Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win Port, they had everyone barracking for them apart from Carlton supporters like we will against Essendon tomorrow.

We need to lift like Port did tonight.
Part of me wants Port to win the flag now, then for Hinkley to quit and take the Eagles job after all the BS he's had to put up with at that feral club.

But most of me doesn't care who wins so long as Carlton don't, and Essendon don't win a single final.

Part of me wants Port to win the flag now, then for Hinkley to quit and take the Eagles job after all the BS he's had to put up with at that feral club.

But most of me doesn't care who wins so long as Carlton don't, and Essendon don't win a single final.

Hinkley is underrated, he isn't a great tactical coach but he's a great players coach that gets his players buying in with a rev up.

Instead we got Port's most boring coach Alan Richardson who put our team to sleep and is now doing the same thing at the Dees.

Exactly how I feel too

Itā€™s a critical role if youā€™re going to be a front half team.

A small half forward who chases, pressures, tackles and kicks goals is a really fun player to watch. And thatā€™s because all their best work translates into goals or shots on goal. Bonus if they can chop out in the midfield.

Bobby Hill, Kysiah Pickett, Josh Rachele, Tom Papley, Willie Rioli, Liam Ryan, Cody Weightman, Cam Zurhaar, Lincoln McCarthy, Toby Greene, Jack Higgins, Jack Ginnivan, Michael Frederick, Brent Daniels, Luke Breust, Tyson Stengle.

That Essendon guy.

Izak Rankine and Shai Bolton two of the very best who have had extended midfield roles carved out for them. Like we tried to do with Gresham as did the Hawks with Dylan Moore.

Theyā€™re all amongst the biggest names in the competition for a reason. The teams that struggle in this position, struggle to win games.

Weā€™re a textbook example of the fact that a good defence doesnā€™t automatically translate into wins. But when Butler and Higgins are pumping is when weā€™re at our winning best.

If Collard can lift his pressure and physicality game then he will be an absolute delight to watch and our goals for tally will look much healthier.

Heā€™s way behind his fellow draftee Nick Watson though, which highlights quite nicely the value difference of a performing small against one with potential.

Hopefully the penny drops for Lance that the harder he works on his defensive game, the more his natural offensive talent will be allowed to come to the fore.

In the meantime, if we can land a Stengle then you clear the decks.
Is nick Watson the same draft class? Good example of an a regular ā€œgood first yearā€ for a draftee. Not the freak first year weā€™ve come to expect

Exactly how I feel too

How do you think the opening ceremony will go in Paris on the Seine tonight?

I hope it goes better than the AFL Grand Final parade on the Yarra back in 2022.

the carlton board is magnificent

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was GLORIOUS!

Things I learnt from the Blues board today:

* We could probably get Walsh for a 3rd Rd pick if we want him. They talk about him like we talk about Ross.

* We don't want him. He is a reckless turnover merchant who doesn't shepherd.

* If Walsh is their Ross, Kemp is their Howard. Hated and defended with rare passion.

* Voss can't coach apparently, he's being saved by the top 3 in the team. He doesn't make adjustments in game and he's selections are terrible. He's trying to shoehorn all his midfielders into the team at the cost to team shape. Apparently, they have too many midfielders (paging Stephen Silvani)

* Cerra is lost at half-back.

* Everyone loves Kennedy, but not everyone loves Ollie Hollands.

* Apparently, the umpires are "against" Carlton winning...

* Their season is now over! PARTY TIME!!

Here's my favourite post out of many pearlers:

But aren't they premiership favourites? I'm confused...

How do you think the opening ceremony will go in Paris on the Seine tonight?

I hope it goes better than the AFL Grand Final parade on the Yarra back in 2022.

Just finished watching it! Pretty good I have to say. I have never enjoyed the music of Celine Dion before, but I'd have to say after watching that song she did atop the eiffel tower, she smashed it. The song she was born to sing perhaps.

I don't know why Australia were one of the last countries in the parade considering all the others were in alphabetical order, does anyone know? Were they late for the ceremony?

There were good bits and dodgy bits but all up, very entertaining. My wife was very annoyed we didn't go up to Paris to watch it live, but I'm glad we got all the best views and no hassle.

Don't know what it was like for the crowds there, hopefully it went better than the Champions League final between Liverpool and Real Madrid a couple of years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching it! Pretty good I have to say. I have never enjoyed the music of Celine Dion before, but I'd have to say after watching that song she did atop the eiffel tower, she smashed it. The song she was born to sing perhaps.

I don't know why Australia were one of the last countries in the parade considering all the others were in alphabetical order, does anyone know? Were they late for the ceremony?

