2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

What sections will the sun be going straight in your eyes?

From the bounce it’ll be about M26 around the southern wing and all of the punt rd end.

This happened last year to someone on the board here and they called the club and it all got sorted out, they reprocessed the payment.
I hope so however so far both Ticketek and the club haven’t been all that helpful. They are referring me to each other and I have been on hold with ticketek for 30 minutes so far

Okay so half the stadium is screwed. Is it really bad, does it hinder your vision of the game

I HATE sitting in full sun at the football. But you’re at the grand final so it’ll be fine. It’s also Melbourne so it’s not qld heat. It was a hot one last year getting cooked in the 30+ but much cooler temps predicted for this year, I think 23. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Woke up to find I got standing room from P2. Bit disappointed as way worse than last year. Will now have that question in my mind that clicking yes to that screwed me into that spot. But that teaches me for not upgrading my membership this year. Never been an issue till now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so half the stadium is screwed. Is it really bad, does it hinder your vision of the game? I’m Q14
At least from up in Q14 you are looking down at the field.

Anyhow another reason the AFL should have a twilight or my preference a night game.
Also, any entertainment that they spend big money on in daylight is just crap to watch

Woke up to find I got standing room from P2. Bit disappointed as way worse than last year. Will now have that question in my mind that clicking yes to that screwed me into that spot. But that teaches me for not upgrading my membership this year. Never been an issue till now

Get there early and befriend people standing around you to save your spot.

I HATE sitting in full sun at the football. But you’re at the grand final so it’ll be fine. It’s also Melbourne so it’s not qld heat. It was a hot one last year getting cooked in the 30+ but much cooler temps predicted for this year, I think 23. I wouldn’t worry about it.
Okay I was only worried about getting blinded by the sun, and not seeing the game properly.
My Eyes Pain GIF

The thing is because of where you fell this year in the random ballot (way down the list randomly i assume) you are probably lucky you chose "including standing room".
If you did not you may have missed out altogether.
Last year i was P1 ended up in back row with standing room people just behind me.

We got M29 as well, Category 1 members. As I said earlier I'm grateful to be inside the ground on Lions GF day but the way Ticketek does the allocation of seating and what they deem best available seats really needs to be addressed. Ticketek and the AFL couldn't care less though, they could sell 200,000 at just about any price if there was a stadium that held that many.

You can bet your bottom dollar that some Cat 2-3 members will end up with great seats in the 2nd tier... which is annoying.

The thing is because of where you fell this year in the random ballot (way down the list randomly i assume) you are probably lucky you chose "including standing room".
If you did not you may have missed out altogether.
Last year i was P1 ended up in back row with standing room people just behind me.
It’s so stupid the way the ballot works. Should be in stages, P1 randomly assigned best available seats, then open it to P2, then P3.

Just got off the phone from ticketek, card failed again yet wifes connected to the exact same account worked. Apologies to all for being stressed out. Section M4 row CC.

I think I need a stiff drink…

Lets go 💪
Great news!

Okay I was only worried about getting blinded by the sun, and not seeing the game properly.
My Eyes Pain GIF

Wear some sunnies and don’t look straight into the sun

1727053060412.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back