Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sooo…Geelong are openly rorting the soft cap?

Personally if i wanted finance, i'd be sceptical about a smallish company that invested in AFL advertising and gave bogus jobs to football coaches.
I'd rather have lower interest rates.

Personally if i wanted finance, i'd be sceptical about a smallish company that invested in AFL advertising and gave bogus jobs to football coaches.
I'd rather have lower interest rates.
Other clubs need to press the AFL on what grounds this is appropriate. Nothing short of a disgrace.

And while they’re at it. Review every regional property purchased made by Geelong players and staff. Who sold it and have it independently appraised as whether they paid anywhere near market rate. Wouldn’t be that difficult to verify based on public records.

Last edited:

“There’s no reason why other clubs should not be doing this with their coaches, with their players,” said Edmund.

Wrong Sam , you simpleton.
Only a privately run company ( IE ,VISY, Cotton-On , Morris Finance ) is able to unjustifiably throw money at a football club.
Most organisations answer to shareholders or overseas managment.
Throwing money at football clubs would simply not be tolerated.

“There’s no reason why other clubs should not be doing this with their coaches, with their players,” said Edmund.

Wrong Sam , you simpleton.
Only a privately run company ( IE ,VISY, Cotton-On , Morris Finance ) is able to unjustifiably throw money at a football club.
Most organisations answer to shareholders or overseas managment.
Throwing money at football clubs would simply not be tolerated.
Gotta love the idea that "everyone should just be rorting the system, problem solved" is in any way a reasonable argument.

Its a sad state of affairs when the NRL is ahead of you on a policy relating to salary cap cheating.

The AFL pander to the richer and more sucessful clubs, they wouldnt ask questions as the have that many skeletons themselves it would blow up in their faces. Ive said it before but I think professional sport in Australia needs a government oversight body to keep the bastards honest. Just imagine if there was an investigative body that could audit and hold these leagues and competitions to account. Just imagine the political push back it would hilarious, but just dreaming really....

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back