List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I have the same sentiments as I had with HH. Would like to keep him as a local lad and academy grad, but the benefit of those aspects needs to be keeping him for less $$$ than he can get elsewhere. Both are role players rather than stars. I won't say that you can find anyone to fill their roles, but it should not be to the price being offered by other clubs.

I can understand that he's torn, and I will understand if he leaves for the $$$. It would be hard to knock that much back.

He's not worth that $$$ to us.

Sucks, but I reckon our current offer is right, and the rest is now on him.
He is not worth the $800+ others are offering, but he is worth the $650k we are.

A wild Fonti appearing has definitely dampened the blow of potentially losing Perryman.
But will we lose Cumming as well? More importantly....we can't overpay for a guy doing 600 soft tissues injuries and playing on a wing. Thought he had a great few games but just isn't the type of player you throw the cheque book at.
I'd prefer to keep Perryman over Cumming but the price is WAY overs.

A wild Fonti appearing has definitely dampened the blow of potentially losing Perryman.
But will we lose Cumming as well? More importantly....we can't overpay for a guy doing 600 soft tissues injuries and playing on a wing. Thought he had a great few games but just isn't the type of player you throw the cheque book at.
I'd prefer to keep Perryman over Cumming but the price is WAY overs.
It’s not the players as such but more so the experience we lose if they leave. In fahey, Fonti and stone think we have Pez covered and through the midfield we have Leake, Wehr and Angwin plus the small forwards who can move up the ground with Gothard coming in. But all makes a relatively inexperienced side more inexperienced

It’s not the players as such but more so the experience we lose if they leave. In fahey, Fonti and stone think we have Pez covered and through the midfield we have Leake, Wehr and Angwin plus the small forwards who can move up the ground with Gothard coming in. But all makes a relatively inexperienced side more inexperienced
We need a 200cm plus ruck forward.
We also need a couple of quality mids.

We need a 200cm plus ruck forward.
Not 200cm, but almost. (199cm)

I like the look of this guy ...

I remember when we were interested in Luke Jackson, so I wonder if Kayle Gerreyn would get any interest from us. He's meant to be rated in the 20s or 30s, depending on which draft watcher ... but he might go earlier if a club sees a need. Melbourne for example.

This game (WAFL Colts) he had 30 HOs, 30 disposals & 2 goals.

Fox has listed us as one of the (many) possible suitors for Clayton Oliver - Melbourne will pay a (significant?) portion of his $1million salary

GWS might be another to assess the potential upside of acquiring Oliver in order to further bolster its list. Despite the likelihood that the Giants are storming to another finals berth, they haven’t quite been the same side in the second half of the year as they were in the first. Possibly a byproduct of that is Tom Green probably not performing to his typical lofty standards. GWS surely would have hoped Finn Callaghan was set to become an inside ball-getter, however he still seems a player more likely to do serious damage on the outside. Picks 14, 34, 52, 55 and 70 gives GWS some wriggle room on the trade table

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox has listed us as one of the (many) possible suitors for Clayton Oliver - Melbourne will pay a (significant?) portion of his $1million salary

GWS might be another to assess the potential upside of acquiring Oliver in order to further bolster its list. Despite the likelihood that the Giants are storming to another finals berth, they haven’t quite been the same side in the second half of the year as they were in the first. Possibly a byproduct of that is Tom Green probably not performing to his typical lofty standards. GWS surely would have hoped Finn Callaghan was set to become an inside ball-getter, however he still seems a player more likely to do serious damage on the outside. Picks 14, 34, 52, 55 and 70 gives GWS some wriggle room on the trade table

Trust me when I say this:

Clarry ain’t going anywhere.

Especially to us.

Not happening.

We would have gotten one Dees premiership player (no longer at Dees) had Yze been announced our coach but none of that core would consider a move to us.

Not happening.

At all.

I didn’t read the article prior to my first comment. Having read it this phrase sticks out:

“There’s frustration and tension building between the two parties — Clayton Oliver is frustrated about lately starting on the bench, this new role that he’s been given — he doesn’t think he’s being utilised the best way he can be”

So; a bloke with the worst (unwarranted) reputation in league footy in years is somehow now a competitive beast that doesn’t want to be benched?

What is it?

Is he a useless drug dependant dead beat or his he a fierce competitor who doesn’t want to benched?

Media and fans can’t have it both ways.

Pick a side and flipping stick to it.

Fk I hate the media

Can understand the EH angle, from his perspective, who's spot does he take? At his age he can't really afford to spend 12 months to break into a regular spot. Not sure Ward has another season and don't really want to see him end up in role Keefe is playing this year.
Think we could use the Keefe style of player. Think EH would fill that role nicely.
Ward will always be needed. His leadership and knowledge developing and helping the next batch of Giants would be beneficial.

Think we could use the Keefe style of player. Think EH would fill that role nicely.
Ward will always be needed. His leadership and knowledge developing and helping the next batch of Giants would be beneficial.
We want him as a backup utility; he wants to play first grade. I can see why he might have changed his mind to come to GWS.

I didn’t read the article prior to my first comment. Having read it this phrase sticks out:

“There’s frustration and tension building between the two parties — Clayton Oliver is frustrated about lately starting on the bench, this new role that he’s been given — he doesn’t think he’s being utilised the best way he can be”

So; a bloke with the worst (unwarranted) reputation in league footy in years is somehow now a competitive beast that doesn’t want to be benched?

What is it?

Is he a useless drug dependant dead beat or his he a fierce competitor who doesn’t want to benched?

Media and fans can’t have it both ways.

Pick a side and flipping stick to it.

Fk I hate the media
Clearly the master plan is for him to join Freo for 2 years and once that's a disaster we pick him up for a 4th rounder, and he moves into Mummy's granny flat.

We want him as a backup utility; he wants to play first grade. I can see why he might have changed his mind to come to GWS.
Last year that was the plan and everyone was happy with it since he was languishing in reserves at Adelaide and at least he's got his brother up here and family nearby.

This year he's... well, not cemented a senior spot, but at a minimum hasn't looked out of place in the AFL. So I can 100% see why coming up here as a reserve (and probably on a reserves pay scale) is no longer attractive. Before the options were "delisted" vs "GWS reserves", now it's "seniors somewhere, even at an average club" vs "GWS reserves" and most will take the former.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back