Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

This year was absolutely a blown chance.

People didn’t expect us to win the flag at the start of the year but we were favourites going into the prelim after destroying port in Adelaide and a weeks rest.
We were coming up against an interstate team at the MCG team that finished outside the top 4 and had to come from 8 goals down the previous week on the road. We had barely any injuries and looked incredibly fit.

Yes we lost and it is what it is now but it doesn’t mean it’s all ok because we weren’t expected to win by the experts. Who cares if we weren’t expected to win.
Were Hawthorn expected to win in 2008?
Eagles 2018?
We shot ourselves in the foot by missing goals early and not being able to hold the lead with 2 minutes on the clock.
We genuinely could have won the flag.

Anyway that’s all I’ll say on this in this thread.

Hopefully todays game is a cracker.
Spot on

If Geel had say an unconvincing 3 goal win against Port in that 1st final , then last week loss big deal

But Geel played sensational football in winning by 84 pts and were in the absolute box seat to win the flag , against 2 interstate sides - 19 pts up at h/time what more do you want

Well 20pts up at 3 qtr time in the 13 PF , 4goals up at h/t in the 19 pf , 22 pts up in the 20 gf , honestly the list is endless , then go to the 60s , the early 80s and early 90s , and then theres 15-20 beautiful chances that just went begging

Anyhow enough on that

Todays game i dont know who im barracking for , i will just watch it and see how it happens , i did however like Rampe ( who has played in 3 losing ones ) yesterday , he spoke like an old fashioned hard nosed capt

Interesting the Swans have got a psychologist- Emma someone , been their since January , get the horrors of the 22 GF out of their head , and as Leon Cameron ( their football manager said ) get them to switch on from the very 1st minute of the GF

As long as Papley or Zorko don’t get a premiership medal 🤞
I was thinking about this earlier. I think Zorko is a dickhead onfield and off. Papley just onfield, as far as I know.

Did I just see Tony Lockett on that dodgy AAMI ad? He's skin and bones! Seriously, is he a cancer survivor or something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Music performances at the MCG don't work during daylight hours. Will help the atmosphere a lot when the match gets moved to a twilight or night time time slot
Katy Perry isn't what I normally listen to (I'm a metalhead!! :devilv1:) but I thought the sound was spot-on. Atmosphere-wise you're almost never gonna get the entire crowd rocking along, even if it was at twilight. Most music acts have their fan base, and your average footy crowd crosses too many demographical lines to ever rock out as one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back