There were good bits and dodgy bits but all up, very entertaining. My wife was very annoyed we didn't go up to Paris to watch it live, but I'm glad we got all the best views and no hassle.

Don't know what it was like for the crowds there, hopefully it went better than the Champions League final between Liverpool and Real Madrid a couple of years ago.

Apparently because the next hit goes last and then in order of where the olympics are held. Brisbane is getting them after the US so we are second last.

No-one gives a **** about the Olympics any more. They are like NASA launches, shit that was big in the 80s to make the USSR feel shit about themselves.

Suck shit Carlton. Now we just need to take down the Dons.
How were they going on about a 5 vs a 7 day break?
Carlton played North for heavens sake. At Marvel.
Sheesh! šŸ™„
That was GLORIOUS!

Things I learnt from the Blues board today:

* We could probably get Walsh for a 3rd Rd pick if we want him. They talk about him like we talk about Ross.

* We don't want him. He is a reckless turnover merchant who doesn't shepherd.

* If Walsh is their Ross, Kemp is their Howard. Hated and defended with rare passion.

* Voss can't coach apparently, he's being saved by the top 3 in the team. He doesn't make adjustments in game and he's selections are terrible. He's trying to shoehorn all his midfielders into the team at the cost to team shape. Apparently, they have too many midfielders (paging Stephen Silvani)

* Cerra is lost at half-back.

* Everyone loves Kennedy, but not everyone loves Ollie Hollands.

* Apparently, the umpires are "against" Carlton winning...

* Their season is now over! PARTY TIME!!

Here's my favourite post out of many pearlers:

But aren't they premiership favourites? I'm confused...
Just spent 10 (enjoyable) minutes there.
Imagine putting the 5 day break as a reason in their thread header?

Do you still get a ban for posting smiley emojis in an oppo board thread?
Cal Silky?
Asking for a friendā€¦..

How were they going on about a 5 vs a 7 day break?
Carlton played North for heavens sake. At Marvel.
Sheesh! šŸ™„

Just spent 10 (enjoyable) minutes there.
Imagine putting the 5 day break as a reason in their thread header?

Do you still get a ban for posting smiley emojis in an oppo board thread?
Cal Silky?
Asking for a friendā€¦..
Is that a rule? I guess we'll see. Couldn't help myself

carlton to miss the 4 and go out week one and the bombers to miss altogether or to go out week one and still not win a final in 700000000 days lol

I like to think my last minute "oh shit I haven't tipped yet" on Friday of Carlton by 4,000,000,000,000,000 points summarily blew enough smoke to have them jettisoning out of the 4.

A lot of thought went into that one, a whole 2 seconds of "how many zeroes is that?".

That was my interest in that match, I instead power-napped so I could see French people get rained on after leading in from the F1 crew going "it's a bit wet & threatening". All just so I could yell at the TV "fall in ya pillocks" for someone to fall off a boat.

I read it was quite bad. Doubt I'll check it out but the reviews I read weren't favourable.

I stayed up all night watching it, it was surreal and very French, it was avant garde as they say there, I can speak the lingo.

Celine Dion making a comeback at the end was magnifique but I was disappointed with no Daft Punk or Jean Michel Jarre.

No Asterix or Serge Blanco the great French rugby player, they left a lot of great French stuff on the table but c'est la vie.

I stayed up all night watching it, it was surreal and very French, it was avant garde as they say there, I can speak the lingo.

Celine Dion making a comeback at the end was magnifique but I was disappointed with no Daft Punk or Jean Michel Jarre.

No Asterix or Serge Blanco the great French rugby player, they left a lot of great French stuff on the table but c'est la vie.

I watched the highlights. Amazing amount of ostrich feathers, and a lot of what looked like buskers they might have grabbed from southbank. Actually the bridges across the seine look pretty much like the ones across the Yarra.
And why didn't this guy get a look in?

For people who don't know how great Serge Blanco was, get a gander on this try against the Alan Jones coached Wallabies.

I watched the highlights. Amazing amount of ostrich feathers, and a lot of what looked like buskers they might have grabbed from southbank. Actually the bridges across the seine look pretty much like the ones across the Yarra.
And why didn't this guy get a look in?

He's Belgian.

Even Europeans struggle to tell the difference.

The French claim Plastic Bertrand as their own, he is from the French speaking part of Belgium.

I went on a tour of the Stade de France and Plastic Bertrand was rehearsing there playing his only hit.

You wouldn't think he would need to rehearse when that's probably the only song he plays but there he was,

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back