Competitions 2024 GWS Board Goalkicker Knockout Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do we stand on this …. Still running?
Yes, sorry. Meant to post here on Saturday after the game, then I've been on the road.

The starting players (no subs required) for round 19 were:

Colonial: Darcy Jones (geez, that was a lucky change given Toby Bedford's suspension/overturn!!)

Orange Crush: Jake Riccardi

Both goaled, so we're on to next week with both of you still live. (I think this is the longest the competition has ever lasted!)

Now, Colonial, I got you to switch because Bedford was originally suspended. Do you want to switch back, now that he's had that suspension overturned ... or is Darcy your new lucky charm?

Yes, sorry. Meant to post here on Saturday after the game, then I've been on the road.

The starting players (no subs required) for round 19 were:

Colonial: Darcy Jones (geez, that was a lucky change given Toby Bedford's suspension/overturn!!)

Orange Crush: Jake Riccardi

Both goaled, so we're on to next week with both of you still live. (I think this is the longest the competition has ever lasted!)

Now, Colonial, I got you to switch because Bedford was originally suspended. Do you want to switch back, now that he's had that suspension overturned ... or is Darcy your new lucky charm?
Think I’ll hang in there with Darcy

OK Colonial & Orange crush, I'm ahead of the game today. These are your starting players; reserve only required in the case of a late drop-out since all 4 are selected in the team.

Colonial: Darcy Jones Reserve: Aaron Cadman

Orange Crush: Jake Riccardi Reserve: Brent Daniels

Any goal versus no goal today from your primary player wins the comp. If there's no winner this week, for next week I will start a countback provision (TBA).

Hey Colonial & Orange crush - do you guys want to bring it to an end (with a win for one of you) quickly?

If so, I can tweak the plan, no countback system, and a clean win.

Essentially, it would be next of your primary players to goal gets the win - simple and easy. (i.e. first past the post, so to speak.) Sometime in the next 4 weeks, one of them will get a goal, surely.

If you want to do that, it's likely we'll have a winner next week, but both will need to agree to the change.

Hey Colonial & Orange crush - do you guys want to bring it to an end (with a win for one of you) quickly?

If so, I can tweak the plan, no countback system, and a clean win.

Essentially, it would be next of your primary players to goal gets the win - simple and easy. (i.e. first past the post, so to speak.) Sometime in the next 4 weeks, one of them will get a goal, surely.

If you want to do that, it's likely we'll have a winner next week, but both will need to agree to the change.
How about most goals for the primary player? Colonial

Then if even first goal scorer …. Gives us the full game to cheer

How about most goals for the primary player? Colonial

Then if even first goal scorer …. Gives us the full game to cheer
Ok, what if I put your reserve player in play too, and the winner comes from whoever meets one of the conditions below, in priority order of (1) to (4):

(1) most goals from primary player in the game;

if even, then:

(2) most goals from reserve player in the game;

if even, then:

(3) first primary player to score a goal;

if no primary player scored a goal, then:

(4) first reserve player to score a goal.

Surely that should get us a winner in next week's game (none of your 4 players would kick a goal for it to be a bust).

If each of you is happy with this, give me a thumbs up, if not, thumbs down and come back with an alternative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, Colonial & Orange crush, we don't yet have a live contest, but let's see what the second half brings.

Orange Crush: Brent Daniels Reserve: Callan Ward

Drumroll, please.

GOALS Greater Western Sydney: Hogan 5, Greene 3, Cadman, Jones, Daniels, Green

(1) most goals from primary player in the game: Colonial (Jones) = 1 vs Orange Crush (Daniels) = 1

(2) most goals from reserve player in the game: Colonial (Cadman) = 1 vs Orange Crush (Ward) = 0

Thanks to the Cad-man, Colonial wins this year's goalkicker knockout competition!

Congratulations Colonial, but also well played Orange crush.

That's the longest the comp has lasted during a season to date.

I will organise for your "boot" to be added to your profile, Colonial.

Drumroll, please.

GOALS Greater Western Sydney: Hogan 5, Greene 3, Cadman, Jones, Daniels, Green

(1) most goals from primary player in the game: Colonial (Jones) = 1 vs Orange Crush (Daniels) = 1

(2) most goals from reserve player in the game: Colonial (Cadman) = 1 vs Orange Crush (Ward) = 0

Thanks to the Cad-man, Colonial wins this year's goalkicker knockout competition!

Congratulations Colonial, but also well played Orange crush.

That's the longest the comp has lasted during a season to date.

I will organise for your "boot" to be added to your profile, Colonial.
I blame Riccas finger, but well played Colonial and cheers GS

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2024 GWS Board Goalkicker Knockout Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back