another year or 2 as well, although that's looking less likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back