Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No way. We were going downwards hard. As much as I loved that group they were spent.
2011 was a write off but they all went back to playing good footy in 2012. I think the biggest obstacle would’ve been we had a shit recruiter. Probably unlikely but we’ll never know.

2011 was a write off but they all went back to playing good footy in 2012. I think the biggest obstacle would’ve been we had a shit recruiter. Probably unlikely but we’ll never know.
Watters was c**t for what its worth.

Reckon any Bloos supporter will come for a flex tonight like when we beat them then fell into the finals because Freo are a bunch of spineless chokers?

Game went exactly as I thought a total embarrassment, looked better by a few junk time goals.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Blues fans have had a rough few weeks.

They lose to St Kilda. Basically shit themselves for 2 hours only to get belted in finals.
Good two weeks for everyone else.

9.6 to O, we obviously destroyed them, then Brisbane took the foot off.

Blues fans have had a rough few weeks.

They lose to St Kilda. Basically shit themselves for 2 hours only to get belted in finals.
How very satisfying.
Tonight on top of our win against them.
Great way to end the season if we can’t make finals ourselves.

How very satisfying.
Tonight on top of our win against them.
Great way to end the season if we can’t make finals ourselves.
Who goes into preseason better? A team that won 6 from 8, beating Carlton, Geelong and Sydney ( and destroying Essendon) or a team humiliated in a final and managed to beat only North and WCE since June 30?

Hmmmmm

I'm a bit annoyed that the lazy Lions didn't seek to humiliate Carlton as much as they could have, but to be fair I spent an afternoon in Queensland back in the nineties and it was so uncomfortably hot I had to hide in an air conditioned shopping centre, so I reckon they were probably wise to save their energy for a real final with the Giants.

I'd say this was the mood among the Brisbane team:

"Alright you blokes, it's a final, it's Carlton, nobody stress...

Bish
Bash
Bosh

Alright, there ya go, that'll do.
Wake us up when they get near - 30 points should do it."

End result was too flattering to the Blues, but a finals exit with the record of being the only finals team since 1974 to be scoreless in an opening quarter is sufficient so for now, stand down, Raygun.

Jesus, I said stand down not fall dow - oh sorry you were breakdancing, go ahead

a team humiliated in a final and managed to beat only North and WCE since June 30?

Is that for real?

Hahahahaha, what massive chokers the Carlton Football Club are! Once again.

They have Fremantle and Brisbane to thank for letting them exit this season with a shread of dignity

Last edited:
I lived with some Queensland blokes in a sharehouse in London and they didn't give a rat's tossbag about the Brisbane Lions.

They were fans of Queensland in the State of Origin, Bundaberg Rum and The Go Betweens.

I wasn't a fan of the first two but I was a fan of The Go Betweens, a great Queensland band.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that for real?

Hahahahaha, what massive chokers the Carlton Football Club are! Once again.

They have Fremantle and Brisbane to thank for letting them exit this season with a shread of dignity

June 30: Blues beat Cats
July 6: Lose to Giants
July 13: Lose to Dogs
July 21: Beat North and Vossy smiles
July 26: Lose to Port
August 3: Lose to Pies
August 11: Lose to Hawks
August 18: Beat Eagles and Vossy is pleased with himself
August 25: Lose to us
Sept 7: Lose to Lions

So yes, factual statement, Blues since June 30th are 3-7 from their last 10.

I did love Vossy though "we tend to bundle them all the same, but they are all different" what a wordsmith, no wonder the Blues walked on the ground and got confused about what a clearance was and what a ball did for half a goddamn match you luddite.

He’s born and bred Sydney. Never going to happen. They should never have gotten him with pick 17 on an academy pick, or whatever, but that’s what the AFL want.

Yeah i know, no-one was really thinking that, but we were taking the piss on the trade thread at the time.

I just had a chuckle on the game day thread on the main board. I mean talk about satisfying! I would have preferred a bit more anger and astonishment but the schadenfreude is off the charts. Recommended!

Voss starting TDK on the bench and subbing off Kennedy before HT - hope he's the Carlton coach for many future seasons. Imagine if Rossy had said yes to them?

(the horror)

You see, Purple; THAT'S a bloody Sliding Door ya nitwit

Seems there's a fair chance old mate Darragh comes in to Brisbane's team for the final against GWS with Payne going down with a knee. He'd be getting a bit nervous already I'd reckon. 😵‍💫

Watch Kingsley's presser... then watch Vossy's. Night and day. Voss is a clown.
He’s off his rocker. Risked Docherty for nothing and played a ruckman as a sub in a final.

Right on cue Acres kicks a goal, I wish we still had him, we threw him away as steak knives to get the Brad Hill deal done.

Then Freo threw him away as well along with Jesse Hogan.
Because Hill and Wood are so shit. Acres was ok but he would be delisted by now if he stayed at the Saints.

It didn’t really stand up last year, GWS ran rings around us and I think a lot of that had to do with the three tall forwards. It looks good at Marvel but on the big MCG you get exposed.

Weird game that one. We looked overwhelmed. I think we are a better side this year and who knows how much Membrey had on them in that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back